PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 General Support
 LK8000 quite slow
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

billuart
Pulcino

Belgium
6 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2019 :  18:17:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I'm using LK8000 on a 'GliderGuider' device (here after a link to the characteristics of the device : http://www.gliderguider.net/documents/GliderGuider_User_Guide_Oct_2012.pdf) and I have noted that when I use a large airspace file or when I activate the landform option, LK8000 begins to respond very slowly when I touch the screen to zoom in or zoom out or when I select an airspace area. For the device, I have selected the DEFAULT_DEVICE option in the Profile page because I was not finding the GliderGuider in the list. LK8000 executable and files are present on a 'Micro SD HC 4Gb CO4G Taiwan Kingston'.

When I start LK8000 and I go to profile, it is written 'free ram 56M storage 1124M' and when I select 'Fly', it written 'Free RAM 48.1M' after the loading of files. I have thus the feeling that, even if the files to load are large, they have been completely loaded in RAM and it remains even space, so the OS is not swapping and the problem therefore doesn't come from an 'insufficient RAM space' or from the SD card.

Do you know if it would be a way to speed up the running of LK8000 on my device or is the processor is simply too old ?

PS : I have the version 7.0 of LK8000 and the OS is Windows Mobile 6.1.

Thanks a lot for the help :)

Philippe

AlphaLima

Germany
1978 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2019 :  20:03:08  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
since version 7.1 you can limit the used airspaces and waypoints to the loaded map size.

Config2/3->LK8000 Setup -> Config Page1 ->Outside Terrain
set it to "exclude Waypoints & Airspaces"

this will drastically reduce the unneeded data outside the terrain and speedup slower systems.

see also page 6 in the V7.1a manual addendum:
https://www.lk8000.it/manual/LK8000_71.pdf

some other hints to speed up:
-use small maps fitting your flying region only
-if you can't find a smaller map, eventually make your own map
-don't use HiRes maps
-Set airspaces display to "all below" or "auto"
-disable FAI sectors/optimizer
-draw airspaces as "outline"
-if not needed, don't display terrain or map
-use the waypoints really needed only (eventually remove moutains, hotspots, NAV points, doubles, ...)

Edited by - AlphaLima on 10/07/2019 20:52:07
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy