PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 General Support
 LK8000 under WINE for Linux not working anymore!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

twentyknots
Pulcino

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2014 :  17:16:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just installed the latest updates for Ubuntu Release 12.04 (precise) 32-bit LTS and LK800 will not run under Wine anymore! Launching it from the following shell script has worked for ages:

#!/bin/sh
LK8000_DIR=~/LK8000

echo “Run LK8000 480x640 under WINE”
wine $LK8000_DIR/LK8000-PC.exe -x=480 -y=640

exit

Now the system reports:

“Run LK8000 480x640 under WINE”
modify_ldt: Invalid argument
err:process:__wine_kernel_init boot event wait timed out
^Cerr:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7bcaf8e4 "loader.c: loader_section" wait timed out in thread 0014, blocked by 0011, retrying (60 sec)

This must be some subtle change in Wine that rejects previously acceptable arguments. Launching directly from the .exe file will not work either. I will report if this problem persists in later releases... Maybe the LK build for Windows needs to change to the latest protocols? Dunno - but it is a pain... I can try regressing Wine but that could be difficult.

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2014 :  19:16:01  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I doubt it is only LK not working anymore. What about the rest of your PC binaries? I guess nothing is working too, confirm?
Go to Top of Page

twentyknots
Pulcino

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2014 :  19:30:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You are right, even Notepad crashes, and Kindle, but Audible works. Someone broke Wine, I will check the sites and report a bug. When I get it working I will report here...
Go to Top of Page

twentyknots
Pulcino

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2014 :  10:41:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LK8000 runs OK for the latest updates: Release 12.04 (precise) 32-bit Kernel Linux 3.2.0-70-generic. GNOME 3.4.2 .

These error messages don't seem to reflect any problems running LK8000 V5 in SIM mode.

err:ole:CoInitializeEx Attempt to change threading model of this apartment from multi-threaded to apartment threaded
fixme:thread:NtQueryInformationThread Cannot get kerneltime or usertime of other threads
fixme:heap:RtlCompactHeap (0x110000, 0x0) stub

Kindle still won't run, Notepad does. Unless you run the very latest Linux releases and Wine version I guess you should not expect much Windows compatibility..
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.13 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy