PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
PF Home | International_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 General Support
 General questions on racing, race preparation & XC
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Slople
Pulcino

7 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2019 :  13:16:06  Show Profile  Visit Slople's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey :-)

winter is coming, so I'm thinking about what software to use next year. I do racing and XC with my paraglider and want to use the same setup everytime to better get used to it.

So, I tried LK8000 and have some questions. It would be awesome if even some of them could be answered:

1. is there any way to connect a Kobo to a Mac (OSX), run some flight sim (which) and use its NMEA-stream and get to know LK8000 better like this?
2. why does it show every file twice, once with ._ and once without?
3. if I added a waypoint as goal by accident, can I change that without removing it?
4. is there another way to connect to Mac/PC via USB apart from going to Nickel?
5. one more broad / general question: When racing a task, all calculations on when I can reach the next turnpoint are based on my expected L/D, current height and height of turnpoint. But what is the turnpoint-height? I mean: We here in Switzerland have turnpoints in terrains with really big elevation changes, so depending on where (X/Y) I reach a turnpoint, I need a totally different height. How is this generally handled? Is this calculation based only on the height given in the waypoints-file? If so, the calculation would be basically useless, or am I missing something?
6. What does the button „free flight“ do? Is it to switch to non-planned XC?
7. Does FAI-triangle-optimizer work also without a planned task?

Thank you so much!
Raphael

brunotl
Aquila imperiale

France
634 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2019 :  18:01:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1 : you can look around gpsfeed+ : https://sourceforge.net/projects/gpsfeed/
2 : explaned here : https://www.cnet.com/news/invisible-files-with-prefix-are-created-on-some-shared-volumes-and-external-disks/
3 : yes, by editing or clearing Task
4 : not without hacking kobo startup script
5 : altitude of "turnpoint center" is altitude defined int wypoint files, altitude of optimized point id calculated using terrain data
6 : se to force end of towing or winching in glider mode : useless for paragliders
7 : yes, of course ...
Go to Top of Page

Slople
Pulcino

7 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2019 :  08:12:14  Show Profile  Visit Slople's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you so much, Bruno!
I'll try it on some shorter flights now in fall. Still looking for the best settings to use it on a Kobo...
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Suggerimenti dello staff:

Note legali (italiano):
Privacy Policy Cookie Policy
Legal notice (english):
Privacy Policy Cookie Policy

PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - P.I. 05264240960