PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 General Support
 No polars in Android distribution?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

obetz
Falchetto

131 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2019 :  08:06:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

after installing LK8000 7.0 and 7.1 beta on a new Android phone, I found no polars.

Is this by intention?

Oliver

obetz
Falchetto

131 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2019 :  11:10:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another observation: On my old Android phone where I tested LK8000 March 2017, the file names had spaces instead of underscores.
Go to Top of Page

davesalmon
Pterodattilo

United Kingdom
1620 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2019 :  17:51:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Perhaps another download might help. I've used 7.0, and now 7.1c, and there is definitely a Polar directory with all the usual polars in it. The second problem, just a guess, but might be something to do with the Language file, so again a new download might help.
Go to Top of Page

obetz
Falchetto

131 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2019 :  19:47:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
in the mean I found that the standard polars are available, IOW they are offered in the dialog and I can use them.

They are just not in /storage/emulated/0/LK8000/_Polars (didn't find them elsewhere).

If I store an own polar file in LK8000/_Polars, it's offered also.

I didn't check the precendence, IOW if I store a polar file with the same name as an existing one.

And the contained polars are with underscores again, not with blanks as the Android version from two years ago had.

So everything seems to work, but it might be a good idea to add some documentation about this behavior.
Go to Top of Page

brunotl
Pterodattilo

France
1095 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2019 :  11:06:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by obetz

in the mean I found that the standard polars are available, IOW they are offered in the dialog and I can use them.

They are just not in /storage/emulated/0/LK8000/_Polars (didn't find them elsewhere).

If I store an own polar file in LK8000/_Polars, it's offered also.

right

quote:

I didn't check the precendence, IOW if I store a polar file with the same name as an existing one.

user files always override standard files, that true for polars and languages, carrefull with software update, ( only system default files will be updated )

quote:

And the contained polars are with underscores again, not with blanks as the Android version from two years ago had.

any spaces (and some other special char) was removed on 03/02/2015, so no distrib made by dev team contains polar with spaces until v5.3a2.

quote:

So everything seems to work, but it might be a good idea to add some documentation about this behavior.

right, we need volunteer for that, if you want participate it's welcome.
Go to Top of Page

obetz
Falchetto

131 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2019 :  21:18:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks for the information. Changed all my settings to the underscore naming and deleted most polars, keeping just my specific ones.

About participating in documentation: Is there any planning how to do this? Shall I contact you privately or open a new thread e.g. in developers?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.13 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy