PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 General Support
 Waypoint ID vs Description for tasks/routes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

bo.
Pterodattilo

843 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2019 :  20:10:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi AlphaLima,

If this discussion is still related to the turnpoint files I linked to previously, I would just like to point out that the conversion between formats was done with GPSDump. This may be an unknown software in the gliding community (or maybe not?), but it's pretty essential for track downloads etc in the paragliding world, as it supports pretty much every instrument relevant for paragliding. Additionally it has some file conversion functions etc.

Anyhow, if there are any problems with the Winpilot.dat files, there could be issues with GPSDump not following the winpilot protocol? But I have not looked into this.

Manually editing the files are not really a solution, but converting to .DAT with GPSDump is actually ok for those who know how to.

Now that we have learned of the WP search capabilities in LK8000, that may prove to be a reasonable way to do it too, but with nearly ten turnpoints in a task, selecting from a sorted list may be quicker, as in paragliding competitions, the tasks are defined solely by the ID (code). And when competing in unfamiliar places, the local names are not very useful anyways.

This was previously given as an example of a task, in case you missed it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/inz3ysrqyp72y3i/Screenshot_20190718-194110_Chrome.jpg?dl=0

I hope this discussion is read only as friendly questions and suggestions. At least that was the intention on my part. We are not making any demands, just trying to explain our experience in a paragliding context, and raising some suggestions, which may or may not be good ones :)

At any rate, do not let this interfere with your flying season! :)

Cheers!

Edited by - bo. on 18/07/2019 20:11:11
Go to Top of Page

AlphaLima

Germany
1978 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2019 :  22:33:11  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It all comes to the same point.
The problem is the data provided by the task setter,
if they make tasks with ID like names, they should provide waypoint files with this names as well.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy