PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Developers
 Nimbus How-To and Recommendations
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

nwade
Pulcino

USA
86 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2015 :  20:23:35  Show Profile  Visit nwade's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I have some questions about working with Nimbus and the LK8000 codebase. I am hoping this thread can be used to coordinate "How To" information on these topics, and make it easier for everyone.

Here are my initial questions:

• Is there a Forum Post or other document that explains how the core LK8000 developers (such as Coolwind) would prefer people to submit code-changes back to the github repository?
    (NOTE: Some of us have never used GitHub before; only other tools like SVN or VSS)

• Does the Nimbus system include a GUI interface (such as the X Window System) that's already configured for use? Are there any GUI development tools that you recommend using within Nimbus?

• Does the Nimbus system include an IDE or other advanced editor (either from the command-line or GUI)? It would be nice to use an IDE to help track includes & dependencies across various source files. If an IDE is already included in Nimbus, does that IDE tie into the github tools automatically, or are they managed separately?

Thanks again for putting in the effort to make Nimbus available!

--Noel
P.S. I found a couple of the LK8000-related README files in various directories. But if you don't know they're there then you may miss them - I'll try to post them to this thread later today, for reference by others who are just starting out with Nimbus.

brunotl
Pterodattilo

France
1090 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2015 :  23:53:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

• Is there a Forum Post or other document that explains how the core LK8000 developers (such as Coolwind) would prefer people to submit code-changes back to the github repository?
    (NOTE: Some of us have never used GitHub before; only other tools like SVN or VSS)

• first of all read this :
    https://github.com/LK8000/LK8000/wiki/Git-Forks-Guidelines

quote:

• Does the Nimbus system include a GUI interface (such as the X Window System) that's already configured for use? Are there any GUI development tools that you recommend using within Nimbus?

• we have included Git Gui "SmartGit", for start read this file :
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/36505199/LK8000/Doc/GitHub.pdf

quote:

• Does the Nimbus system include an IDE or other advanced editor (either from the command-line or GUI)? It would be nice to use an IDE to help track includes & dependencies across various source files. If an IDE is already included in Nimbus, does that IDE tie into the github tools automatically, or are they managed separately?

• No IDE installed.
    I use Netbeans, easy to use and configure, but remote debuging on real device don't work (tested with gdbserver and kobo only).
    I have recently tested Eclipse CDT, more powerfull, need big screen (forget it on 13" Laptop), Remote debuging work fine, but configuration are not trivial...

I think lot of others IDE can be used, the best is the one you know.

Edited by - brunotl on 24/01/2015 00:16:56
    Go to Top of Page

cloudsun9
    Pulcino

United Kingdom
    58 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2015 :  22:50:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
    There must be a method to create a KoboRoot.tgz for LK8000, but I cannot find it published anywhere.
    I don't want to duplicate work. Any suggestions?

Cloudsun9
    Go to Top of Page

brunotl
    Pterodattilo

France
    1090 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2015 :  23:14:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
    quote:
    Originally posted by cloudsun9

There must be a method to create a KoboRoot.tgz for LK8000, but I cannot find it published anywhere.
    I don't want to duplicate work. Any suggestions?

I have made nothing for that.

for run kobo verions, you need to upload all file using ftp or mass-storage connection inside "/mnt/onboard/LK8000" and run it using telnet remote shell.

Edit : you need to kill allready running app before run LK8000 (KoboMenu or Nickell)

Edited by - brunotl on 24/01/2015 23:17:18
    Go to Top of Page

cloudsun9
    Pulcino

United Kingdom
    58 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2015 :  10:27:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
    Thanks Bruno,
    I had seen that info somewhere before, but couldn't find it again.
    The same for how to join the XChat channel, which is likely the place for beginners to to ask the stupid questions.

