PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 General Support
 LKMAPS Desktop
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

rland
New Entry

4 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2017 :  14:32:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think I found a bug, LKMAPS version 1.0.1.5.
I run KLMAPS, define some area, enter map name, click "Create Terrain", then "Offline topology" then it works fine and I have both LKM and DEM file created. However if I define another area, can be anything just a tiny one then "Offline topolgy" will stuck on "Processing OSM...", even all night work doesn't help. Additionally Process Explorer shows CPU usage for LKMAPS_Desktop.exe near zero. If I restart LKMAPS then previous selection is preserved and "Offline topology" will succeed. So basically you can create only one "Offline topology" with a single instance.
I am using 19G europe-latest.osm.pbf file but I also cropped it using osmconvert to a smaller 100M area but it doesn't change anything and the problem is still present.
Go to Top of Page

mzeddd
Pulcino

Russia
82 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2017 :  15:45:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can confirm this.
However the way forward is to remove "LKMAPS" from C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local directory.
It works for me this way, but for some people is not.
Go to Top of Page

ToninoTarsi
Falchetto

Italy
113 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2017 :  04:04:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank for reporting
Will be fixed ASAP
Tony

www.VoloLiberoMonteCucco.it
Go to Top of Page

Aleksandar
Falchetto

Yugoslavia
167 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2017 :  16:42:42  Show Profile  Visit Aleksandar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Best regards, I have problem with update version 1.0.1.0 when I start app and run update I have error message: Error updating ... sorry -> OK

Best regards,
Aleksandar Cirkovic
Go to Top of Page

ToninoTarsi
Falchetto

Italy
113 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2017 :  19:16:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Try to download it back, uninstall and reisntall.
Tony

Go to Top of Page

Aleksandar
Falchetto

Yugoslavia
167 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2017 :  16:40:29  Show Profile  Visit Aleksandar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
it work. Thanks Toni

Best regards,
Aleksandar Cirkovic
Go to Top of Page

Dalmiro
New Entry

Argentina
2 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2017 :  12:51:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello

I have a problem creating topolgy maps. The program create the DEM file correctly but noot create the topology file. I had downloaded the .pbf file to do the offline process. The program stop when "creating TBL file" appears. What I do wrong?
My bounding bosx is ( 34.54-36.8 S ; 59.62-63 O)

Thanks for your help..!!
Go to Top of Page

rland
New Entry

4 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2017 :  11:53:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dalmiro,
I was having similar issues. During my investigation I found that cropping original huge pbf file to a smaller one covering the area you want to process and then using LKMAPS usually solves the problem.
What I did is as follows:

osmconvert64.exe europe-latest.osm.pbf -b=14,49.5,18.5,51.5 -o=small.osm.pbf

and then I use small.osm.pbf as the input. Please adjust bounding box (-b=...) to your needs. Try this method if you like.

Go to Top of Page

ToninoTarsi
Falchetto

Italy
113 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2017 :  12:05:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks rland for you feedback .. I will try to analyse this more in detail ..
Meanwhile I'm also working on string encoding to solve non latin ( Japanese Chinese..... ) languages .

Edited by - ToninoTarsi on 19/04/2017 12:07:00
Go to Top of Page

mathy
New Entry

3 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2017 :  19:14:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tonino,

I was just going to ask for Latin letters with Umlaut (like in Zürich -> I get ZÄ1/4rich) but I guess your last post answers it, you are still working on the encoding?

Thank you very much for that tool, good stuff!

Cheers

Matthias
Go to Top of Page

ToninoTarsi
Falchetto

Italy
113 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2017 :  19:17:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes. It is ready on current master source code (you can compile or just wait for next Android beta)

Go to Top of Page

vinsama
Pulcino

12 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2017 :  13:00:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Toni,

Like other in this chat i'm experiencing difficulties to create maps:

- when "create topology" the downloading phase passes very quickly to next step and then stop, leaving srtm files at 0KB in the folder.
any solution for this? can i download srtm files, place them in folder?

in other chats i ve seen there is an update to lk8000 desktop, could i get a link?

best regards
Go to Top of Page

ToninoTarsi
Falchetto

Italy
113 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2017 :  11:06:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think you have an old version : "create topology" button does not exist any more in version 1.0.1.5
Install new version and use "offline topology" that is more reliable than "online topology"
Tony

Go to Top of Page

JBlyth
Aquilotto

Australia
229 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2017 :  06:05:18  Show Profile  Visit JBlyth's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have been trouble getting a terrain file for Australia to generate with LKMaps 1.0.1.5.

Even if I only select a very small area of Australia, the process stops at about the 40% mark - as you can see in the image. I have waited for many hours for the process to advance...

Is it a southern hemisphere issue, or perhaps the srtm_xx_xx.zip file is too large to process?

Many thanks
John in Sunny Western Australia

Edited by - JBlyth on 22/07/2017 06:06:58
Go to Top of Page

ToninoTarsi
Falchetto

Italy
113 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2017 :  06:24:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes. I think this coud be a southern hemisphere issue. I will check asap but not befere next week.
Thanks for reporting
Tony

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy