PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
PF Home | International_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Hardware
 Connecting FLARM, Vario, Radio via WiFi Interface
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

AlphaLima

Germany
1598 Posts

Posted - 13/09/2018 :  22:25:46  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
SUB-D <-> RF45
https://www.amazon.de/StarTech-com-DB9-RJ45-Modular-Adapter/dp/B00006IRQA/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1512216015&sr=8-10&keywords=rs232+to+rj45
Go to Top of Page

vandortmond
Pulcino

Netherlands
20 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2018 :  10:03:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have now read all the discussions, including on Segelflug.de.

Confusing for an amateur (own battery for the chip, yes or no; plus some capacitors 47µF/16V, but where, etc) but I will try!

The bill of material you gave is quite different than the components you used for the wifi-bridge I saw the pictures of in the pdf manual (3 female ethernet com ports, female USB port, no max3232's visible). Not a problem, I guess?

As you can see, I look for the most detailed instructions before I start.

Thanks again, and I keep you posted!

Robert

Robert van Dortmond
Go to Top of Page

AlphaLima

Germany
1598 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2018 :  15:58:16  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The 3 female ethernet com ports is a extra designed "ready to use" aviation board with 3 Flarm/IGC compatible ports. Unfortuenatly I don't have any left anymore.
The capacitors must be placed between minus and plus of the 12V and 5V power supply (mind the polarity). You might ask someone with an electronical background.

Edited by - AlphaLima on 16/09/2018 12:32:30
Go to Top of Page

vandortmond
Pulcino

Netherlands
20 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2018 :  00:10:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, I will go to work!

Robert van Dortmond
Go to Top of Page

rexfux
Pulcino

46 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2018 :  11:51:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,
Your last software version from 10/8/2018 is now working correctly.
For now, I've only tried sending data to my phone via WIFI.
thank you
Henri
Go to Top of Page

pieterd
Pulcino

7 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2018 :  17:12:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

I was able to upload the file ESP-Serial-Bridge with the Wifi.h, config.h and the esp_wifi.h files to the NodeMCU-32s board, without errors.
I made no changes to the files.

But now I have no access to adres 192.168.4.1, so I am not able to setup my Wifi access point. Page 3 and 4 from the "Manual LK8000 3x Serial Bridge" Wifi settings and AP settings are not clear to me.

Is it possible to setup this Wifi access point using just me laptop or smartphone? (I have been toying with my router...)

Can someone shed some light to this?

Regards,
Pieter
Go to Top of Page

AlphaLima

Germany
1598 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2018 :  15:16:40  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No, no, no!
the webpage feature is only in the proffesional version, which is not available in public for legal reasons!
Your version already works, but has no webpage.

Edited by - AlphaLima on 23/10/2018 21:17:33
Go to Top of Page

pieterd
Pulcino

7 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2018 :  14:55:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you were right ... today I was able to control my Flarm and radio via my smartphone (with LK8000 on it). The only "difficulty" was changing,in the file, the baudrate for the KRT2. What a nice project this is!

Thank you very much!

Greetings, Pieter
Go to Top of Page

vandortmond
Pulcino

Netherlands
20 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2018 :  12:41:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Alpha Lima,

I meanwhile received the components:
- ESP-WROOM-32 Node
- UBEC
- DB9 To RJ45 Modular Adapter F/F
- Ultra Kompakter RS232 zu TTL-Konverter

I have not put anything together.

I started following your instructions on the German Forum:

"[i][i]Ahh,
OK ich versuche es mal in kleineren Etappen.
Also ihr benötigt zunächst nur den Node32s und ein normales Micro USB Kabel (Kein Arduino Starterkit),

-Der Node32s ist bereits eine Arduino kompatible Hardware. Die Programmierschnittstelle und Energieversorgung erfolgt schon per USB.

-Dann müsst ihr die kostenlose Arduino Entwicklungsumgebung (die sogenannte IDE) runter laden und installieren (https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software)

-Damit der ESP32 übterstütz wird, benötigen wir eine spezielle ESP32 Interface library. Download https://github.com/espressif/arduino-esp32

-Die Library unbedingt genau wie im Readme beschrieben für euer benutztes Betriebssystem installieren, (einfach kopieren funktioniert da nicht)"

I had to do all kind of things ie HomeBrew??, Python3??, but got it done!

Now I need to flash your library ESP32-Serial-Bridge.ino into the ESP32.

I see, however in your code you have 3 com ports. I only have 1.

How can I adapt the code (do I have to?) before uploading it to the ESP32.

Thanks,

Robert

Robert van Dortmond
Go to Top of Page

AlphaLima

Germany
1598 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2018 :  21:17:13  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No you don't! Just don't use it.
If you have a ESP32 there are 3 serial Ports even if you don't use it, here's the scematic:
https://github.com/AlphaLima/ESP32-Serial-Bridge/blob/master/ESP32-SerialBridge.jpg
Go to Top of Page

vandortmond
Pulcino

Netherlands
20 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2018 :  08:11:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK thanks. I can upload before connecting all components?

Robert van Dortmond
Go to Top of Page

AlphaLima

Germany
1598 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2018 :  16:02:17  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vandortmond

OK thanks. I can upload before connecting all components?

Yes, of course!
Go to Top of Page

vandortmond
Pulcino

Netherlands
20 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2018 :  17:45:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am so sorry, but I tried all day (I do not mind, it is also fun and I want to make this a success!) and really need help on Arduino (first time I use it).

I followed all instructions: Installed Arduino; installed the ESP32 package, installed the environment code for Mac (this worked after installing python3 (?) with Homebrew (?), and I plugged in my AZDelivery NodeMCU32 board.

Arduino does not recognize the port and I do not know what to do. I googled and installed the /dev/CU.SLAB_USBtoUART port, which is recognized by Arduino after I plug in the Board (and not if I unplug the Board).

I do not see my Board in the Board Manager and when I press "Get Board Info" I get a message "Serial port, info not obtainable".

I can understand that AlphaLima gets sick and tired of me, so maybe someone else is willing to help? By telephone? Sype?

Thank you!! Once this is done I do not need Arduino any more, I hope, so I do not want to become an expert, I just want to fly my Ka6 in the Alps with Kobo and FLARM info.....

Robert

Robert van Dortmond
Go to Top of Page

AlphaLima

Germany
1598 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2018 :  09:21:40  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is not an LK8000 nor and Hardware issue, this is regarding MAC OS and Arduino.
If you google "mac os arduino install esp32" you get hundreds of hints.
https://randomnerdtutorials.com/installing-the-esp32-board-in-arduino-ide-mac-and-linux-instructions/
https://github.com/espressif/arduino-esp32/issues/1084

If you still have problems
ask a friend with a windows PC or you can send the module to me on your expense and I'll programm it for you.

Edited by - AlphaLima on 30/10/2018 13:28:43
Go to Top of Page

vandortmond
Pulcino

Netherlands
20 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2018 :  12:09:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your patience!!

Yes! I followed the instructions and the "scan wifi" example worked!

Now I need to load the right sketch. I tried the one you mention in the German forum, but I get "NUM-COM not declared in this scope", so I am not sure I copy the right code and I saw something about "config.h"?

Robert

Robert van Dortmond
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Suggerimenti dello staff:

Note legali (italiano):
Privacy Policy Cookie Policy
Legal notice (english):
Privacy Policy Cookie Policy

PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - P.I. 05264240960