Cloudsun9
    Go to Top of Page

nwade
    Pulcino

USA
    86 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2015 :  02:23:47  Show Profile  Visit nwade's Homepage  Reply with Quote
    cloudsun9 - Have you tried starting the Nimbus GUI with "startx"? A menu pops up in a terminal window on the Desktop and prompts you. You can enter a command from the menu and it will automatically launch XChat and join the proper IRC channel.
    Go to Top of Page

cloudsun9
    Pulcino

United Kingdom
    58 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2015 :  12:43:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
    I'm in OK. I found typing 'identify_cloudsun9' +return got me in.

Cloudsun9
    Go to Top of Page

parapenT1sta
    Pterodattilo

Portugal
    1864 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2015 :  00:32:03  Show Profile  Visit parapenT1sta's Homepage  Click to see parapenT1sta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
    If you want to test changes made by Bruno in first hand, you can do this (I run ./Install script all the times, because it might be changes with Language or/and Menu file, and if you don't update it might crash LK8000):
    - Open Terminal
    (only once, you don't need to repeat this on next time)
    - type: sudo git clone -b _road_to_linux https://github.com/brunotl/LK8000.git bruno

(to compile and run it)
    - cd bruno
    - git fetch
    - make clean
    - make TARGET=LINUX
    - mv -f LK8000-LINUX ../LK8000/
    - cd /Scripts (case sensitive)
    - ./Install
    - cd ..
    - cd ../LK8000
    - ./LK8000-LINUX
    Go to Top of Page

parapenT1sta
    Pterodattilo

Portugal
    1864 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2015 :  21:37:14  Show Profile  Visit parapenT1sta's Homepage  Click to see parapenT1sta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
    New package is needed: https://github.com/brunotl/LK8000/commit/49f25ac0256d40b70e5145fceaf4ab3ca9fcff5f

How to install?
    - Open Terminal
    - sudo apt-get install libsdl-mixer1.2-dev
    Go to Top of Page

cloudsun9
    Pulcino

United Kingdom
    58 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2015 :  17:42:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
    Attempting to test on KOBO-Mini I get:

[root@(none) LK8000]# killall nickel
    [root@(none) LK8000]# ./LK8000-KOBO
    ./LK8000-KOBO: error while loading shared libraries: libzzip-0.so.13: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Any ideas?
    LK8000-LINUX loads up fine in Nimbus, but I would like to see it on the actual device if possible.

Cloudsun9
    Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
    8957 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2015 :  21:47:55  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
    Either we link statically, or you install that zzip library on the kobo too..
    Go to Top of Page

brunotl
    Pterodattilo

France
    1090 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2015 :  22:09:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
    just copy "libzzip-0.so.13" from "/opt/kobo/arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi/lib/" into same directory of "LK8000-KOBO" executable
    Go to Top of Page

cloudsun9
    Pulcino

United Kingdom
    58 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2015 :  23:15:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
    Bruno If you mean the directory LK8000-KOBO is in I copied libzzip-0.so.13.0.62 there, it didn't work.

Cloudsun9
    Go to Top of Page

cloudsun9
    Pulcino

United Kingdom
    58 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2015 :  23:29:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
    I also tried a few other places like /Bin/KOBO/Library just in case

Cloudsun9
    Go to Top of Page

brunotl
    Pterodattilo

France
    1090 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2015 :  23:48:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
    you have error : "libzzip-0.so.13: cannot open shared object file"

so, you need "libzzip-0.so.13" not "libzzip-0.so.13.0.62"

2 option :
    - rename file
    - make link
    Go to Top of Page

cloudsun9
    Pulcino

United Kingdom
    58 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2015 :  00:40:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
    Different:

[root@(none) LK8000]# killall nickel
    [root@(none) LK8000]# ./LK8000-KOBO
    Segmentation fault
    [root@(none) LK8000]#

I'll have to try and find the correct file on rpm find or somewhere like it.

Cloudsun9
    Go to Top of Page
    Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
    Next Page
     New Topic  Reply to Topic
    Jump To:
    PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
    This page was generated in 0.13 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
    THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
    Privacy & Cookie Policy