PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 International forum
 Welcome to our friends from outside Italy!
 Vario sound
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hamedhm
New Entry

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2016 :  11:48:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have installed LK8000 5 on my pocket PC win6. It works well but the Vario sound is not working. I want the happy and sad sound for variometer. How can I activate that please?

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2016 :  15:37:54  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry, no vario sound in LK. We might add it in the future, maybe . Thing to discuss for 2017.
Go to Top of Page

hamedhm
New Entry

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2016 :  15:42:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do not think it is more than writing a couple of lines. It is so cool, please add it!
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2016 :  23:37:28  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It is cool but useless for most of the users.
People connecting a real vario already have sounds. People using lk vario derived by gps altitude differences are seen 2 seconds late and inaccurate measures.
Adding sounds requires to create the sounds and buttons and configurations. Depending on the results you want to achieve everything can be done in 5 minutes or in 5 weeks.
But my main objection is about latency and generally the inaccurate measures compared to even a basic low cost vario.
Maybe for an average 30s vario it could work. Again lots of testing and configuring.
Useless for most people..
Go to Top of Page

Gary Thomas Wirdnam
Pulcino

Italy
12 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2019 :  16:44:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
More phones have barometers now, and brighter screens, it could be a really nice 'all-in-one' solution. I will test a Xiaomi Mi8 in the spring, I'm hoping it will be as good as the reviews of the screen suggest. If it could also produce vario sound it would be a perfect backup instrument in case of failure of the main vario (I had this happen).
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy