PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 General Support
 LKMaps: Mexico waypoints cup file missing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ecoflight
Pulcino

Mexico
9 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2019 :  15:58:52  Show Profile  Visit Ecoflight's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As a new arrival to Mexico I am looking forward to soaring with LK8000, but the airport waypoints file is missing in LKMaps. The text file is there, and the other regional cup files download OK, but the Mexico cup file has 0 kb when downloaded so I guess the file link is broken it missing. Can this be fixed please?? Muchas gracias, Kristin

4Hummer
Pulcino

Canada
18 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2019 :  17:53:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Make your own. Easy to do with a program like SeeYou
Go to Top of Page

AlphaLima

Germany
1978 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2019 :  08:39:53  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here is the database (from OpenAIP) for mexico, should also be avaulable in LKMaps for download:;
https://github.com/AlphaLima/LK8000_Data/tree/master/_Waypoints/America
If not you can download it manually.

Edited by - AlphaLima on 14/02/2019 08:41:13
Go to Top of Page

Ecoflight
Pulcino

Mexico
9 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2019 :  22:40:31  Show Profile  Visit Ecoflight's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dear AlphaLima a belated thank you for updating the Mexico airports file which I was able to download from LKMaps and flew with successfully there for several months. Then we flew back across the US to Maine, and there are a couple questions I have. I am not much of a programmer and do not have the knowledge to make my own waypoint files. But as we flew across country LK8000's openaip us airports file would fairly frequently show me airports that were not there, I would switch to my other program (Avare, a moving map just using FAA sectionals as background) to check and no private airstrip or anything was shown. Also, arriving back at my home airport KSFM I noted that the aip file details only show one runway instead of two, and it is the old compass orientation from many years back. I checked the openaip website for that airport and all the details are correct there for ksfm. I looked at your GitHub repository and saw that the us airport waypoints file was last updated February 2018. But the FAA issues free navigational updates to registered professional users something like every month, and many aviation map programs update their airports and airspace files accordingly. We have a backup Garmin GPS portable that we would like to get rid of, and one of the rplacements I am looking at is a standalone LK8000 device (Fly360 Glo). But if we don't have updated airpace and airport info, then I constantly have to check another program which uses a current source like the FAAAFDs to make sure we have current info. So my question is: why don't the *cup files for download reflect the info that is currently on the openaip website, and would it be possible for you to update them more frequently, at least for countries which regularly issue no-cost updates? Thanks Kristin
Go to Top of Page

BravoLima
Aquilotto

Netherlands
276 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2019 :  14:29:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As far as I know, data files (airspace and waypoints) are not updated by the LK8000-team. For this you will have to consult https://www.openaip.net or http://www.soaringdata.info.
Go to Top of Page

AlphaLima

Germany
1978 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2019 :  21:50:19  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No the GIT repository is update by us (copied from OpenAIP),
I updated the US data already.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.13 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy