PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Developers
 iOS is back
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

miirek
Pulcino

Czech Republic
5 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2018 :  21:15:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anything new about release?
Go to Top of Page

nferruzzi
Pulcino

13 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2018 :  17:12:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got some private reply and I'm sorry to say that unfortunately an official release on the AppStore is not going to happen any time soon, for the moment we stick with TestFlight
Go to Top of Page

AlphaLima

Germany
1978 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2018 :  17:22:27  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just to make clear why!

LK8000 is developed under GPLv3, Apples AppStore ToS (Terms of Service) do not allow to distribute GP licened Software.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/android-vs-iphone-the-gpl-question/

Quote:
"For most developers, though, if you're creating GPL software, you can sell it through the Android Market, but not through Apple's App Store. It's that simple. Now, if Apple changes their ToS, it would be a different story, but I think I'll see Adobe Flash in the Apple iPhone App Store before that happens."

For the same reason XCSoar can't be found in the AppStore and the well known VLC Player had to be removed from "Apples" AppStore!

Go to Top of Page

miirek
Pulcino

Czech Republic
5 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2018 :  21:28:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just to make it less clear. You are linking 7 years old article. Things has probably changed.

VLC is on AppStore for few years now.

VLC for Mobile od: VideoLAN https://itunes.apple.com/cz/app/vlc-for-mobile/id650377962?l=cs&mt=8
Now anyone can take source code, compile it and upload into his own device without paying.
M.
Go to Top of Page

maxb
Pulcino

25 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2018 :  21:40:26  Show Profile  Visit maxb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm testing the iOS version, which looks quite good. I know MANY pilots which have prayed a lot to have an iPAD / iPhone version. Having this version too (if possible, of course) means a lot of further success for LK8000.

Edited by - maxb on 09/10/2018 21:42:27
Go to Top of Page

AlphaLima

Germany
1978 Posts

Posted - 14/01/2019 :  20:36:54  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Beta test periode expired!!!
Go to Top of Page

nferruzzi
Pulcino

13 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2019 :  16:15:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes I'm sorry, I was sure to release the v7 earlier but I couldn't meet my own deadline for it ..
meanwhile I've bumped the version so I can fix the v7 which means:
1) getting rid of the rounded corners
2) fix crashes due to orientations change (hopefully)

is all ios related the "core" part works fine

Go to Top of Page

mikeo
New Entry

1 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2019 :  14:53:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for your work on this!

quote:
Originally posted by nferruzzi

Yes I'm sorry, I was sure to release the v7 earlier but I couldn't meet my own deadline for it ..
meanwhile I've bumped the version so I can fix the v7 which means:
1) getting rid of the rounded corners
2) fix crashes due to orientations change (hopefully)

is all ios related the "core" part works fine

Go to Top of Page

Med50
Pulcino

Italy
39 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2019 :  15:17:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
iOS release is a big missing in LK8000!
I understand all license related problems but... c’mon LOTS of pilots around the world are waiting for this!

I use kobo for flights, and iPhone will never be my primary device, but would still love a iOS version as a backup

Anyway, thanks to everyone in the team for your great work!

Edited by - Med50 on 10/02/2019 15:18:59
Go to Top of Page

cstampler
Pulcino

29 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2019 :  17:31:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nferruzzi

Thanks for all your work, very much appreciated!!! So looking forward to a release on IOS in the future!!!

Regards,

Chris.

LK8000 6.0 // Vertica 2 // Internal GT Altimeter // Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional
Go to Top of Page

cstampler
Pulcino

29 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2019 :  14:25:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey nferruzzi,

would you like to have bugs/crashes reported here in this thread or somewhere else or even directly to you?

Thanks & regards,

Chris.

LK8000 6.0 // Vertica 2 // Internal GT Altimeter // Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional
Go to Top of Page

Alf
Aquilotto

Italy
210 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2019 :  08:58:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to report what it might be a bug:
Device: iPhone 8
IOS Version: 12.3.1
LK Version: 6.1u
Behaviour: After I lock the screen with the LOCK SCREEN button the system cannot unlock it using the usual "double click on low right corner". The only way is to turn the phone off.
Go to Top of Page

parapenT1sta
Pterodattilo

Portugal
1864 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2020 :  12:53:39  Show Profile  Visit parapenT1sta's Homepage  Click to see parapenT1sta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Will Apple iOS version be updated soon to match the the 7.2 release?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.24 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy