PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 General Support
 LK and Flarm
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

davesalmon
Pterodattilo

United Kingdom
1620 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2020 :  19:04:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My setup is Swiss Flarm connected to a Soartronic BT module, which then sends data to my Nokia 8. For Device A I use Generic (because the Nokia 8 is not mentioned) and BT:Soartronic.I also use Generic for Device model.
I always assumed from years ago that a Flarm data feed took priority, but Device B Internal seems to take over until I do a Com Port reset. The Flarm data is then used.
This seems to be a fairly recent problem, should I use Flarm instead of Generic?

AlphaLima

Germany
1978 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2020 :  11:37:47  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dave,
the priority is Device A: over B: over C: ...
Generic or FLARM driver have no difference except that the FLARM driver has a "download IGC File" function.
Go to Top of Page

davesalmon
Pterodattilo

United Kingdom
1620 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2020 :  12:28:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That priority has always been my understanding Ulli, yet for some reason it didn't happen. Once I did the ComPort reset it was fine. I'll see what happens next time, though when that will be with the terrible flying weather we are getting I don't know.
Go to Top of Page

davesalmon
Pterodattilo

United Kingdom
1620 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2020 :  20:32:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I flew today, yet again I had to reset the com ports in flight before LK started to use Flarm data via the Soartronic BT module.
Go to Top of Page

brunotl
Pterodattilo

France
1090 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2020 :  22:15:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if you start LK before Bt module, it can't connect to flarm, still device B have valid fix, it don't restart comme port automaticaly...

it like that from always...
Go to Top of Page

davesalmon
Pterodattilo

United Kingdom
1620 Posts

Posted - 21/08/2020 :  09:22:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK that could be the reason, because Flarm does take far longer to start up than LK, and internal gps does find location quite quickly.. However it wasn't happening when I first used this setup, only started doing it recently.
Surely in flight, if Device A (Flarm) is lost, and LK falls back to Device B (Internal), when Flarm is found again, even though Internal has valid fix, LK automatically falls back to Device A again due to Flarm priority. This doesn't seem to be any different to initial startup with Device B.
Go to Top of Page

brunotl
Pterodattilo

France
1090 Posts

Posted - 21/08/2020 :  16:54:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the real question is why flarm is lost ?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy