PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 General Support
 How to set the trail climb/sink for e-ink display?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

aleit
Pulcino

Italy
53 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2019 :  11:10:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am using LK8000 on a Yotaphone 2 (Android phone with e-ink display).
The e-ink display has excellent sunlight visibility, but unfortunately the trail colors for climb/sink are indistinguishable.
A friend with a Kobo told me that on his version, the snail trail is drawn differently (dotted/dashed or large/small, I don't remember exactly) rather then colored, to show where it climbs.

Is it possible to use the same drawing scheme of the Kobo on Android?
Or at least to change the colors assigned to climb/sink (to try to make one light and the other dark)?

The only option I found so far is "Trail width", but it can't be set differently for climb and sink.

Thank you
Alessandro

ToninoTarsi
Falchetto

Italy
113 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2019 :  14:33:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes .. as a matter of fact at the moment we do not have a greyscale version for Android. It is in our TODO list but not before the upcoming new beta.
Tony

www.VoloLiberoMonteCucco.it

Edited by - ToninoTarsi on 22/01/2019 17:15:43
Go to Top of Page

aleit
Pulcino

Italy
53 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2019 :  09:17:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A fully grayscale version would be wonderful!
Although most of the features are already usable as it is. Maybe you could change just the trail in an interim version, using the same logic of the kobo (as an optional setting)?

Go to Top of Page

ToninoTarsi
Falchetto

Italy
113 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2019 :  10:56:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you send me your email (by PM) I have a test version I would appreciate if you can test it on your YotaPhone.
Tony

www.VoloLiberoMonteCucco.it
Go to Top of Page

aleit
Pulcino

Italy
53 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2019 :  16:22:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It looks very promising so far!
Here it is compared to the virtual PDA in Condor:

(full size here https://ibb.co/ZHpgBfd)

There is still room for improvement, like for example with a dashed or dotted track line.

I wonder how LK8000 would perform on one of the many Android e-ink tablets available nowadays, like the 7.8" Boyue Likebook Mars or the Onyx Boox Nova.
Go to Top of Page

aleit
Pulcino

Italy
53 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2019 :  18:35:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've just found in the latest beta release notes "support Onyx Boox Poke Pro and C68 eInk device". Great news!

Does this mean that I can install this on the yotaphone 2 as well?
I want to be sure before replacing the custom build Tony sent me, because it is working great (I used it in many flights this year).

From a quick look at the code I see that the variable "is_dithered" is set for Onyx devices. I guess this should be set in the code for yotaphone as well? Or is it something that can be set from some config menu in app?

I see that also the 'A2' update mode is set for Onyx, but yotaphone doesn't need that. It just needs the colors choosen from a grayscale/dithered palette that doesn't rely on colors (like in the track line in the photo I attached previously).
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy