PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
PF Home | International_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Hardware
 Project Radioactivity
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

AlphaLima

Germany
1862 Posts

Posted - 15/10/2014 :  23:02:05  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Soon or later we all (in europe) need a new 8,33kHz radio, so I decided to buy a new one.
Of course I wanted to connect it to LK.
Here is the result:
http://youtu.be/GoSxlQvuAhg

Unfortuneatly I needed to make an interface electronics with a microcontroller. If someone is interested please reply in this tread, I hope I can find someone to make a small series of this electronics.

Please note that the radio interface is not part of LK8000 yet. It is a fork of LK8000 as an experimental project.
AL

Edited by - AlphaLima on 15/10/2014 23:36:35

rmerigan
Falchetto

Australia
177 Posts

Posted - 16/10/2014 :  02:19:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One of the biggest problems for HG and PG is changing frequency whilst flying, gloves, access etc.
The only problem is we use handheld radios and so far I cannot find one with remote control.
Apart from that I think it's a great feature.
Go to Top of Page

alberio
Pulcino

Brazil
8 Posts

Posted - 16/10/2014 :  04:01:57  Show Profile  Visit alberio's Homepage  Click to see alberio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
do not understand, what you need? produce in series? or produce one for you?

quote:
Originally posted by AlphaLima

Soon or later we all (in europe) need a new 8,33kHz radio, so I decided to buy a new one.
Of course I wanted to connect it to LK.
Here is the result:

Unfortuneatly I needed to make an interface electronics with a microcontroller. If someone is interested please reply in this tread, I hope I can find someone to make a small series of this electronics.

Please note that the radio interface is not part of LK8000 yet. It is a fork of LK8000 as an experimental project.
AL

Alberio Lima
Go to Top of Page

AlphaLima

Germany
1862 Posts

Posted - 16/10/2014 :  08:21:27  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
-In case we find 20 or more people interested in buying this interface I would make a small series or maybe we find someone (vendor) who is interested to do so.
-The K6 Mux has the potential to include my radio interface by modifying the firmware only, but they will not change anything for only a few people, of course.
So I'm just checking how much people are interested.

For my electronics:
-The price is hard to predict as it is very much dependend on the volume but I would guess arround 100Ä (without housing).
-The power consumption is less than 80mA@12V but I think I can bring it down to less than 40mA.
-as shown in my video it is bi directional, a simpler unidrectional version (LK->Radio communication only) is possible and cheaper.

Edited by - AlphaLima on 16/10/2014 13:20:34
Go to Top of Page

brunotl
Pterodattilo

France
735 Posts

Posted - 16/10/2014 :  11:45:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
this system is compatible with some radios or only one ?
Go to Top of Page

12Fly
Aquilotto

Netherlands
207 Posts

Posted - 16/10/2014 :  12:48:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AlphaLima

-In case we find 20 or more people interested in buying this interface I would make a small series or maybe we find someone (vendor) who is interested to do so.
-The K6 Mux has the potential to include my radio interface but they will not change the firmware for only a few people, of course.
So I'm just checking how much people are interested.

For my electronics:
-The price is hard to predict as it is very much dependend on the volume but I would guess arround 100Ä (without housing).
-The power consumption is less than 80mA@12V but I think I can bring it down to less than 40mA.
-as shown in my video it is bi directional, a simpler unidrectional version (LK->Radio communication only) is possible and cheaper.

Interesting project, our club has chosen the KRT2 as replacement for the "old" 25kHz radios.
Sadly, I can't predict if our treasurer is interested as well and is willing to contribute......

I.I. van der Bijl

Edited by - 12Fly on 16/10/2014 13:02:31
Go to Top of Page

AlphaLima

Germany
1862 Posts

Posted - 16/10/2014 :  12:48:55  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by brunotl

this system is compatible with some radios or only one ?

I made it for mine (Dittel) at the first stage, but in principal it possible for others as well. I recently got the Becker interface description. If I get a Becker Device I will implement the Becker protocoll as well.

Generally the interface would not be needed if the radio manufactures would use a NMEA compatible protocol and would have adjustable baudrates. The Dittel only supports 9k6Bd and their own binary protocol. The Becker is similar. Donít know anything about the f.u.n.k.e radios or others.
Go to Top of Page

Birdy01
New Entry

Netherlands
3 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2014 :  17:00:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is great! I'd be interested to buy an interface. This is perfect to omit buying a second seat radio repeater. Our radio is a Becker AR 6201.

Is this functionality already implemented in LK8000??
Go to Top of Page

AlphaLima

Germany
1862 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2014 :  13:51:42  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Not yet, please contact K6-team for the protocol converter. If there are enough people willing to buy such interface (K6-MUX) they will adopt my generic protocol converter. K6 already got the source code from me. The functionality will become part of LK (and XCS as well I suppose) as soon the hardware is commercially available.

Edited by - AlphaLima on 28/11/2014 13:54:53
Go to Top of Page

AlphaLima

Germany
1862 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2015 :  22:00:00  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
After one year of "in flight" testing I must say the RadioActiv is a great feature which really decreases workload an increases the willing to contact ATC/airfields.

As you can see in the video, setting the frequency in the Radio of a (near) airfield or airspace is just 3 Clicks on the PNA.

So we decided to make it a real part of LK8000.

If your PNA has 2 COM Ports (e.g. Oudie2, Vertica V2, Gliderguider, Kobo via OTG) you can use the native KRT2 driver for a direct connection.

If not (older PNAs), you may need some glue electronics.
I made a little "do it yourself" Project based on the widely used "easy to use" Arduino platform.

For details I made a small manual using the RadioActive feature
https://app.box.com/s/5gr94ahg6l1bnlsmtqo2d9df0etfgh0r

The Arduino integration opens a door to a lot of "easy to integrate" connectivity options, such as:
-rotary knobs (e.g zooming)
-push buttons
-gear/flap switches
-temperature/humidity sensors
-Flap LEDs
-LCD displays
-buzzer
-accelometers
-compass sensors
.... even an AHRS is possible.

Edited by - AlphaLima on 11/12/2015 16:59:24
Go to Top of Page

ernst-dieter
Falchetto

Germany
199 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2015 :  08:42:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well done!
Go to Top of Page

rexfux
Pulcino

48 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2016 :  12:15:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First of all, Happy new year to all of you. I made a cable to connect a V7 ,the KRT2 and the V2.I loaded also the alpha version 5.3gO which include the KRT2 driver. Everything works as expected but unfortunately this alpha release of LK8000 is not yet stable ( some time display freezes but touchscreen is still responding by a sound).
This feature is a real plus because it reduce the workload during flight. When will the KRT2 driver be included in a stable LK8000 version?

Henri Fussner
Go to Top of Page

AlphaLima

Germany
1862 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2016 :  18:29:12  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rexfux

When will the KRT2 driver be included in a stable LK8000 version?

Henri Fussner

Hmm strange,
which device are you using?
can you reproduce the freeze? How?
Does it freeze without the KRT2 driver as well?

Edited by - AlphaLima on 01/01/2016 18:29:43
Go to Top of Page

rexfux
Pulcino

48 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2016 :  18:48:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello alphaLima,
I'm using a vertica V2. I'll continue to use this alpha version of LK8000 and try to get more accurate informations about the circumstance when the freeze occurs. I'll let you know.

Henri
Go to Top of Page

AlphaLima

Germany
1862 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2016 :  15:06:08  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Henri,
just to be sure. You need a valid GPS signal, otherwise LK will continiously restart the COM Port which causes freezing the map during restart. I suspect previously it was generated by the internal GPS on Port 2 which is now in use by the KRT2 driver. So you must feed the V7 with NMEA data for proper testing.
Go to Top of Page

rexfux
Pulcino

48 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2016 :  17:49:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi AlphaLima,

The GPS signal is coming from a flarm through the V7 which makes the RS232/TTL conversion before going to COM7 of LK8000(portA, V7 driver). The KRT2 signal after RS232/TTL conversion is going to COM8 of LK8000(portB, KRT2 driver). As I said this configuration works but I experienced 2 display freezes which I'm not capable yet do document precisely. I was suspecting the LK8000V6alpha04dec2015 which includes the KRT2 driver and which I'm using.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Suggerimenti dello staff:

Note legali (italiano):
Privacy Policy Cookie Policy
Legal notice (english):
Privacy Policy Cookie Policy

PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - P.I. 05264240960