PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 General Support
 Connect to Condor2
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

davesalmon
Pterodattilo

United Kingdom
1620 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2019 :  19:02:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are detailed instructions how to connect Condor to an XCSoar device, but we don't seem able to connect LK8000.
I managed to connect using a cable to Condor 1, but this will not apparently work with Condor2 and/or Windows 10. I have managed in the past to connect via BT, but cannot reproduce it.
We want to use Condor amongst other things to teach use of airspace, so need to connect a moving map.
Can anyone explain simply how to do it. Thanks.

brunotl
Pterodattilo

France
1095 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2019 :  19:25:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
https://www.postfrontal.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8526
Go to Top of Page

Parsifal
Falchetto

Italy
167 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2019 :  22:36:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you dedicate to this training task an old Ipaq, all you need is Bluetooth connection with the PC
It works flawlessly with my Condor1 and W10

... fai delle nubi il tuo carro, cammini sulle ali del vento ... S.104,3

Edited by - Parsifal on 10/12/2019 22:39:42
Go to Top of Page

davesalmon
Pterodattilo

United Kingdom
1620 Posts

Posted - 15/12/2019 :  09:38:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bought a new BT4 dongle, and it connected my PC and Nokia 8 running 7.1f. So all OK thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Parsifal
Falchetto

Italy
167 Posts

Posted - 15/12/2019 :  18:50:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great!

... fai delle nubi il tuo carro, cammini sulle ali del vento ... S.104,3
Go to Top of Page

Robert Haugen
Pulcino

Norway
37 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2019 :  16:07:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How do you convert a flight plan (.fpl)created in condor2 to LK8000?
I get it to work with XCSoar using the CoTaCoV2 converting from .fpl to .tsk, but not from Condor2 to LK8000

Robert Haugen
Go to Top of Page

danielvelez
Falchetto

Colombia
145 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2020 :  21:53:42  Show Profile  Visit danielvelez's Homepage  Click to see danielvelez's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Robert Haugen

I get it to work with XCSoar using the CoTaCoV2 converting from .fpl to .tsk, but not from Condor2 to LK8000

Any news on this one? There seems to be an app but is not working with a "Chilean" task, (south west coords), as it translates everything with "00.0000" "00.0000"
Go to Top of Page

GenIv
Pulcino

Russia
15 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2020 :  19:38:19  Show Profile  Visit GenIv's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Robert Haugen

https://www.postfrontal.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8554

Always ready
Go to Top of Page

JBlyth
Aquilotto

Australia
229 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2020 :  03:40:40  Show Profile  Visit JBlyth's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have contacted the developer of CoTaCo and he is going to work on an upgrade for exporting Condor Tasks to LK8000 hopefully this week.

See:- http://www.condorsoaring.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=170195#p170195

Cheers
John in Sunny Carnarvon - Western Australia
Go to Top of Page

parapenT1sta
Pterodattilo

Portugal
1864 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2020 :  12:23:55  Show Profile  Visit parapenT1sta's Homepage  Click to see parapenT1sta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I am glad he is updating the software. I asked him before and he said that was working 100% with LK8000 but I wasn't able to make it to work so I quit. :-P
Go to Top of Page

JBlyth
Aquilotto

Australia
229 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2020 :  13:54:13  Show Profile  Visit JBlyth's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have had some communication with him this week on the Condor Forum, and he is making good progress I believe....
Go to Top of Page

wrogers
Pulcino

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2023 :  02:26:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by davesalmon

Bought a new BT4 dongle, and it connected my PC and Nokia 8 running 7.1f. So all OK thanks.

Dave,

Finally getting around to using my Nokia 8 and LK8000 v7.4.5 with Condor 2 for racing (Nokia 8 on Android 9). Not able to get a connection of the NMEA output to my Windows 10 PC (22H2) using an Avantree BT dongle (BTDG-40S). Using Android "Settings", I am able to pair with the Win10 BT device, but it seems to fail and disappear fairly quickly. No luck seeing this BT device within LK8000's device setup or any NMEA sentences.

Any suggestions? I notice that there are extensive instructions on using TCPIP and VSPE to connect XCSoar and LK8000. Haven't tried that yet with wifi. It just seems like using BT would be so much simpler... if it worked.

Prefer to not run the PC version of LK8000 on a side screen with Condor 2 because I want my fingers and brain to practice on the actual device I use in the cockpit.

Thanks for all your help over the years with the Nokia 8 and LK8000. May have to move to another newer Android device at some point. By the way, I can get NMEA sentences into SeeYou Navigator on the same Nokia 8 device while using NAVITER's Condor dongle set up for BLE. It works flawlessly. But, I'm not quite ready to give up my "old reliable" LK8000.... yet!

Regards,

Walter Rogers - Discus 2a WX
Palmdale, California

Walter Rogers
Palmdale, California
Discus 2a "WX"
Go to Top of Page

brunotl
Pterodattilo

France
1095 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2023 :  10:24:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
maybe this can help : https://community.element14.com/technologies/internet-of-things/b/blog/posts/standard-serial-over-bluetooth-on-windows-10
Go to Top of Page

wrogers
Pulcino

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2023 :  22:29:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by brunotl

maybe this can help : https://community.element14.com/technologies/internet-of-things/b/blog/posts/standard-serial-over-bluetooth-on-windows-10

brunotl,

This was very helpful. I'm still having problems connecting to my Nokia 8, but was successful on another smartphone, my Nokia 8.3. After using the "more options" menu and enabling com5, that now shows up in my "device manager". First time I've been able to have Condor drive with NMEA sentences from the Nokia 8.3 phone.

Reasons for my confusion: 1) Didn't realize my gaming PC motherboard had bluetooth LE device (spec on MB showed it but sale invoice did not) 2) Also have a Naviter BLE dongle with virtual driver set to com3 (that also shows up in "device manager".

I suspect the older Nokia 8 hardware blue tooth stack is "buggy" or is different than Nokia 8.3. At any rate, I can now fly Condor and view my LK8000, my old and familiar flight computer.

Thanks!

Walter Rogers
Palmdale, California
Discus 2a "WX"
Go to Top of Page

davesalmon
Pterodattilo

United Kingdom
1620 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2023 :  22:04:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just got a new mini computer running W11 Pro. Seemed reluctant at first, but my Nokia 8 has connected via BT and LK8000 runs OK connected to Condor.It wanted Port 7, and shows up as BT_SPP:DAVIDG, the last bit being the name of the computer.
Go to Top of Page

wrogers
Pulcino

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2023 :  19:16:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by davesalmon

Just got a new mini computer running W11 Pro. Seemed reluctant at first, but my Nokia 8 has connected via BT and LK8000 runs OK connected to Condor.It wanted Port 7, and shows up as BT_SPP:DAVIDG, the last bit being the name of the computer.

My earlier problems connecting to my Win 20 desktop are all resolved. Brunotl gave me the correct info. I needed to go to Windows "Settings" -> "Bluetooh & Other Devices" -> "More Bluetooth Options" then add a COM port. Device visible is identified on Android device is the Windows desktop name. Works for both my Android 8 Nokia 8 and Android 11 Nokia 8.3.

Walter Rogers
Palmdale, California
Discus 2a "WX"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.15 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy