PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
PF Home | International_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Hardware
 LK8000 on openvario
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2017 :  04:43:46  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have to put these informations and the openvario links on the website of LK . sorry I delayed to much about this.
Go to Top of Page

Victor 8
Pulcino

Germany
19 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2017 :  09:28:47  Show Profile  Visit Victor 8's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Coolwind

I have to put these informations and the openvario links on the website of LK . sorry I delayed to much about this.

Hello Paolo,
good idea. In case you need supporting material or any other support, please let me know.
Best regards

Dieter
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2017 :  11:50:12  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well it is a little strange that I was not told about the fact it was donated hardware. Just to say thank you on the Web.
Anyway no problems.
I understand why we are come to this point and I am going to make an announce shortly.
Go to Top of Page

canciano
Pulcino

Spain
22 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2017 :  13:55:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,
I have just acquired an OpenVario kit.
Would LK8000 work with OpenVario remote stick as input?
Would it be possible to compile a version with 7" Texim display so that I could install and test it?

Manu thanks to all developers of LK8000 and OpenVario for all their efforts

Regards,
Canciano
Go to Top of Page

brunotl
Pterodattilo

France
883 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2017 :  17:12:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
for remote stick, it's depends, what remote stick you have ?

i will look this week for 7" Texim display version, i let you know when it's ready.
Go to Top of Page

canciano
Pulcino

Spain
22 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2017 :  23:03:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks!

I have an Stefly openvario remote stick
Go to Top of Page

Victor 8
Pulcino

Germany
19 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2017 :  19:23:11  Show Profile  Visit Victor 8's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Today I tested the KRT2 radio together with the OpenVario and LK8000 Ver. 6.1.c using the native Dittel KRT2-driver at 9600 baud and can confirm that everything works great! Thanks to the three (four) RJ45-IGC connectors with TTL-levels, the OpenVario can directly interface to the KRT2 without level shifting and other hassle. Only a 15-pin female Sub-D connector is needed at the KRT2.

A big thanks to all contributors who made this nice feature possible!
Go to Top of Page

mihu
Pulcino

14 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2017 :  21:35:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just to avoid confusion: The Openvario RJ45-IGC connectors have standard RS232 (+/-12V) and not TTL levels.
Go to Top of Page

Victor 8
Pulcino

Germany
19 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2017 :  08:53:20  Show Profile  Visit Victor 8's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mihu, thanks for your awareness and support.
Best regards

Dieter
Go to Top of Page

Bier
Pulcino

Netherlands
19 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2017 :  21:49:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I only recently discovered Open Vario but was slightly disappointed that it comes with XCsoar. Can't tell you how happy I am seeing LK8000 running on Open Vario. This may well be the next upgrade for my panel.

Fly fast, think negative
Go to Top of Page

ale_udine
Pulcino

Italy
72 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2017 :  19:27:38  Show Profile  Visit ale_udine's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi guys, how is the situation on the openvario/LK8000 development?
there is someone that have tested LK8000 the sTefly http://www.stefly.aero/openvario/ version of the openvario?
The stefly version have the stick bar and some buttons for xc soar. I think that if goes on the panel it is needed to control with a stick button?
It will be a good upgrade in my panel if it can run lk8000 :-)
thanks for your reply!
alessandro
Go to Top of Page

davesalmon
Pterodattilo

United Kingdom
1571 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2017 :  22:19:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And it is rather large, only suitable for panel mounting.
Go to Top of Page

Victor 8
Pulcino

Germany
19 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2017 :  12:47:07  Show Profile  Visit Victor 8's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Hi guys, how is the situation on the openvario/LK8000 development?

Here is a short status update about LK8000 and OpenVario:
-LK8000 is basically working stable on OpenVario for 7" PQ-Displays
-The stefly-OpenVario is based on TEXIM-Chefree-Displays with 5.7" and 7", I did not test it right now, but I assume it is not a big thing to make it work. If I find some time the next days, I will start a first test and provide information here. If someone has owned a stefly-OpenVario , he can download the latest OpenVario-Image here:
ftp://ftp.openvario.org/images/OpenVario-linux-ov-image-glibc-ipk-17119-openvario-7-CH070.rootfs.img.gz

ftp://ftp.openvario.org/images/OpenVario-linux-ov-image-glibc-ipk-17119-openvario-57lvds.rootfs.img.gz

At the moment these images are without waypoints, maps and airspaces, but with a little linux-knowledge it shouldn't be a big issue to copy the neccessary files into the appropriate directories. These images start xcsoar by default, but while starting up you can select "exit to the shell" in the OV-Menu. From the shell you can start LK8000 manually with a normal USB-keyboard.
As far as I know two things are missing at the moment:
-the variod / sensord drivers for the OpenVario sensorboard
-the keystroke interface to accept remote stick or rotary encoder inputs
Please keep in mind that these images are still in an early stage and there may be several imperfections. Nevertheless we are very glad about helping hands and user feedback.
Best regards

Dieter

Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2017 :  19:12:50  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Ernst . I don't understand. is the Stefly a touchscreen or not?
Go to Top of Page

ernst-dieter
Aquilotto

Germany
203 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2017 :  20:35:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Coolwind

Hi Ernst . I don't understand. is the Stefly a touchscreen or not?

Openvario is touchscreen (initial version)

OR/AND

Rotating decoder (developed by Stefan Langer)

OR/AND

Stickhead with joystick and knobs (developed by Stefan Langer)

Stefly openvario (Stefan Langer's openvario set version) is "no touchscreen" (so means handling by Decoder AND/OR Stickhead).
He rejects the touchscreen because of the unavoidable brightness losses.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Suggerimenti dello staff:

Note legali (italiano):
Privacy Policy Cookie Policy
Legal notice (english):
Privacy Policy Cookie Policy

PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - P.I. 05264240960