PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Change requests and new features list
 Flexible Sector Types in Tasks (OPEN)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Olivier32
New Entry

Belgium
2 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2012 :  16:17:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Many thanks for this,

Olivier
Go to Top of Page

UncleTom
Pulcino

72 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2013 :  00:12:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Phew, three years now. May I kindly ask if there are any current thoughts regarding the glider task system?

Only Pilots know why birds are singing!
Go to Top of Page

Marco from Hangar 5
Pterodattilo

Netherlands
886 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2016 :  01:56:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok adding my two cents...

Like I already indicated in a topic in General support, Baileau is now using weird trunpoints as well, Cylinders combined with huge FAI sectors.. do not ask me why they do this as it seems pointless to me. I checked some IGC files and all just turn at the R0.5Km cylinder!:

http://www.soaringspot.com/en/international-amical-bailleau-2016/tasks/speed-race/task-6-on-2016-08-07

I tried to program above task in LK8000 tonight but could not find a way around this. I tried to use a waypoint twice, one programmed as cylinder and one as FAI Sector, but that does not work because LK8000 instantly changes all other waypoints to either being all FAI or all being cylinders, a combination is not possible. Only the start and finish can be different then the in between waypoints, you can have FAI wayponts and define a cylinder as finish.

In AAT mode it would be possible, but calculating the radii of each sector is a brain breaker! Not good when you have limited time to program and even more stressful when they come up with a B-task just minutes before the first take off.

At the other hand, if I would be participating in above competition right now, I would simply use the cylinders only.. of course in the back of my mind I would roughly know where these sectors are and if bad comes to worse, like a low and weak thermal would drift me in a position that the cylinder would make me fly backwards, maybe the sector would come in handy, zoom out and a look on the map would be enough to know if the sector has been hit and manually advance to the next waypoint.

But of course, if the possibility exists to program it into a task in LK8000, that would always be the best solution of course... I see now this has been on the list for about 6 years... is it so complicated?

Marco
BU (PH-588)
Mini Nimbus HS7, s/n 039
http://www.zweef.nl/
Zweefvliegcentrum Noordkop, NETHERLANDS
Go to Top of Page

Marco from Hangar 5
Pterodattilo

Netherlands
886 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2016 :  16:00:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, I feel a bit stupid, but in Baillaeu they seem to use the Dae 0.5/10 sector, somehow I overlooked this option in the task settings.

Marco
BU (PH-588)
Mini Nimbus HS7, s/n 039
http://www.zweef.nl/
Zweefvliegcentrum Noordkop, NETHERLANDS
Go to Top of Page

Milton
Pulcino

Brazil
10 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2020 :  03:06:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Friends, just to show de difficulties we are dealing with take a look at the Soaring Spot: https://www.soaringspot.com/en_gb/62-campeonato-brasileiro-de-voo-em-planadores-lem-2020/results
Many lovers of the LK8000 are quitting and going back the the Jurassic Se*Y** because of the geniality of our TaskSetter.... please take this into account.

Regards

Milton (From Brazil)

Milton Soares
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy