PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Hardware
 Help with compiling LK8000 to PC Version
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JBlyth
Aquilotto

Australia
229 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2022 :  08:29:29  Show Profile  Visit JBlyth's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have been trying to overcome my LK8000 control issues in Virtual Reality while flying Condor. What I wish to do is to modify one of the Keyboard "devices" available in LK to suit my purposes and then to compile the changes.

Needless to say, my experience in this is zero, although I have managed to add Linux to my Windows 11 PC through WSL2 and install Ubuntu plus the required files from the LK Wiki.

I have run from the command-line make LK8000-PC all while in the LK8000-master directory, expecting to compile a PC version, but what I have got in the original directory is all the original files, plus two new files:-
4897768 Sep 15 14:06 LK8000-LINUX
and
64810968 Sep 15 14:06 LK8000-LINUX-ns

I am at a loss on how to go forward from here. Any help is appreciated...

Many thanks
John in Sunny Carnarvon - Western Australia

Edited by - JBlyth on 15/09/2022 08:30:52

brunotl
Pterodattilo

France
1096 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2022 :  09:09:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
to build PC version, use : make TARGET=PC
Go to Top of Page

JBlyth
Aquilotto

Australia
229 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2022 :  10:29:53  Show Profile  Visit JBlyth's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Brunoti,

I had missed a vital part of the Linux installation process - If you haven't done so, Install-GeographicLib--(v6.1-and-later), and I had failed to notice the error message telling me that when I had used the make TARGET=PC command previously.

I now have a lovely LK8000-PC.exe file made, and I can now experiment a little with my VR keyboard desires by editing the MapWndProc.cpp and recompiling. (if I'm not barking up the wrong tree again ;-).

In my Test installation directory, I got an error message about no LK8000 directory when I first ran the .exe, but it seemed to work ok once I copied the _SYSTEM and _LANGUAGE folders across from my main LK folder - which makes sense. The other folders were automatically created. I'm learning.....

What does the LK8000-PC-ns.exe file do?

Cheers
John
Go to Top of Page

brunotl
Pterodattilo

France
1096 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2022 :  18:40:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"_ns" suffix is for "non stripped" binary aka "with debug info"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy