PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
PF Home | International_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


 All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Hardware
 LK8000 on openvario
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Coolwind
Moderator

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2017 :  02:27:44  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So it's practically unusable with LK.
Go to Top of Page

brunotl
Pterodattilo

France
886 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2017 :  10:16:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if i don't make mistake headstick send same key code of lxminimap and lxminimap is supported device ...
Go to Top of Page

Victor 8
Pulcino

Germany
19 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2017 :  11:41:59  Show Profile  Visit Victor 8's Homepage  Reply with Quote
According to my experiments with USB keyboard and USB-mouse on the OpenVario LK8000 supports the following keystrokes:
F1 toggles NAV
F2 toggles INFO
F3 toggles CONFIG
F4 toggles DISPLAY
ESC
ENTER
CTRL+C
4 arrow keys: LEFT RIGHT, UP, DOWN
Together with a mouse, one can access every function of LK8000. Without mouse function (or touch), the access to the submenu-buttons of NAV/INFO/CONFIG/DISP is not possible. This could be solved by highlighting one of the buttons by default and do the further navigation with arrow keys and selecting the desired button with ENTER.

The stefly remote stick comes with an arduino pro micro, which can be easily modified to send the above mentioned keystrokes. The current software of the stefly remote stick supports the following:
- Joystick: Arrow keys and Enter
- ESC
- F1 (Menu XCS)
- F5 (Waypoints XCS)
- Mouse
- Speed to Fly / Vario Switch: V and S
For the first tests an USB keyboard and mouse will do the trick, but this is only for the workbench. Yesterday I contacted Stefan Langer from stefly, we plan to donate a stefly OpenVario with remote stick for a volunteer LK8000 developer. We would be glad to support the LK8000 team with OpenVario hardware.
Thanks and best regards

Dieter

Go to Top of Page

Coolwind
Moderator

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2017 :  12:47:48  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@bruno: yes but minimap is touchscreen and all buttons are just a commodity. A lot of functionalities cannot work now without touchscreen. For example the actions on testing moving map: long click on the map to get the list of objects underneath.
It's not impossible of course to do a total support for non touch screen but at the same time all Garmin instruments are now touch because of much more easy approach compared to mouse actions. I don't know.
Go to Top of Page

Victor 8
Pulcino

Germany
19 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2017 :  17:26:16  Show Profile  Visit Victor 8's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have seen several input event files with the extension *.xci in the
\LK8000-master\Common\Data\Input
Could this be a way to go?
Best regards

Dieter
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind
Moderator

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2017 :  02:26:33  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No, xci are not used by the LK interface.
Go to Top of Page

ernst-dieter
Aquilotto

Germany
203 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2017 :  15:38:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The openvario-computer is clearly designed for the instrument panel. Because the distance in a (my) DG300 and (my) short arms I am a strong supporter of the stickhead remote solution for LK .... Please make it possible!
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind
Moderator

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2017 :  17:55:48  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A lot of work for a vet few people..
Go to Top of Page

ernst-dieter
Aquilotto

Germany
203 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2017 :  16:46:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
See it from the bright side ....world domination
Go to Top of Page

Victor 8
Pulcino

Germany
19 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2018 :  11:08:02  Show Profile  Visit Victor 8's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just a short information about the work in progress:
thanks to Bruno's and Caz's effort the OpenVario Driver is now supported in Version 6.1.s0.
It must be configured as Device A, TCP-Server at Port 4352.
First tests are very positive, we have vario sound (at least for some time), barometric altitude, vario indication, battery voltage and indicated airspeed.
Thanks a lot for your work!
Binary images for OpenVario containing Tophat, XCSoar and LK8000 for brave testers can be found here: (please keep in mind that this is still bleeding edge...) http://www.caztech.com/glider/openvario/ov_image/201804300020/
Best regards

