PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Hardware
 V3-update
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

12Fly
Aquilotto

Netherlands
207 Posts

Posted - 15/12/2014 :  11:15:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
See: http://www.verticasports.com/shop/v3-update/

(picture from Vertica website)

I.I. van der Bijl

lawrence
Pulcino

United Kingdom
86 Posts

Posted - 16/03/2015 :  20:57:08  Show Profile  Visit lawrence's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dear Pilots - first of all I am sorry for the lack of news and updates but we have been working hard on the V3 project and pushing for a release as soon as possible, we are making excellent progress. As a business we've had a lot on recently including moving offices and the project has been more invloved than originally anticpated, hence the delays.

We will be able to support both Windows and Linux so are doing our best to future proof the V3. All components are on the board and we are testing 3 different screens currently. Packaging and boxes are also deisgned and ready so it won't be too much longer, however we will not rush this and will do our best to ensure we have a solid and relaible instrument before it is released for purchase.

Here's the board so you guys know we're serious

Go to Top of Page

luiz
Pulcino

Slovenia
27 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2015 :  19:48:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Will be vario meter(audio) also part of the instrumet?

Best regards, Luiz

Go to Top of Page

lawrence
Pulcino

United Kingdom
86 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2015 :  00:05:27  Show Profile  Visit lawrence's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Luiz - yes an internal vario will be part of the V3. Thanks Lawrence
Go to Top of Page

lawrence
Pulcino

United Kingdom
86 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2015 :  22:55:55  Show Profile  Visit lawrence's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just to keep you all updated on the developments, this was taken a few weeks back when we were testing the different screens we had shortlisted.

All components are now working, the production board will be smaller, the image shows the development board made to run the three different screens we were testing. I know we are behind schedule but we should be in production soon.

The V3 will be able to run Windows Mobile and Linux for future development of LK8000

Thank you all for your patience.

Cheers Lawrence

Go to Top of Page

davesalmon
Pterodattilo

United Kingdom
1620 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2015 :  10:36:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Perhaps Lawrence it would be a good idea to tell us what you are aiming at with the V3. Will it be just a replacement for the V2, and of similar spec (plus Linux), or will it have lots of enhancements, perhaps an even better and brighter display?
Go to Top of Page

lawrence
Pulcino

United Kingdom
86 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2015 :  19:27:21  Show Profile  Visit lawrence's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The V3 will be have the following: in addition to all the functions of the V2

Higher resolution screen compared to the V2
Tests are indicating the screen will also be more visible in sunlight conditions
Tougher external case and a more robust build through out (including lanyard attachment)
U-Blox GPS module - no track smoothing issues
Internal audible vario
Bigger battery for all day use
Ability to run Windows or Linux, though this will be set at production level

We're trying to give pilots from all disciplines an all in one solution and aim to be cheaper than comparable instruments.

Cheers Lawrence
Go to Top of Page

parapenT1sta
Pterodattilo

Portugal
1864 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2015 :  03:59:19  Show Profile  Visit parapenT1sta's Homepage  Click to see parapenT1sta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Will it support GSM for LiveTracking? Only very few devices in the market support LiveTracking not even the newest Flytec Connect 1 supports it :(
Go to Top of Page

freewing70
Pterodattilo

Italy
1268 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2015 :  18:41:15  Show Profile  Visit freewing70's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@Lawrence,can you give us a date and a price?
=8)

- enrico

Go to Top of Page

BravoLima
Aquilotto

Netherlands
276 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2015 :  17:57:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
From the Vertica website (V3 update)
April 2015 Update:

The V3 Project is nearing completion and will be available very soon, please keep checking the website for updates and news or alternatively email us with your questions. The V3 will be an all-in-one solution flight instrument with large capacity battery, internal vario, sunlight readable screen and reliable GPS module with track smoothing issues.

I hope that this is a typo?
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2015 :  22:51:51  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
of course. V3 has ublox GPS.
Go to Top of Page

lawrence
Pulcino

United Kingdom
86 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2015 :  15:45:55  Show Profile  Visit lawrence's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry yes it was a typo, there will be NO track smoothing issues.

In regards to the live tracking we will see if this can be implemented.

Price wise all I can say for now is slightly more expensive than the V2 but considerably less than the equivalent instruments on the market.

Time wise I know everyone keeps hearing the same line off me but we are pushing to get this out there as soon as possible.

Sorry for being non specific at the moment but I hope to be able to give you all proper answers soon.

Thanks Lawrence
Go to Top of Page

pegasus
Pulcino

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2015 :  12:22:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lawrence

The V3 will be have the following: in addition to all the functions of the V2

<snip>
Internal audible vario
<snip>

Cheers Lawrence

Although you did not mention is explicitly, presumably the above feature means that the V3 will have an internal barometric sensor as standard? Can you confirm?

Thanks,
Graham
Go to Top of Page

lawrence
Pulcino

United Kingdom
86 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2015 :  15:45:09  Show Profile  Visit lawrence's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Graham - yes an internal pressure sensor will be standard on the V3; guys I'm really sorry about the delays here, the development is much more involved that we originally anticipated and since this is our first ground up build we couldn't base the time frame on past experience. The hardware is all working but we are currently working on the OS integration with the hardware.

We're getting a lot of emails and I can understand everyone getting frustrated by us saying the same thing over and over that it will be available soon but I firmly believe this.

Just wanted to update you guys here as honestly as I could.

Cheers Lawrence
Go to Top of Page

lawrence
Pulcino

United Kingdom
86 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2015 :  09:11:41  Show Profile  Visit lawrence's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We have the OS now working
Go to Top of Page

lawrence
Pulcino

United Kingdom
86 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2015 :  16:39:09  Show Profile  Visit lawrence's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Well just a little update, we have now decided on the screen and that is 100% working with the development board. The screen is far superior than anything I have seen; we will try and get images of it working under direct sunlight though this image was taken outdoors but under a cloudy sky. The screen can be easily read from all angles, we are really excited about this.

We’ll be using a micro SD card and mini USB socket, the larger versions are just there for the development.

The pressure sensor has its own independent processor and will initially be controlled and set by its own app.

The speaker will have an amplifier to ensure the audio is heard in all conditions.

There will be a charging light indicating charge and when it’s fully charged.

We’re looking to keep the 10 pin USB socket with RS232, this will also handle the charging of the V3. We wanted to keep the build simple, less holes in the case, less leads to supply.

We’re just tweaking the Bluetooth and U-Blox GPS module for the OS and then we’ll be able to start the production of the PCB.

We’re in the process of designing the case so progress is good.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding that matters have taken longer than anticipated.

Lawrence

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy