PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Hardware
 XCNAV Edition21 new glidecomputer running Lk8000
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Xcnav.de
Pulcino

Germany
14 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2021 :  01:36:28  Show Profile  Visit Xcnav.de's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dear LK8000 community.

As I see the hardware section of this forum and the discussion about the best suitable hardware to run LK8000, I want to introduce you our company and upcoming glidecomputer.

We are a small startup bringing our Idea of a "border free" smart glide computer to the next level:

XCNAV EDITION21

7" and 5.7" 1000cd/mē, optically bonded, antiglare coated 5 point touch display

Android 9.0 Custom Rom > no hassle, easy system update via Google Playstore or .apk file. Runs Lk8000, XCSoar,
Tophat, SkyDemon, SeeYou Navigator, etc: Your freedom to chose whatever you like Navsolution, even runs 2 Apps in parallel with splitscreen operation. With our system on a club owned glider, every pilot can use his desired and well known system.

Input/Output:
4x RS232 on RJ45 with IGC Pinout
2xUSB

Bluetooth 4.1
Wifi
3G via Simcard

Micro SD cardreader

2nd Seat Display under development

The smart and easy plug'n'play solution for your glider!

Check out XCNav21 with XCVario and LK8000 on Youtube:
https://youtu.be/zI7bTuQdKX0

We would highly appreciate discussions and inputs here or on
our website, Facebook or Youtube.

www.xcnav.de

Youtube: https://youtube.com/channel/UC68sYa_xKQbxhBX65wROgWw[/center][/left]

Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/XCNAV.DE/

WWW.XCNAV.DE
The smart SOARlution
Android Glidecomputer
and soaring accessories

Edited by - Xcnav.de on 07/08/2021 13:21:04

falchettogiallo
Pulcino

Italy
41 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2021 :  16:06:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It looks to be sooooo cool! As a fan of LK8000 I'm planning to start with a XCVario unit (with electronic compass added) linked to the Flarm (F6) in my Ka6.
LK8000 will run in my smartphone, linked via bluetooth to the xcvario, but the XCNAV hardware will be the natural evolution!
Go to Top of Page

Xcnav.de
Pulcino

Germany
14 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2022 :  13:35:20  Show Profile  Visit Xcnav.de's Homepage  Reply with Quote
After a complete new setup we are about to assemble the first series of XCNAV Edition. A few parts still missing. Running perfect with LK8000
and XCRemote and XCVARIO
check out https://e..xcnav.de for more details.
Rgds Markus

Multi platform navigation system based on Android

RK3566 QuadCore Processor 1.8GHz 16GB ROM
7 inch PCAP transflective touchscreen (no loss of optical properties due to optical bonding of the touch digitizer)
Full connectivity via WiFi, Bluetooth 4.1, Bluetooth Low Energy, LTE modem (own SIM card is required) This means that our edition supports 100% of the APPS designed for mobile devices such as XCSoar, LK8000 etc. (WeGlide Upload, WX, Airspaces etc.)
Android 11 operating system: handling as usual from a smartphone! No cumbersome removal/conversion or connection of cables for updating. App updates simply online via the pre-installed Google Play Store. Android system updates are also made available online.
Easy operation with touchscreen and 4 buttons, no additional DIY input devices are required.
our BT stick remote control XCRemote is also available.
Compatible with Stefly and OV input devices, these can simply continue to be used.
Plug'N'Play
optimally matched to XCVario
Low power consumption (measured at 12.3V, full brightness level :)
Standalone: ~300mAh (~3.7W)
with XCRemote: ~360mAh (~4.4W)
with XcRemote and XCVario: ~520mAh (~6.4W)

Broadband, safe power supply 11-36V IN. Internally fused by 3A AutoFuse.
Inputs/Outputs:
1 x USB 3.0 OTG
3 x USB 2.0
2 x RJ45 RS232TTL IGC pinout with 12V/0.5A (Vin=Vout) power supply, internally fused, for the connection of Flarm, Vario, logger etc.
1 x HDMI for future two seater unit
1 x 3.5mm audio out
1 x MicroSD Card Reader
1 x 5V0.5A Out, internally fused, for connection our USB PowerOut remote control socket or Bluetooth stick XCREMOTE etc

XCNAV Edition has no internal sensors. These must be provided via peripheral hardware such as Flarm, Logger, Vario etc. XCNAV EDITION offers 2 x RS232 TTL level interfaces for the transmission of the NMEA data set. The hardware compatibility depends on the support of the app used and the protocol of the respective instrument. XCNAV assumes no responsibility for this.

WWW.XCNAV.DE
The smart SOARlution
Android Glidecomputer
and soaring accessories

Edited by - Xcnav.de on 07/06/2022 13:46:35
Go to Top of Page

AlphaLima

Germany
1978 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2022 :  10:14:25  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Very nice,
but why are the sticks allways formed for right hand operation only? (same for LX devices), at least there are more than 30% lefthanders in the world!
They are not handicaped but get handicaped due to facts like this!
Please make a neutral design as well.
Just my 5ct.
AL
Go to Top of Page

Marco from Hangar 5
Pterodattilo

Netherlands
886 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2022 :  15:33:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AlphaLima

Very nice,
but why are the sticks allways formed for right hand operation only? (same for LX devices), at least there are more than 30% lefthanders in the world!
They are not handicaped but get handicaped due to facts like this!
Please make a neutral design as well.
Just my 5ct.
AL

There are no Left Hand aircraft, so left handers need to learn to fly with their right hand anyways. At least here in the Netherlands instructors are very keen on learning people to fly right hand from the get go.

Marco
BU (PH-588)
Mini Nimbus HS7, s/n 039
http://www.zweef.nl/
Zweefvliegcentrum Noordkop, NETHERLANDS
Go to Top of Page

AlphaLima

Germany
1978 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2022 :  15:49:12  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm a lefthander! I use to fly with both hands altering.
Go to Top of Page

brunotl
Pterodattilo

France
1090 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2022 :  17:03:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Marco from Hangar 5

There are no Left Hand aircraft...

this is partially wrong !

Airbus aircraft use side-stick controller. In the left seat the stick is held in the left hand. In the right seat, the stick is held in the right hand.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy