PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Hardware
 Mio M400 + external NMEA input
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DickVentus
Pulcino

United Kingdom
16 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2014 :  23:37:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I am new to this forum and can see many of you have been successful running LK8000 on a Mio M400 with external data inputs. I am having problems connecting an LX Nano logger to my Mio M400 running LK8000 V3.0a so I can get the pressure altitude and have an alternative GPS source in my Ventus.

I have tried using the USB to serial and PSU adapter cable supplied with the nano and also the Glidertools RS232 to USB cable with the links set to default for the Mio as per their instructions.
The internal GPS works ok on Device B = Com2 at 57600 baud but I cannot get any communication through the mini USB port. I have tried all of the ports one at a time. The Nano logger is working ok and I can get the NMEA data into my PC through the Nano USB adapter cable at 57600 baud.
I have "Use baro altitude" ON in config / system page 5.
Questions.
1. Which com port and which Device A or B connects to the mini USB connector on the M400 ?
2. Is the baud rate important, always assuming it matches what the Nano is set to?
3. Does it matter whether device A or B is for the external data ?
4. Are there any other settings I need to make ?
5. Is there a program available for scanning the com ports to find what is active?
I hope some experts out there can help me.

Richard

DickVentus
Pulcino

United Kingdom
16 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2014 :  23:55:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The problem is solved - one faulty Glidertools RS232 to USB cable and one wrong cable used with the LX Nano serial adapter.
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2014 :  00:55:51  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
a double problem.. quite nasty! congratulations for sorting it out!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy