PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 BUG reporting and solved list
 Newer versions do not visualize .cup files?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alf
Aquilotto

Italy
210 Posts

Posted - 16/10/2020 :  15:27:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Devices: Samsung S10e; Samsung A5
Version: 7.1s Beta

I am not sure it is a bug, but on my Android devices, on the last Beta versions, I can't see .cup waypoints anymore.
I still see the waypoints from the same .cup file on the last Windows PC version, and I still see them in the Android stable version 7.0, using the same devices.
I did not change anything in my configuration and I remember that on older Beta versions the same .cup file worked, so something must have changed lately, on one of the last beta.

BravoLima
Aquilotto

Netherlands
276 Posts

Posted - 16/10/2020 :  22:52:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm also using a Samsung A5 (2017) and have the beta v7.1s installed.
I don't have any problem with .cup files (old or new format).
Are your files ok?
Go to Top of Page

Alf
Aquilotto

Italy
210 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2020 :  12:51:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's misterious.. After reading your answer I tried to reproduce your (working) situation and so I:
Took my Samsung A5, uninstalled LK Beta, erased LK directory and reset the device.
Installed again LK Beta (7.1s). Did not touch anything in the configuration.
Using LKMAPS I downloaded openaip waipoints for Netherlands, BOTH the .cup version and the .aip version.
In Configuration I selected the .cup file and still I did not see any waypoint on the map.
Then I selected the .aip file and this time I did regularly see them.

If on the same device I use LK Stable version (7.0) both files work.

By the way, I did the same trials on other two different Android devices with the same results.
Go to Top of Page

davesalmon
Pterodattilo

United Kingdom
1620 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2020 :  13:12:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do the waypoints appear in Nav-Waypoint Lookup?
Go to Top of Page

BravoLima
Aquilotto

Netherlands
276 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2020 :  13:25:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are you using the old or the new format and what is the very first line in your .cup file?
Cup files from the OpenAIP website have additional text before the data-field line:

* Exported on: 17.10.2020
* This data is owned by Butterfly Avionics GmbH and licensed under the CC BY-NC-SA,
* not to be used for commercial purposes. For more information on commercial licensing visit
* http://www.openaip.net/commercial-licensing
* openAIP data is not certified and must not be used for primary navigation or flight planning.
* NEVER RELY ON OPENAIP DATA. openAIP data contains errors. Using openAIP data may
* result in serious injury or death, use at your own risk!
* OPENAIP OFFERS THE WORK AS-IS AND MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND
* CONCERNING THE WORK, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION,
* WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NONINFRINGEMENT, OR
* THE ABSENCE OF LATENT OR OTHER DEFECTS, ACCURACY, OR THE PRESENCE OF ABSENCE OF ERRORS,
* WHETHER OR NOT DISCOVERABLE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED
* WARRANTIES, SO THIS EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
* EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL OPENAIP BE LIABLE TO YOU ON
* ANY LEGAL THEORY FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES
* ARISING OUT OF THIS LICENSE OR THE USE OF THE WORK, EVEN IF OPENAIP HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE
* POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.

DELETE THIS ADDITIONAL TEXT BEFORE THE DATA-FIELD LINE!

In an old format .cup file this has to be the first line:

name,code,country,lat,lon,elev,style,rwdir,rwlen,freq,desc

and in a new format .cup file:

name,code,country,lat,lon,elev,style,rwdir,rwlen,rwwidth,freq,desc,userdata,pics

Please download and try my (old format) .cup file from the Netherlands:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9o60ggj0a21u7xk/NL-WPT_180620_OF.cup?dl=0

I am very curious about the result.....

Edited by - BravoLima on 18/10/2020 14:10:42
Go to Top of Page

Alf
Aquilotto

Italy
210 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2020 :  16:48:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For Dave:
No, waypoints did not appear on Nav-waypoint lookout. Now they do. See below:

For Bravolima:
I was using the old format.
Now I removed the initial additional text and the waypoints appeared. So for some reason on LK stable version (and I believe on early beta too) that additional text was not a problem, but on newer beta versions it has to be removed.
By the way, also your Netherlands modified file works.
Thank you!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.13 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy