PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 General Support
 Unable to close the AIRSPACE information box
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

evanspj
Pulcino

Australia
49 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2019 :  06:44:55  Show Profile  Visit evanspj's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

This has happened a couple of times in the 2 years I have been using LK8000 on a Samsung S5 phone.

The Airspace information box is opened (the one that allows you to FLY-IN, DISABLE or SELECT it) and I am unable to CLOSE it (part of LK8000 appears to be happily working in the background). Thus I am unable to continue to use LK8000 and have to restart it and thus the IGC file (LOGGER_TMP.IGC) does not have the correct lines at the end (all of the data points are there but the final checkline is not included).

Is there a way to CLOSE the the information box if the CLOSE button does not work?

Is there a way to force LK8000 to correctly end the IGC file if it gets hunp up in some way.

Thanks for your EXCELLENT program.
Peter Evans

PS: I had a backup recorder so was able to load the IGC to XContext and claim my 311km ppg flight.

AlphaLima

Germany
1978 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2019 :  13:08:16  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Which Version? Did you try the latest Besta 7.1b?
Go to Top of Page

brunotl
Pterodattilo

France
1090 Posts

Posted - 24/04/2019 :  11:59:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the other way to close dialog is escape key on keyboard , but you need keyboard..

untils v7.0, igc file are signed only after landing detection or "normal" shuddown.
since v7.1, igc file are always signed, according to CIVL Flight Recorder Specification.

question : how do you open this dialog when you have this problem ?

Go to Top of Page

evanspj
Pulcino

Australia
49 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2019 :  03:01:13  Show Profile  Visit evanspj's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the feedback ...

I'm using v7.0 from the Google Pay Store. How can I download v7.1?

You can get to the AIRSPACE box that I can't get out of in the following way
(M) (at bottom right of screen) > SCREEN VIEWS > PAN ON > WHATS HERE? > click one of the airspaces > SELECT

and then on my Android I am unable to close it or do anything ovver then restart my Samsung phone (CLOSE FLY-IN, DISABLE or SELECT)

Are there any emergency close gestures or screen hotspots that I can use on a smartphone if I don't have a keyboard?

Thanks in advance,
Peter Evans
Go to Top of Page

AlphaLima

Germany
1978 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2019 :  07:47:07  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.lk8000.test
I can't reproduce this problem with v7.0, which airspacefile are you using?
No we dont have emergency close gestures.
Go to Top of Page

evanspj
Pulcino

Australia
49 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2019 :  06:16:34  Show Profile  Visit evanspj's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi AlphaLima,

I'm using the airspace file from http://xcaustralia.org/download/class_all_lk8000.php

How can I download and use the v7.1 version that brunotl mentioned earlier .... I gather that in 7.1 the "igc file are always signed, according to CIVL Flight Recorder Specification."

Is there any emergency escape sequence of keys that I can use on an Android (like pressing the ESCAPE key if I had a keyboard). When the airspace disalogue is open I notice that the volume UP and DOWN will step through and highlight the buttons but the screen does not allow me to CLICK the button. Would it be possible to use a LONG PRESS of a volume change button to initiate a screen click on the highlighted button or simulate pressing ESCAPE on a keyboard?

Thanks for your assistance,
Peter Evans
Go to Top of Page

AlphaLima

Germany
1978 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2019 :  09:04:46  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
again, here is the 7.1b:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.lk8000.test

No we don't have emergency close gestures.
Go to Top of Page

AlphaLima

Germany
1978 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2019 :  09:09:55  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Peter,
which particular airspace(s) show this problem and where was the position of your glider.
Can you reproduce the problem in simulation mode?
AL
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.13 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy