PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
PF Home | International_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Development Updates
 Source code release of LK8000
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2010 :  23:57:38  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't want to spend time on this matter, Max. Clearly I need those dlls source in order to let the LK source roll out, or a permission to use them with no sources by all the authors, or whatever I have no idea. It's not urgent, but by next week I'd like to prepare the package and still have to understand what's missing.

How is it possible that 5.2.4 is out illegally, then?
Go to Top of Page

Plantain
New Entry

1 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  00:00:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Coolwind

Who is going to be interested here in the source code, apart from Mat (I know of)? Just to gather volunteers for developments!

I'm interested in the source, as per our previous conversations via email. I am already familiar with developing for XCSoar.
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  00:08:06  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great. Please write me privately..
Go to Top of Page

maxk
Pulcino

43 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  00:16:11  Show Profile  Visit maxk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Clearly I need those dlls source in order to let the LK source roll out

The GRecord.dll mess was not your mistake. Strictly speaking, you are not allowed to (re)distribute GRecord.dll without also distributing its source code.

My suggestion is that you post the LK8000 source code as soon as possible, and figure out how to obtain the GRecord.dll sources after that.

A LK8000 source code release solves your biggest problem, but don't fear, it does not create new ones. The GRecord.dll thing is an independent issue. As I said, it's solved, and I'll be happy to assist you with it, after you have posted your sources.
Go to Top of Page

bdserv
Pulcino

26 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  14:35:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Let's see if I understand this correctly, XCSoar has been distributed illegally now for years because the source for all of the included files is not included and availble, and the same people involved in this want to stop the development and distribution of LK8000 because the source code is not yet being released, which is essentially the same reason?

If you do sue over this don't you think this double standard will kill your arguement?
Go to Top of Page

maxk
Pulcino

43 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  14:39:59  Show Profile  Visit maxk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
If you do sue over this don't you think this double standard will kill your arguement?

No. Read my previous post. I am not responsible for this past mistake of the old XCSoar development team. I was the one who hurried them to solve it. Just like I urged Paolo to release his sources. The former has happened a few days after my request, the latter is (hopefully) about to happen now, one year after my request.
Go to Top of Page

bdserv
Pulcino

26 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  15:52:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
But XCSoar continues to be distributed, even by you personally I believe with your own builds. How can you legally do this if you are not able to provide all of the source code [essentially the same thing you are accusing the developers of LK8000 of doing]?

If the XCSoar folks are willing to overlook this technicality, then how can anyone criticize what is happening with LK8000?

To me it appears to be a double standard.
Go to Top of Page

maxk
Pulcino

43 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  15:58:19  Show Profile  Visit maxk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
But XCSoar continues to be distributed, even by you personally I believe with your own builds. How can you legally do this if you are not able to provide all of the source code [essentially the same thing you are accusing the developers of LK8000 of doing]?

I repeat (for the fifth time in this thread):

Problem is solved!

Please read the above sentence. I don't want to repeat it *again*.
Go to Top of Page

parapenT1sta
Pterodattilo

Portugal
1863 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  16:39:11  Show Profile  Visit parapenT1sta's Homepage  Click to see parapenT1sta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You make me laugh!! How it's solved if 5.2.4 still available to download at xcsoar.org

And thank you very much by sent email to blogspot to block my blog!!!!

I repeat 5.2.4 still available online!!!! What u did for this??? Sorry, I forgot is not from your time! You solved in 6.0 but u let 5.2.4 because u know that 6.0 is buggy!!!
Go to Top of Page

maxk
Pulcino

43 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  17:03:53  Show Profile  Visit maxk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
5.2.4 still available to download at xcsoar.org

Please explain how that offends anybody's rights.
Go to Top of Page

maxk
Pulcino

43 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  18:02:23  Show Profile  Visit maxk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
TiGuy82, shame on you for repeating somebody else's (bogus) rant without having the slightest clue what it is about.
Go to Top of Page

parapenT1sta
Pterodattilo

Portugal
1863 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  18:51:28  Show Profile  Visit parapenT1sta's Homepage  Click to see parapenT1sta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Because you told that 5.2.4 is illegal! But it still available to download or not?
Go to Top of Page

maxk
Pulcino

43 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  22:01:38  Show Profile  Visit maxk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Because you told that 5.2.4 is illegal!

No, I did not write that. Here is what I wrote:

"Distributing GRecord.dll without source code has never been legal."

Note the condition attached to my statement.

Then I wrote:

"Fortunately, we could solve that problem."

Obey the condition, now try to imagine how our solution looks like.

(I could tell you the whole story, but you didn't ask.)
Go to Top of Page

modellbobby
Aquilotto

323 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2010 :  07:49:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really dont know why anybody here writes to Max, who has been so nice to LK8000 in the past.

Max, no one cares about your opinion here and we all laugh about the illegal 5.2.4. YOU acted like a offended child and for this reason dont be surprised about the fact that nobody wants to work with you.

I believe you are every hour scanning this forum and trying to either copy functionalities or trying to sabotage this project.
Go to Top of Page

maxk
Pulcino

43 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2010 :  08:07:10  Show Profile  Visit maxk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by modellbobbyI really dont know why anybody here writes to Max

Karim, your talent to troll yourself without even noticing will never cease to amaze me. You wonder why anybody writes to me, and for the rest of your post, you do exactly that.

But enough of that off-topic drivel now. Paolo started this topic to evaluate how he will release his source code. When you guys saw my name, your logic circuits melted, and you attempted to drag this topic into a flame fest (based on the false assumptions). Please, let's pull ourselves together. Those who wish to flame/entertain me shall send me a private email to max@duempel.org. Or start another thread dedicated for that.

But please, this thread is about the LK8000 source code release. It's for us grown-ups.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Suggerimenti dello staff:

Note legali (italiano):
Privacy Policy Cookie Policy
Legal notice (english):
Privacy Policy Cookie Policy

PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - P.I. 05264240960