Dieter
Go to Top of Page

Manu
Pulcino

Belgium
21 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2019 :  09:05:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello
Is LK8000 supported by Openvario now?
I'm really interested in the stickhead remote solution.
Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

martghh
New Entry

Germany
3 Posts

Posted - 26/12/2019 :  16:40:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

i've assembled a Stefly OpenVario 'with touchscreen' and, of course, with the 7" Texim display. Looking around i found an image which runs but included an LK8000 version 6 executable. Before mounting and do the final config i would like to install one of the latest version 7 builds (the ones availble on Android). In order to schieve that, i installed the Nimbus VM, updated the git repo, followed the instructions to cross-compile for CUBIE, but got errors here and there - looks like some packages are too old or new in order to complete the build.
Did somebody already have successfully build the latest LK8000 version to run on the OpenVario ? i.e. like the images i found at caztech.com/glider/openvario/...

best regards,
Martin
Go to Top of Page

brunotl
Pterodattilo

France
886 Posts

Posted - 26/12/2019 :  20:50:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by martghh

Hi,

i've assembled a Stefly OpenVario 'with touchscreen' and, of course, with the 7" Texim display. Looking around i found an image which runs but included an LK8000 version 6 executable. Before mounting and do the final config i would like to install one of the latest version 7 builds (the ones availble on Android). In order to schieve that, i installed the Nimbus VM, updated the git repo, followed the instructions to cross-compile for CUBIE, but got errors here and there - looks like some packages are too old or new in order to complete the build.
Did somebody already have successfully build the latest LK8000 version to run on the OpenVario ? i.e. like the images i found at caztech.com/glider/openvario/...

best regards,
Martin




openvario image must be build usong openvario build env...
if you can wait one week, i will publish a updated package...
Go to Top of Page

martghh
New Entry

Germany
3 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2019 :  11:23:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by brunotl
openvario image must be build usong openvario build env...
if you can wait one week, i will publish a updated package...



sure - the waether will not be too challenging in Europe the next weeks ;-) meanwhile i will continue to build it from the VM image... I could compile already a few files, but encounter missing libs/includes and also wrong include paths generated by the makefile (missing the new root pointing to the cubie mirrored files).

best regards,
Martin

ps: i could build now an executable, which, at least, could be started and doing some of the config task within LK8000. In order to build i've edited the pkgconfig.mk file to include 'PKG_CONFIG_SYSROOT_DIR' pointing to the copied rootfs dir from the OpenVario. This clears all of the include errors. The second 'hurdle' were (implicit) vector conversion errors in DrawTerrain.cpp:914 which i bypass (i know that this is not a fix ;-) by defining OPENVARIO in the Makefile once CUBIE is defined as a target. This finally work and the executable runs... lets see how long. By the way - are there other CUBIE based HW running LK8000 not being an OpenVario ?

Edited by - martghh on 27/12/2019 14:01:06
Go to Top of Page

martghh
New Entry

Germany
3 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2020 :  08:49:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Bruno,

did you already succeed in building a new image ?

best regards,
Martin

quote:
Originally posted by brunotl

quote:
Originally posted by martghh

Hi,

i've assembled a Stefly OpenVario 'with touchscreen' and, of course, with the 7" Texim display. Looking around i found an image which runs but included an LK8000 version 6 executable. Before mounting and do the final config i would like to install one of the latest version 7 builds (the ones availble on Android). In order to schieve that, i installed the Nimbus VM, updated the git repo, followed the instructions to cross-compile for CUBIE, but got errors here and there - looks like some packages are too old or new in order to complete the build.
Did somebody already have successfully build the latest LK8000 version to run on the OpenVario ? i.e. like the images i found at caztech.com/glider/openvario/...

best regards,
Martin




openvario image must be build usong openvario build env...
if you can wait one week, i will publish a updated package...


Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Suggerimenti dello staff:

                                         

Note legali (italiano):
Privacy Policy Cookie Policy
Legal notice (english):
Privacy Policy Cookie Policy

PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - P.I. 05264240960