PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Change requests and new features list
 Regatta Starts-Time+distance nearest part of Line
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JBlyth
Aquilotto

Australia
229 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2022 :  05:58:38  Show Profile  Visit JBlyth's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There seem to be an increasing number of Gliding Competitions, including E-Sports ones, that have a regatta start, where everyone tries to cross the line as near as possible to the start time.

It can be very difficult to judge the timing of your start, as I think LK8000 at present only gives time and distance to the Centre of the Start Line.

I understand SeeYou, as an example, does produce Time and Distance to the the nearest point of the start line based on your current course.

Is it possible for a new feature to be added to LK8000 that would provide this data? I would be happy to help if someone can point me in the right direction.

Perhaps the data could be set to be displayed only before the start of a race as a temporary overlay?

Many thanks
John in Sunny Carnarvon - Western Australia.

brunotl
Pterodattilo

France
1096 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2022 :  09:31:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
this feature already exists (you need to use beta to use it in Glider mode, because it's only available for PG/HG before)

choose "Grand Prix" as task type in start turn point property, and define time of start in "Time Gates" ...
Go to Top of Page

JBlyth
Aquilotto

Australia
229 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2022 :  05:32:40  Show Profile  Visit JBlyth's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Of course. I shall experiment. What an idiot I am....

Thanks Brunoti!
Go to Top of Page

JBlyth
Aquilotto

Australia
229 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2022 :  05:53:01  Show Profile  Visit JBlyth's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have experimented, and the countdown works perfectly, however the distance to the start line seems to be the CENTRE of the line, not the point you are flying towards on your current bearing.

Time is important, but distance is important too, as we don't all aim for the middle of the line (hopefully)....

Cheers
John
Go to Top of Page

parapenT1sta
Pterodattilo

Portugal
1864 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2022 :  09:14:58  Show Profile  Visit parapenT1sta's Homepage  Click to see parapenT1sta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JBlyth

I have experimented, and the countdown works perfectly, however the distance to the start line seems to be the CENTRE of the line, not the point you are flying towards on your current bearing.

Time is important, but distance is important too, as we don't all aim for the middle of the line (hopefully)....

Cheers
John

In Paraglider mode we have the option "Optimized Route", do you have it on?
Go to Top of Page

brunotl
Pterodattilo

France
1096 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2022 :  16:49:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JBlyth

you right, will fix that ...
Go to Top of Page

JBlyth
Aquilotto

Australia
229 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2022 :  09:59:53  Show Profile  Visit JBlyth's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks parapenT1sta, I do have optimised routes on, and it does give a optimised track to the next turn point, but not at the start line it seems.....

Cheers
John

Edited by - JBlyth on 11/10/2022 10:03:19
Go to Top of Page

JBlyth
Aquilotto

Australia
229 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2022 :  04:01:42  Show Profile  Visit JBlyth's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by brunotl

you right, will fix that ...

Thank you Brunotil, the new Beta 7.3.24 fixes the start line distance perfectly!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.13 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy