PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Change requests and new features list
 UI consistency with new overlay editing options
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sundancer
Pulcino

Czech Republic
34 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2016 :  17:58:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
While ability to change overlay text fields, or compeltely hide them, the system has made a huge step towards UI inconsistency.

One of the reason you splitted from XCsoar was bad UI and comlexity.How this situation right now goes with the original LK ideas?

To be constructive this is how we should implement it to make it OK for users:

Instead of somehow twisted AUX bar logic, there should have been new "Infobox Overlay" page (16,17,18,...19). There should we have the boxes to select values (with the default one included). There can be also a checkbox near every overlay item to hide it OR HIDDEN should be one of the items inside the info items list.

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2016 :  19:02:55  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I dont think it is inconsistent with V5 V4 V3 etc.. it is always the same in fact.
Many people will not touch the configuration. The idea is that you dont need to configure anything to takeoff.
But you are allowed to disable things if you dont need or like them, like we did with multimaps for example, with infopages, etc. So it is very consistent with this idea.
The configurable content (optional) is not smart, I do agree, but I tried not to add new menus.
I wish to create a new configuration approach in the future, so then it will be possible to make things configurable easier.
The philosophy is always the same: unless you do not want, you will takeoff with all informations available, and reduntant in many pages. For other software, it is exactly the opposite.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy