PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 International forum
 Welcome to our friends from outside Italy!
 LK8000 Kobo ClaraHD GXair
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author  Topic Next Topic  

pierre2000
New Entry

2 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2023 :  12:07:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there,
I've successfully combined a Kobo Clara HD with a Lillygo Tbeam, running with GXair. So far, so good. Unfortunately with LK8000 it does not work as expected, whereas XC-Soar runs flawless:
LK8000 does not poweroff properly, the Kobo shuts off, while the screen still says "shutdown in progress (or similar)", also the Lillygo shuts off imediately (both share one battery), the kobo still showing the shutdown screen.
As I've installed a powerswitch, disconnecting both units completely from the battery, this switch also provides a complete hard reset. Nevertheless, when powering-up again, the kobo goes into its fallback Kobo-mode, looking for WiFi, creating user account andsoon. With another complete poweroff it gonna start in LK8000 mode again, but, nothing gets logged nor stored. Not really as supposed. Sometimes it does not even start properly, the Kobo shuts-off while loading LK8000.
Sometimes, when booting is performed completely, everything works, it does load maps and airspaces, detects FLARM, GPS gets a fix, barometric gets indicated as well.
In XCS it works as expected:
when quit the flying mode, it shows the selection screen for Nickel, poweroff etc, when selecting poweroff, the Kobo shuts-off as expected with showing the latest battery charge, everything gets logged and stored. About 20seconds later, the Lillygo shuts-off as well. Everything fine, restart works as well as it should. So, I believe I can asure, that this is not caused by HW-problem.
Anyone an idea how to get this sorted out? I'd rather use LK8000 than XCS

pierre2000
New Entry

2 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2023 :  11:54:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Went Saturday for a test-flight, installed SW is XC-Soar, latest Version. Everything, including FLARM, worked without any flaws, so hardware is nNOT the problem. It must be software related only..... Has anyone else LK8000 on a Kobo Clara HD running?
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy