PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Developers
 Add infobox Target arrival altitude (QNH)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mana
Pulcino

33 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2020 :  19:59:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm trying to display the QNH arrival altitude of the target selected in the Multitarget (the Right Bottom Overlay displays the target altitude above the safety height but I also want QNH). After trying all infobox settings and looking in all the manuals for “arrival altitude” and QNH, I did not find a way to display in an infobox the Target QNH arrival altitude.

Is there an infobox I missed?

I may try to add an infobox in the code, do you have high level recommendations on how to do that? I assume the code would be in LKProcess.cpp, but I'm not sure where to declare a new index for the extra infobox.

Last, what is the infobox name of the Right Bottom default value? (it is not NxtArr)

brunotl
Pterodattilo

France
1090 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2020 :  12:34:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
- arrival is altitude QNE altitude.
- default Right-Bottom default is "LK_NEXT_ALTDIFF" ( "Next Alt.Arrival" / "NxtArr" )

Edited by - brunotl on 18/05/2020 12:34:32
Go to Top of Page

mana
Pulcino

33 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2020 :  18:53:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Merci Bruno. I had tried to add "Next Alt.Arrival" / "NxtArr" in an infobox, and it matches the Right-Bottom overlay *if* the Multitarget is set to Task. If I move Multitarget to anything else e.g. Alternate 1, then the infobox NxtArr continues to give the arrival altitude of the next Task waypoint, not of Alternate 1. I can keep looking in the code, but if there is another Infobox used for the Overlay, I could use that one as a basis to modify the code to add the altitude of the selected waypoint to the arrival altitude in order to display the QNH. Incidentally it is the behaviour of the xcsoar "Next Altitude Arrival" that points to what is defined as target/GOTO, which I find more natural than limiting Next Alt Arrival to next task waypoint only. (same applies to the other "Next": Next Alt.Required, Next Arrival Time etc).

This leads to a new inquiry, probably better suited for the "Change Request" subforum, I would suggest to change the behavior of the Next infoboxes to match the Multitarget - should I make a new post there?

BTW, the Multitarget feature is awesome!
Go to Top of Page

brunotl
Pterodattilo

France
1090 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2020 :  22:56:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"multitarget" alt arrival is in overlay, you want to display the value twice ?

right, default overlay data like "Target Distance" and "Target Alt Arrival" is not avialable for user defined field ( only "Target Req.E" is available ).

could be added...
to find the related code look arround "OvertargetMode" in "LKProcess.cpp" and "LKDrawLook8000.cpp"

Go to Top of Page

mana
Pulcino

33 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2020 :  23:20:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Super, thank you very much for the pointers. I want to keep the overlay value as it is on Right-Bottom and add an infobox with the same value, but QNH (vs. arrival above safety of the overlay).
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy