PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Change requests and new features list
 LK8000 goes to next level !!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pierfax
Pterodattilo

Italy
1030 Posts

Posted - 14/12/2020 :  14:06:01  Show Profile  Visit pierfax's Homepage  Reply with Quote
First of all, thanks to those who are dedicated to the development of this fantastic program, which ,definitely without any doubt has simplified our life in flight and added safety !!!
Given the latest updates and customizations of the latest version and the possibility of using more and more powerful android devices, Let me propose 2 changes that I consider ESSENTIAL:

1. To give the possibility to have, as label, the parameter’s name close to each OVERLAY. Not flying every day it is difficult to remember the settings we have decided to put on the screen. As an example, it would be unsafe to mistake the MacCready and the Equivalent MacCready values (I personally had this experience, almost finished in an outlanding).

2. At least for the Android devices, I see the potential to have: Pictures associated to Airports, Landeables and so on (as in the .cupx format); Audio, letting Android to read the Airports/Landeable’s Notes.

This changes would bring LK8000 to the “next level” and open up multiple possibilities to better configure outlanding safety.

Pier Fassina

pierfax
Pterodattilo

Italy
1030 Posts

Posted - 14/12/2020 :  14:13:58  Show Profile  Visit pierfax's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't remember how to add some picture for example :-(

Pier Fassina
Go to Top of Page

Alebu
Falchetto

Italy
105 Posts

Posted - 14/12/2020 :  14:48:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
About the subject at point 1. I can say I had the same need more then one time.

Subject 2. really seems to be one step ahead!!!
Go to Top of Page

brunotl
Pterodattilo

France
1097 Posts

Posted - 15/12/2020 :  11:33:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pierfax

1. To give the possibility to have, as label, the parameter’s name close to each OVERLAY. Not flying every day it is difficult to remember the settings we have decided to put on the screen. As an example, it would be unsafe to mistake the MacCready and the Equivalent MacCready values (I personally had this experience, almost finished in an outlanding)

i don't understand how mistake the MacCready is possible !

this is screenshot of Thermal/Final/Equiv/Manual MC, look clear...

Go to Top of Page

Alebu
Falchetto

Italy
105 Posts

Posted - 15/12/2020 :  13:00:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This make evident that Labels are not sufficient to avoid ALL mistakes, but they could help in many, many cases.
Go to Top of Page

pierfax
Pterodattilo

Italy
1030 Posts

Posted - 15/12/2020 :  17:01:49  Show Profile  Visit pierfax's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Point 1 :the focus of the speech is that if there are 50 customization possibilities, a label must be made, otherwise, they are useless!

Point 2: integrate photos and audio in LK8000 it's a real step on for safety !

Pier Fassina
Go to Top of Page

AlphaLima

Germany
1978 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2020 :  15:15:07  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
is that what you think about for Point1?
https://github.com/LK8000/LK8000/pull/1514
Go to Top of Page

pierfax
Pterodattilo

Italy
1030 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2020 :  11:47:32  Show Profile  Visit pierfax's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think it's perfect !!!!

it would be nice to also have point 2 for the photo and audio speech integrated with the outstanding
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZzLOWmr1_pvMfS3Ctw_-RIhswdYJyfRy/view?usp=sharing

thanks for your great work, I hope to see soon point 1 on next update of lk8000.

Pier

quote:
Originally posted by AlphaLima

is that what you think about for Point1?
https://github.com/LK8000/LK8000/pull/1514

Pier Fassina

Edited by - pierfax on 19/12/2020 12:07:21
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.57 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy