PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 General Support
 7.3.9 beta installation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alebu
Falchetto

Italy
105 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2021 :  13:19:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just installed the beta version beside the stable one, on my Android device. Is there any specific action needed to share Maps, WPs, Airspaces and profiles files working in the stable version?

Many thanks.

brunotl
Pterodattilo

France
1090 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2021 :  20:53:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
on first run files are copied from stable to beta, after that, you need to copy all file manually using android file explorer or by connecting your device to a computer...

Go to Top of Page

Alebu
Falchetto

Italy
105 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2021 :  08:46:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Bruno, thanks a lot for you quick support. I did a new installation via Play store, and a first run. Than navigated the Device's folders looking for the beta's folders, but I didn't found any dedicate folder. I'm only able to find the stable version's folder tree having the standard subfolders inside. Even succesfully saving a new aircraft configuration file (.acf) in the beta, it is unpossible to be found by the file explorer search function. It seems to make a kind of hidden folder tree (file explorer "show hidden files" option is active). Any idea on possible solutions?
Many thanks.
Go to Top of Page

BravoLima
Aquilotto

Netherlands
276 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2021 :  09:38:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Data folders location

Stable version: My files/Internal storage/LK8000

Beta version: My files/Internal storage/Android/data/org.lk8000.test/files
Go to Top of Page

Alebu
Falchetto

Italy
105 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2021 :  10:28:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great, here they are!!! It seems to be a non searcheable area, I was not aware about that. Just to let you know, even if I'm almost sure you are already aware of it, when I get there, a message appears as page header, reporting that "the contents of this folder will not be accessible anymore becouse of system restrictions in Android R." and it is suggested to remove any personal file from this folder, as soon as possible.

Thanks a lot.
Go to Top of Page

BravoLima
Aquilotto

Netherlands
276 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2021 :  11:16:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not aware of any restrictions.
I copy the data files from my laptop to a Samsung A5 (2017) smartphone by USB cable and Google Chrome browser.
No problems or strange messages.

Edited by - BravoLima on 16/09/2021 11:22:42
Go to Top of Page

brunotl
Pterodattilo

France
1090 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2021 :  15:44:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
using "File" android app, you will see "LK8000-beta" in document provider list

if "file" shorcut is not available in your device you can add it by installing "Files Shortcut (No Ads)" from Gplay ( the one made by Delta 8 studio )

Go to Top of Page

mana
Pulcino

33 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2022 :  22:40:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys, Android file management by apps seems to be an ever-evolving mess, changing with each new Android release :-(

I am trying to synchronize the LK8000 folder with my desktop with syncthing, but syncthing is not given access to Android/data, only to Android/media (nextcloud for example stores its local storafe on Android/media)

Do you know if with the DocumentsProvider method a syncing app such as syncthing can access the folder structure i.e. is there an accessible mount/shortcut to /Internal storage/Android/data/org.lk8000.test/files, or maybe another method?

Otherwise would it make sense to switch from /Android/data/ to /Android/media?
Go to Top of Page

brunotl
Pterodattilo

France
1090 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2022 :  12:50:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mana

Hi guys, Android file management by apps seems to be an ever-evolving mess, changing with each new Android release :-(

right, thanks to google ...

quote:

I am trying to synchronize the LK8000 folder with my desktop with syncthing, but syncthing is not given access to Android/data, only to Android/media (nextcloud for example stores its local storafe on Android/media)

Do you know if with the DocumentsProvider method a syncing app such as syncthing can access the folder structure i.e. is there an accessible mount/shortcut to /Internal storage/Android/data/org.lk8000.test/files, or maybe another method?

i don't know, but i think not, because the goal of this change on android is to forbid access to file from other app without asking to user...

you probably need to look for desktop app to sync device when it is connected as usb mass storage...

quote:

Otherwise would it make sense to switch from /Android/data/ to /Android/media?

media is only usable to store media content (image, video, ...)
Go to Top of Page

mzeddd
Pulcino

Russia
82 Posts

Posted - 16/02/2022 :  10:22:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why don't you make beta version in the same way as stable version and put all files on top of "Internal storage" ?
Go to Top of Page

brunotl
Pterodattilo

France
1090 Posts

Posted - 16/02/2022 :  12:39:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mzeddd

Why don't you make beta version in the same way as stable version and put all files on top of "Internal storage" ?

because it's impossible since November 2021 :

https://developer.android.com/google/play/requirements/target-sdk

https://developer.android.com/about/versions/11/privacy/storage

next stable version would store it's file in same way as current beta...

only way to change that is to ask to google to change there policy ...
Go to Top of Page

mzeddd
Pulcino

Russia
82 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2022 :  10:18:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

It means that we will have to do magic moves every time we need to upload MAPs, tasks, airspaces.

f*k!
Go to Top of Page

brunotl
Pterodattilo

France
1090 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2022 :  11:26:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mzeddd

quote:

It means that we will have to do magic moves every time we need to upload MAPs, tasks, airspaces.

f*k!

that the price of data privacy protection...
Go to Top of Page

davesalmon
Pterodattilo

United Kingdom
1620 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2022 :  11:40:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I connect my phone to my PC, click OK to using USB to transfer files. I have a shortcut on my desktop to Noika 8. When I open it I get to select internal drive or SD card. Select internal and navigate through to the LK8000 folder I want. A few more clicks than there used to be, but still quite simple once you know the folders to click, no magic.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy