PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Developers
 Help on new feature GR+ArrivalAlt next to waypoint
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mana
Pulcino

33 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2020 :  17:44:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rusty programmer here (25+ years of inactivity) :-). I modified a local copy of lk8000 to add both required GR and arrival altitude next to the waypoint names and partially succeeded but I don’t get how to modify the settings dialog text. What I did:
- added “_@M2336_ "Required GR & Arrival altitude"” to the ENG_MSG.TXT file
- added a new avGR_Altitude to ArrivalValue_t in Enums.h
- added dfe->addEnumText(MsgToken(2336)); in the relevant section of dlgConfiguration.cpp
- updated the code in LKDrawWaypoints.cpp

but it seems that ENG_MSG.TXT is the wrong place as lk8000 displays “ICAO Code” in menu 11. I then found that the strings are in en.json where “ICAO Code” uses the index 2336 that I had picked and that it has many more tokens than in ENG_MSG.TXT, however I assume that en.json is generated and not the proper file to modify as my manual changes are ignored.

A few beginner questions:
Q1) Where should I add a new dialog string?
Q2) Is there a developer manual describing the structure of the code?
Q3) What do you think of the feature, worth integrating via a PR?
Q4) Is it possible to add a picture inline on forum posts? (how)

Background motivation for the feature:
I find it safer to make my in-flight navigation decisions based on GR (eg I decide not to go further than GR 20 from the closest landable on a glider with theoretical L/D of 40), but the arrival altitude adds confidence. However arrival altitude alone doesn’t mean much when 40 km away. Today it’s one or the other on the map (the data is available in screen 2.1 but it requires manipulation) so I added an entry "Required GR & Arrival altitude" to “Landables value” on menu 11 in addition to ArrivalAltitude, EfficiencyReq and OFF. BTW the topic was considered a while ago in www.postfrontal.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4717

Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/ONc9Zz4

brunotl
Pterodattilo

France
1090 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2020 :  12:19:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Q1) "EN_MSG.TXT" was replaced by "en.json" : https://github.com/brunotl/lk8000/commit/b24e6de20a82ebf6ca5b984285c0e3209b01e037

Q2) no manual, some info can be found in github/wiki..

Q3) still it's a optional feature it can be integrated.

Q4) https://www.postfrontal.com/forum/faq.asp#format
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy