PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
PF Home | International_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 BUG reporting and solved list
 Airspeed and head wind bug (DONE)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

danielvelez
Falchetto

Colombia
131 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2020 :  04:46:52  Show Profile  Visit danielvelez's Homepage  Click to see danielvelez's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hello there.

As per AlphaLima suggested, Im reporting a possible bug on newer beta versions of LK.

First a video illustrating bug can be found here:

https://youtu.be/HHwT_-q5-GQ

The explanation:

On the left side i have a Samsung S7 running latest beta from the play store (7.1j, 30 Jan 2020), getting airspeed readings from "altair racing pod".

On the right side I have a Hisense A2 Pro on the LCD side (the back side of the phone is e-ink but it looks nicer on this test on the color lcd side) running a custom 7.1f beta weekrollover (DEC 4 2019).

When blowing throught the airspeed pitot tube, I get strange "head wind" calculations on the newest beta that but correct wind calculations on the oldest beta.

Problem can be replicated as simple as installing / uninstalling version 7.1f or newest playstore version.

It happened since version h if i recall, but the important thing is that its version dependant. 7.1f works, 7.1j does not. So something must have changed (maybe a floating point, maybe compiled with "wrong" language on the computer that process
"." instead of "," as floating point).

Its not related to the brand of the phone, but maybe to the lk8ex1 protocol that reads the external speed probe.

Edited by AlphaLima:
Moved to BugReport section
NMEA Logs:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/11uirddtycteqba/Archive.zip?dl=0

Edited by - AlphaLima on 03/03/2020 14:00:58

danielvelez
Falchetto

Colombia
131 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2020 :  12:57:16  Show Profile  Visit danielvelez's Homepage  Click to see danielvelez's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ok. Following up on this issue, with some first hand help from Bruno, we narrowed the bug.
Headwind is just a math operation between TAS and GS.
Im getting good IAS readings from the external source.
But if I choose to display IAS and TAS, I get the error on TAS (---kph) while i get the good IAS measuring.

So somehow between versions the TAS calculations got corrupted.

Im also getting good baro altitude readings so its not an IAS or Baro issue but more of an internal computational error between IAS and TAS.

Cross my fingers that it will be shorted out this way.
Go to Top of Page

danielvelez
Falchetto

Colombia
131 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2020 :  04:06:48  Show Profile  Visit danielvelez's Homepage  Click to see danielvelez's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
fixed on newer version k
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Suggerimenti dello staff:

Note legali (italiano):
Privacy Policy Cookie Policy
Legal notice (english):
Privacy Policy Cookie Policy

PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - P.I. 05264240960