PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Hardware
 LX Navigation ERA EOS LX10k and LK8000
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

falchettogiallo
Pulcino

Italy
41 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2019 :  13:44:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello!
I just bought a brand new ERA80 vario/computer.
I managed to send vario data to LK8000 via blutooth, but I dont understand how to send information from LK to ERA:

- is it possible to set up a waypoint (typically an alternate landing) and have it automatically set as TP on the ERA?

- is it possible to define a task in LK and transfer it on the ERA?

Are there any requirements to enable these kind of functionalities? For example: do I have to enable te very same waypoint file (CUP) on both devices?

Edited by - AlphaLima on 07/11/2020 20:03:53

AlphaLima

Germany
1978 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2019 :  14:31:16  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We don't know, because there is no documentation from LX Navigation available.
All we have is written on page 43:
http://lxnavigation.com/downloads/manuals/Eos/LX-Era-0.9H-user-manual.pdf
These does not allow more features than what you already found using the LX16xx driver.

I contacted LX Navigation a year ago for additional informations and parameters and they were pretty much interested but they never responded again.
Even if I have a documentation, I need a device for testing and support. So I'm afraid it will never be supported.
If the ERA would have another driver compatible command set (e.g. LX-Nav) it would be supported without any change.

Edited by - AlphaLima on 03/10/2019 14:36:07
Go to Top of Page

falchettogiallo
Pulcino

Italy
41 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2019 :  11:16:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for your reply, AlphaLima.
Anyway, as far as I know, in LK there is only one method to send data regarding a route: this is TASK DECLARING.
Is there a way to send a single Waypoint Fly To ?
Go to Top of Page

AlphaLima

Germany
1978 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2019 :  13:40:38  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
https://www.postfrontal.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7940&SearchTerms=GPRMB
Go to Top of Page

falchettogiallo
Pulcino

Italy
41 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2020 :  10:04:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alphalima, I asked LX Navigation Italy to provide you with a ERA unit for a quick driver development. At the moment I'm really disappointed as they sold me this device as if it was already capable of bi-directional integration with LK8000. The reality is completely different: impossible to declare a task, impossible to have ERA to receive the FLY TO a single waypoint (and vice versa)...
In addition, I must say there are a lot of other bugs.. Since october they asked me to test 6 firmware updates and every time there are new issues... I'm really pissed off...
Go to Top of Page

brunotl
Pterodattilo

France
1090 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2020 :  14:42:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by falchettogiallo

Alphalima, I asked LX Navigation Italy to provide you with a ERA unit for a quick driver development. At the moment I'm really disappointed as they sold me this device as if it was already capable of bi-directional integration with LK8000. The reality is completely different: impossible to declare a task, impossible to have ERA to receive the FLY TO a single waypoint (and vice versa)...
In addition, I must say there are a lot of other bugs.. Since october they asked me to test 6 firmware updates and every time there are new issues... I'm really pissed off...

we received a message from them this weekend, it seems that we will be able to advance on this subject ...
Go to Top of Page

falchettogiallo
Pulcino

Italy
41 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2020 :  16:53:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by brunotl

we received a message from them this weekend, it seems that we will be able to advance on this subject ...

If ERA will not receive LK8000 task declaration or simple FLY-TO decisions, in order to provide guidance on its display, I will try to switch to LX NAV...

LX Navigation devices are not open projects... They are supposed to work not by chance... I'm finding bugs everyday... :(
Go to Top of Page

falchettogiallo
Pulcino

Italy
41 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2020 :  05:51:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by brunotl

Do you have any news? LX Navigation ITALIAN DEALERS appear to be real SMOKE SELLERS...
Go to Top of Page

AlphaLima

Germany
1978 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2020 :  17:29:58  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No, nothing new!
Go to Top of Page

AlphaLima

Germany
1978 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2020 :  00:41:43  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Update:
meanwhile LX Navigation sent me a device for driver implementation.
First Version ready for testing.
Go to Top of Page

falchettogiallo
Pulcino

Italy
41 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2020 :  10:41:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad I contribute to make this happen...
In the meanwhile I decide to switch to LX NAV S100 that is already perfectly working together with LK8000
Go to Top of Page

AlphaLima

Germany
1978 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2020 :  09:15:51  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
LX Navigation driver released as Beta version.
https://github.com/LK8000/LK8000/releases/tag/7.1r

What is supported:
MC, BAL, BUG, QNH, bi-directional exchange
Baro Altitude, Vario,OAT, IAS, Wind, Polar, AHRS, G-Force, Target read from LX (also GPRMB possible)
Radio Support
Task declaration (incl. sector types and AATs)
Logbook read and IGC file download

You need the latest firmware from LXnavigation (V1.6x or newer)
regards
Ulli

Edited by - AlphaLima on 07/11/2020 19:59:49
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy