PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 BUG reporting and solved list
 Barometric Altitude Offset
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

iltis42
New Entry

Germany
2 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2021 :  17:37:00  Show Profile  Visit iltis42's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dear developers,
i am sending Cambridge 302 format data to LK8000, there is field <5> (true altitude in meters +1000), e.g. 1190, and field <6> the QHN information e.g. 1013.

The device sending this (XCVario), shows an altitude of 190 m, and in the CAI 302 protocol field <5> i see the the value "1190" what fits for me according to the description.

LK8000 then display's 190 m for barometric, except if i connect my FLARM that comes as a second device with another baro sensor.
Once this is connected, there is some offset in the barometric altitude LK8000 displays. I see then a difference of several meters, usually 7-8 meters. Independent of the QNH i enter, the altitude changes of course, but the offset remains constant.

The same works flawless using XCSoar, there the altitude displayed is exactly as delivered in the protocol.
Geoid-Altitude feature i have disabled in LK8000, and i have tried also to twist devices means configure first XCVario/CAI302 in device B, and then on device C FLARM.

My expectation was that in case of presence of an altitude from device B (first in alphabet is take first), device C got ignored. According to my observation apparently this is not the case.
So my questions here:
Is this expectation device B comes before D right?
What could be the cause of this observation?
How can we further debug this?

Thanks in advance, Eckhard

brunotl
Pterodattilo

France
1097 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2021 :  17:52:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if baro altitude comming from flarm device is available it is used first...
Go to Top of Page

iltis42
New Entry

Germany
2 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2021 :  22:39:31  Show Profile  Visit iltis42's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Okay, then this is the problem. I thought there is some way to use a dedicated baro source, e.g. by the order of devices, afaik XCSoar does like this.
Any option to address as a future feature for LK8000?
Actually we end up with two slightly different altitudes in one cockpit, as future feature this could make sense. What do you mean?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.13 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy