PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
PF Home | International_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Hardware
 LK8000 and Kobo
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

parapenT1sta
Pterodattilo

Canada
1802 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2015 :  22:27:03  Show Profile  Visit parapenT1sta's Homepage  Click to see parapenT1sta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
LK8000 for Kobo wasn't officially released but some people are already testing it and they are happy with it!

Good job Bruno and Paolo!

"Today 2 hours flight, very very cold no problems with LK !! Thanks thanks thanks" (Wieland Steffan)

"Works nicely with BlueFly v8" (Nik Valiris)

and more pictures, that include tests indoor, in the car and in the train :)

Edited by - parapenT1sta on 24/02/2015 22:28:33
Go to Top of Page

Parsifal
Falchetto

Italy
158 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2015 :  23:42:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by brunotl

quote:
Originally posted by Parsifal

The gofly device is interesting, but not that cheap ...
What about a configuration with an ordinary Kobo connected by cable to an external logger/GPS (e.g.: Nano), and, if possible, at the same time connected to the glider's battery?

all you want is explained here : http://www.tophatsoaring.org/Kobo%20USB%20GPS%20cables.html

I need a little help to build my own cable to connect Kobo and Nano.

Is there anyone who knows what the wiring is from the FTDI Cable to connect it to the USB male?

I mean: the FTDI Cable has 6 wires (1. black GND 2. brown CTS 3. red VCC 4. orange TXD 5. yellow RXD 6. green RTS) while the USB cable has 4 wires (1. Red VCC 2. White D+ 3. Green D- 4. Black GND).
As far as I understand (I'm definitely not a geek), the FTDI has 2 pairs of data wires (2,4,5,6): unless I'm wrong, which pair must I connect to the USB data wires (2,3)? And in which order?

Thanks in advance to the smart ones.

... fai delle nubi il tuo carro, cammini sulle ali del vento ... S.104,3

Edited by - Parsifal on 10/06/2015 23:43:46
Go to Top of Page

freewing70
Pterodattilo

Italy
1250 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2015 :  18:17:07  Show Profile  Visit freewing70's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello,

Does anybody ever used the "GoFly Project V4 GLO"?
Got 2 instructors that would like to buy it, but we'd appreciate some feedback from users.

Thanks a lot

- enrico
parapendio.pro
http://www.architettogirardi.it

Edited by - freewing70 on 28/06/2015 18:17:52
Go to Top of Page

parapenT1sta
Pterodattilo

Canada
1802 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2015 :  18:48:14  Show Profile  Visit parapenT1sta's Homepage  Click to see parapenT1sta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I have the Kobo Mini edition and I am happy with it!
Go to Top of Page

Enders13
Pulcino

United Kingdom
82 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2015 :  14:46:23  Show Profile  Visit Enders13's Homepage  Reply with Quote
final Build ready for testing in flight, Kobo Touch and Bluefly Vario working well on the ground and in car.

Edited by - Enders13 on 29/06/2015 15:00:36
Go to Top of Page

freewing70
Pterodattilo

Italy
1250 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2015 :  16:49:05  Show Profile  Visit freewing70's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks a lot!
:)

quote:
Originally posted by TiGuy82

I have the Kobo Mini edition and I am happy with it!

- enrico
parapendio.pro
http://www.architettogirardi.it
Go to Top of Page

gliderguider
Pulcino

United Kingdom
82 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2015 :  11:36:25  Show Profile  Visit gliderguider's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have one of the early Kobo Mini e-readers (in a black case). I bought it only to test the display and the serial interface. Let me know if you would like to have it. Contact via the website at www.gliderguider.net please.

Regards
Allan
Go to Top of Page

ruokso
New Entry

1 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2015 :  16:51:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am trying to connect my Kobo/LK8000 to a new XC Tracer unit (www.xctracer.com). I have the HM-11 Bluetooth module installed in the Kobo so the XC Tracer is talking to the Kobo.

XC Tracer website says to use LK8EX1 sentence, which I set in both XC Tracer config file and LK8000 Device Setup.

I can see the data coming in on the Monitor, but the data updates slowly on the flying screens. Vario and GPS position seem to update only once every 3 seconds or so.

Any suggestions on other configurations to try? I tried LXWP0 sentence on XC Tracer and LX MiniMap on LK8000 with the same result, data comes in but updates slowly. Most other configurations I tried yielded no data fed to LK8000 (data is still seen in the Monitor).

I did notice turning off "forwardGPSSentences" on the XC Tracer config that the vario data updates quickly but of course, no GPS data then.

Anyone else trying this specific combination of LK8000 and XC Tracer?
Go to Top of Page

brunotl
Aquila imperiale

France
612 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2015 :  17:42:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
make NMEALOG and send it to me.

( "Config 2/3" -> "NMEA Logger" ), log a inside "_Logger" directory of device.
Go to Top of Page

Enders13
Pulcino

United Kingdom
82 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2015 :  15:40:13  Show Profile  Visit Enders13's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Our local club has a small grid challenge of 15 cylinders on a local hill, it's challenging due to early sea breeze and random numbers you have to complete it in order. Kobo Touch with LK8000 5.3d worked perfectly

Edited by - Enders13 on 11/08/2015 15:40:56
Go to Top of Page

thomasg
Pulcino

60 Posts

Posted - 25/08/2015 :  23:31:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there a version with usb otg available meanwhile?
Would love to test and migrate from xcsoar.
Go to Top of Page

bo.
Pterodattilo

830 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2015 :  21:04:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ruokso

I am trying to connect my Kobo/LK8000 to a new XC Tracer unit (www.xctracer.com). I have the HM-11 Bluetooth module installed in the Kobo so the XC Tracer is talking to the Kobo.

XC Tracer website says to use LK8EX1 sentence, which I set in both XC Tracer config file and LK8000 Device Setup.

I can see the data coming in on the Monitor, but the data updates slowly on the flying screens. Vario and GPS position seem to update only once every 3 seconds or so.

Any suggestions on other configurations to try? I tried LXWP0 sentence on XC Tracer and LX MiniMap on LK8000 with the same result, data comes in but updates slowly. Most other configurations I tried yielded no data fed to LK8000 (data is still seen in the Monitor).

I did notice turning off "forwardGPSSentences" on the XC Tracer config that the vario data updates quickly but of course, no GPS data then.

Anyone else trying this specific combination of LK8000 and XC Tracer?

Hi, I seem to be having the same issue with slow data transfer with XC Tracer and HM-11, the only difference is I have added the BLE chip to a Vertica V2.

http://www.postfrontal.com/forum/topic.asp?whichpage=1&TOPIC_ID=8038#67509

Did you solve the problem somehow?

Thanks for any hints!
Go to Top of Page

Parsifal
Falchetto

Italy
158 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2016 :  15:42:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a Kobo Mini and I'd like to install LK8000 on it, connecting the device to a LX Nano via USB.

But I don't know how to download and install the software and how to connect the Nano.

Is there any helping hand?

Thanks in advance.

Giancarlo

Go to Top of Page

parapenT1sta
Pterodattilo

Canada
1802 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2016 :  16:33:51  Show Profile  Visit parapenT1sta's Homepage  Click to see parapenT1sta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
There is no official version for Kobo yet! But if you want to try, use it at your own risk: http://tinyurl.com/LK8000v6alpha

I don't know if it will work because you need USB OTG Kernel and is not 100% implemented in LK8000
Go to Top of Page

Parsifal
Falchetto

Italy
158 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2016 :  17:51:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TiGuy82

There is no official version for Kobo yet! But if you want to try, use it at your own risk: http://tinyurl.com/LK8000v6alpha

I don't know if it will work because you need USB OTG Kernel and is not 100% implemented in LK8000

Thanks for your answer.
Since my current settlement (HX4700 with lk8000 5.0) works flawlessly, may be I'll wait for the official release.
Any idea of the timing?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.21 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Suggerimenti dello staff:

Note legali (italiano):
Privacy Policy Cookie Policy
Legal notice (english):
Privacy Policy Cookie Policy

PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - P.I. 05264240960