PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Paragliders
 Paragliding race modes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Robert Haugen
Pulcino

Norway
37 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2019 :  10:36:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
However, after entering the waypoints it requires to erase the start cylinder later to check if the distances are correct.

Is it the takeoff cylinder to are deleting, or the start cylinder?

LK8000 doesnt need the takeoff cylinder to calculate the task correctly, as long as the take off cylinder is not the actual start cylinder enter/exit.

All competitions I have flown I simply enter the task on the task board without takeoff cylinder (excluding the "TO" shown in the picture).

Then I go to task analysis and check that the task km is correct according to the taskboard. Which has been correct all the time.

Flymaster for example, needs the takeoff cylinder to start and calculate the task correctly.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/MZV6zVTP7XTE4U777

Robert Haugen

Edited by - Robert Haugen on 28/04/2019 11:06:34
Go to Top of Page

cstampler
Pulcino

29 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2019 :  17:32:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Robert Haugen
Is it the takeoff cylinder to are deleting, or the start cylinder?

It is actually the take off cylinder to be deleted, I wrote that wrong in my other posting and have already corrected it, thank you Robert!

LK8000 6.0 // Vertica 2 // Internal GT Altimeter // Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional

Edited by - cstampler on 28/04/2019 17:33:28
Go to Top of Page

cstampler
Pulcino

29 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2019 :  19:37:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Robert Haugen

All competitions I have flown I simply enter the task on the task board without takeoff cylinder (excluding the "TO" shown in the picture).

All the comps I have attended so far do include the takeoff in the actual task distance, therefore deleting or not even entering the takeoff would result in a different task distance to what is written on the on the taskboard.

LK8000 6.0 // Vertica 2 // Internal GT Altimeter // Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional
Go to Top of Page

Slople
Pulcino

8 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2019 :  23:49:09  Show Profile  Visit Slople's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
@Slople: how do you manage SSS and ESS in XCS ?

I don't. I bought an Android for XCTrack only for this.
Go to Top of Page

cstampler
Pulcino

29 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2020 :  18:40:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After almost 4 years now, may I ask once again to please work on the requested feature for paragliders? Would be highly appreciated!

Thanks & regards,

Chris.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy