PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 BUG reporting and solved list
 LKMaps not working with Android 10+
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

parapenT1sta
Pterodattilo

Portugal
1864 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2021 :  03:08:50  Show Profile  Visit parapenT1sta's Homepage  Click to see parapenT1sta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Since Google changed the policy, the downloaded files need to be copy to Internal shared storage\Android\data\org.lk8000.test\files\_Maps, for example, instead of Internal shared storage\LK8000\_Maps.

Alf
Aquilotto

Italy
210 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2022 :  08:54:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I confirm that it is still like that. LKMaps Android App creates a LK8000 directory under the device root and copies the requested files in it, where they used to be in the old Android versions. So LK8000 does not recognize them until you manually move them to the new Android folder mentioned above.
Go to Top of Page

brunotl
Pterodattilo

France
1090 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2022 :  09:36:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
right, and that will not change, because i don't think Google accept to change there policy back...
Go to Top of Page

Alf
Aquilotto

Italy
210 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2022 :  12:16:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You all probably had this same problem: since Android changed policy on LK folders, if we look at \Android\data\org.lk8000.test\files\ from our Android device, we see nothing, because it appears to be empty, so we can't, for example, have direct access to our igc file after a flight, or copy new maps or waypoints files into our LK directories, until we are home and connect our device to a PC. So I tried a free app called "X-Plore", on the Google Store. Besides being (in my opinion) much better than my Samsung pre-installed file browsing app, it shows you all the contents of LK folders, and allows you to copy/cancel/modify all you need.
Go to Top of Page

brunotl
Pterodattilo

France
1090 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2022 :  16:28:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
from "files" stock android app ( native android file explorer), you can access all lk8000 files, you just need to choose LK8000 in document provider list ( at the same place you can choose SDCard, internal Storage or cloud provider ... )

it's same for all apps you use...

files can be hidden on some android version, but always exist in all device, it's the app you see when you try to open document from any app...

Edited by - brunotl on 25/01/2022 17:12:10
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy