PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Paragliders
 Paragliding and QNH auto-calibration
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

edy
New Entry

3 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2012 :  08:56:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I use LK version 3.1e on Holux 60CS with baro-altimeter.
QNH auto-calibration from terrain is working well, but doesn't work calibration from close "home airport" waypoint.

My question is: there is a way how to turn ON auto-calibration from "home airport" in paragliding mode?
I have in list of my waypoints starting places with correct altitude.
My idea was, that if I am close to "home airport" or other starting place (for example < 100m), the baro pressure will be set in order to match the home airport or near starting place.
Now is working only terrain calibration, but accuracy is often insufficient.
Thank you for answer.

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2012 :  12:24:20  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think, if I remember correctly, that for paragliders the home altitude for autocalibration is not used.
You are right concerning the "near waypoint" . I think it has to be fixed.
Go to Top of Page

edy
New Entry

3 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2012 :  14:24:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Coolwind for your answer, yes, I think too that this home altitude is not used for paraglider.
If will be working "near waypoint" it will be very useful for better calibration.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy