PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 General Support
 LK8000 on KOBO GLO HD Freeze on landing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ziozanna
Pulcino

Italy
18 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2023 :  23:12:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone,

I am seeking assistance from the community regarding an issue I am facing with my Kobo. Over the past couple of years, I have flown for more than 300 hours and have always upgraded my Kobo with each new release without any problems. However, it appears that after the latest Kobo upgrade or perhaps the latest LK (I'm not entirely sure), I have started encountering issues.

After every flight, upon landing, my Kobo freezes, leaving me with no option other than performing a hard reboot. I have tried everything within my knowledge to resolve the problem. I have installed a new SSD, performed both upgrades and downgrades of LK and the operating system, and restarted from scratch multiple times, but unfortunately, I haven't had any success. It seems as though something sinister has affected the core functionality of my Kobo.

The logs indicate that the issue occurs right after the landing, and then the device becomes unresponsive.

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem and could offer assistance? I recently built a custom adapter in 3D to accommodate my KOBO, as I would prefer not to use AVMAP in my new plane. I would love to continue using LK8000 with my Kobo.

Many thanks in advance
Andrea

Edited by - ziozanna on 01/06/2023 23:16:25

brunotl
Pterodattilo

France
1096 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2023 :  15:12:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it's crash on Logbook saving at landing detection or shutdown, would be fixed in next release...

Edited by - brunotl on 02/06/2023 18:25:33
Go to Top of Page

ziozanna
Pulcino

Italy
18 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2023 :  21:40:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by brunotl

it's crash on Logbook saving at landing detection or shutdown, would be fixed in next release...

Thank you very much. I'm eagerly awaiting the next release, although it seems strange that it didn't crash in the previous version, but now crashes even when downgraded to it.

In the meantime disabling autolog should prevent the crash?

Edited by - ziozanna on 05/06/2023 11:52:44
Go to Top of Page

ziozanna
Pulcino

Italy
18 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2023 :  16:24:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been able to recompile my release and make it works by excluding the writing logs routines.

It works and it not freeze anymore but no logs are written.

Anyone need it pls ask

Andrea
Go to Top of Page

brunotl
Pterodattilo

France
1096 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2023 :  11:34:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
current master branch would not crash ... !
Go to Top of Page

ziozanna
Pulcino

Italy
18 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2023 :  08:35:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Brunotl.

I confirm that KOBO does not crash on landing anymore

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.13 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy