PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Development Updates
 Beta 7.1a is available for download!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

brunotl
Pterodattilo

France
1090 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2019 :  16:00:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LK8000 7.1a Beta is now available for download!

This is a testing version that, on Android devices, can coexist with stable 7.0. This version, on Android, use a different configuration folder than the stable one ( _Configuration_beta ).
First time you run it, if version 7.0 stable is detected, the configuration is initialized with it.

What’s new : For complete documentation of new features have a look at : https://www.lk8000.it/manual/LK8000_71.pdf

Download :

Android : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.lk8000.test

All other platform : https://github.com/LK8000/LK8000/releases/tag/7.1a

Edited by - brunotl on 06/03/2019 16:00:57

davesalmon
Pterodattilo

United Kingdom
1620 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2019 :  20:53:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, not looked at it yet, but read through the new features, and that looks like a massive amount of work has gone into 7.1.
Well done and thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Aleksandar
Falchetto

Yugoslavia
167 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2019 :  10:48:00  Show Profile  Visit Aleksandar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Excellent :)
Some small info about KoboMini and BlueFly vario
After I am upgrading from version 7 everything is going very well and when I am the first time run It starts ok, and after go to the fly option I am getting the white screen :( After hard reset everything is OK.
At the Sunday I will try on the flight :)

Cheers

Best regards,
Aleksandar Cirkovic
Go to Top of Page

davesalmon
Pterodattilo

United Kingdom
1620 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2019 :  11:09:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Installed on my PC and everything is there. However when installed on my V2 PNA, a few things are missing in System Setup.
P1 No titles in the Waypoint Files and Airspace Files boxes,
No title Outside terrain
P3 No title Draw FAI Assistant, and Draw XC Triangle
P12 No title Map symbols
P22 No title Contest
All of them are new items that work and allow selection, just doesn't tell you what they are.

Go to Top of Page

AlphaLima

Germany
1978 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2019 :  11:35:40  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dave,
the language files are missing! Did you copy the _language folder as well?
Go to Top of Page

davesalmon
Pterodattilo

United Kingdom
1620 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2019 :  12:00:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Ulli that did it. I have never been in the habit of copying the language files, never needed to. This does raise a point though. Years ago when LK8000 was changing fast, I remember one year we nearly ran out of letters of the alphabet to call the updates, it was very straightforward to go to the next one. Can't remember the process exactly, usually I think, just download an update file and copy it in to the previous version. However for the last few years, it seems to have got more complicated, especially if you don't want to start from scratch and copy in all the maps, airspace, re-configure etc etc. It is not clear what you have to do, even to someone who has used LK8000, almost from the start.
Go to Top of Page

AlphaLima

Germany
1978 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2019 :  14:56:20  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No it was always like this, in the update versions the _language folder was also included. But quite often there was no (or minimal) change in the language tokens. So even if you did not copy it, there was only 1 or 2 tokens missing, so you might not have noticed. As you already recognized this time it is a massiv change with a lot of changes in the language files as well.
Go to Top of Page

davesalmon
Pterodattilo

United Kingdom
1620 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2019 :  20:56:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can I ask about the new Flarm IGC file readout. My Flarm is connected to my SN10, which is connected to my V2 running LK8000.So my SN10 passes the Flarm sentences plus additional information to LK8000. Device A uses the SN10 driver set at19200. Device B is the fallback Internal.
How is this different from the igc file that LK8000 already logs, using the Flarm data? I assume it is downloading the igc file, not the NMEA file?
Go to Top of Page

AlphaLima

Germany
1978 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2019 :  21:54:01  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
FLARM IGC files contain encrypted traffic data. This data can only be decrypted by the company FLARM and used to search for e.g. Missing aircraft are used.

If your FLARM is an IGC certified (possibly with ENL) logger, the FLARM IGC file is validated. This is not the case with IGC files from the SN10 or LK8000.
Go to Top of Page

davesalmon
Pterodattilo

United Kingdom
1620 Posts

Posted - 13/03/2019 :  10:12:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, just like using the Flarm sd card.
Go to Top of Page

AlphaLima

Germany
1978 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2019 :  07:47:34  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Right!
-some old FLARM do not have a SD Card slot
-sometimes it failed to write on the SD card
Go to Top of Page

davesalmon
Pterodattilo

United Kingdom
1620 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2019 :  11:02:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Flew with 7.1a for the first time on the Nokia 8. So two new things. Everything worked exactly as LK8000 has always done, except the snail trail. It did not show up at all during the flight, and also the thermal orbiter didn't show up. I checked every setting in Config and in Menu, changed from trail short to long to full, but no show.
However when I got home and started up in Sim it was there, was there in Replay, and is still there.I have a Runtime log. Also see my suggestion for a change to Runtime.
Go to Top of Page

brunotl
Pterodattilo

France
1090 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2019 :  14:25:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by davesalmon

Flew with 7.1a for the first time on the Nokia 8. So two new things. Everything worked exactly as LK8000 has always done, except the snail trail. It did not show up at all during the flight, and also the thermal orbiter didn't show up. I checked every setting in Config and in Menu, changed from trail short to long to full, but no show.
However when I got home and started up in Sim it was there, was there in Replay, and is still there.I have a Runtime log. Also see my suggestion for a change to Runtime.

please upgrade to "7.1b" i hope that will solve all your problems
Go to Top of Page

davesalmon
Pterodattilo

United Kingdom
1620 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2019 :  18:26:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Bruno,hope to try it tomorrow.
Go to Top of Page

rmerigan
Falchetto

Australia
177 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2019 :  13:12:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just got XCtracer mini 11 GPS just wondering if LK8000 accepts external wind from the XCtracer ?
Go to Top of Page

davesalmon
Pterodattilo

United Kingdom
1620 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2019 :  18:00:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Flew with 7.1b today, and the snail trail and thermal, orbiter were back in business.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.13 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy