PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Change requests and new features list
 PROSOAR.DE and import of cup-task-files
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ernst-dieter
Aquilotto

Germany
203 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2012 :  15:55:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is a new web site "www.prosoar.de" at which you can (apart from other things) plan your task easily and graphically.
The export of the resulting task file ist to seeyou and xcsoar.
And the seeyou-task-file is ASCII (cup).

As a suggestion; it would be nice to be able to import these seeyou-cup-task-files.

Turbo2
Pulcino

5 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2012 :  00:37:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
btw the stupidsoar task file format is text-based too. it is an XML format and pretty much explains itself. should be easy to implement as there is a least one open-source parser already. :)

Edited by - Coolwind on 25/05/2012 01:07:16
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2012 :  01:03:33  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
btw Tobias you must have some problems understanding what I asked you by email, and in public here.

In case people is wondering: why doesnt LK want to accept any contribution from xcsoar, here is one latest reason, a real shame.

A few weeks ago we delivered the "competition version" , to fullfill some US rules.
With much surprise, the xcsoar team leader Max Kellermann did publish this amazing message on the usenet.

https://groups.google.com/group/rec.aviation.soaring/browse_thread/thread/e3b4b149cfa27fb3/f87ac274763d8a7d?hl=it&lnk=gst&q=LKCOMPETITION#f87ac274763d8a7d

and particularly

I have already written a patch for LK8000 that pretends to be
"LKCOMPETITION" but doesn't actually disable the horizon:

http://git.xcsoar.org/cgit/max/lk8000.git/commit/?id=67c52a848e6b0ab6...

Given the existence of this patch, contest organizers cannot be sure
whether a pilot's PNA runs an approved LK8000 version or a fake
full-featured version with my patch.

So this is what you call cooperation, helping people, friendship etc.
Do me and us a favour Tobias: unsubscribe and let us forget this shame.

Go to Top of Page

staylo2
New Entry

2 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2012 :  10:35:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The link is http://git.xcsoar.org/cgit/max/lk8000.git/commit/?id=67c52a848e6b0ab675a3c0cf615859495c5818d2

It's pretty clear that Max meant it as a demonstration of the futility of competition / no horizon versions (including the no horizon variant of XCSoar). I find it very hard to believe anyone capable of compiling a version of LK8000 or XCSoar would have had problems constructing this patch independently.
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2012 :  11:43:13  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No it is not pretty clear at all. This was a deliberate attack to our work.
Simply because that patch is worth nothing! Do you think we are all stupid here?

This shame is permanently blocking any cooperation between our projects until Kellermann is removed from your team. I dont want to deal with Kellermann and with people around him.
If this is not enough clear, I will come on xcsoar forum soon invading it with messages explaining the whole thing.

Now please, for the last time,stop writing on this forum or you will get my answers directly on yours.

Go to Top of Page

staylo2
New Entry

2 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2012 :  15:51:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't understand how this patch can simultaneously be 'an attack' and 'worthless'. The recent 'FLARM validator' executable (which can make any IGC file appear to be an approved trace generated by an IGC-approved FLARM logger) is an example of what I'd call an 'attack' because it drastically reduced the technical ability required to circumvent the security. But I think the point Max was making is that for someone with enough technical ability to compile the code, it's extremely trivial to bypass any functionality lockout - whether the code in question is LK8000's 'competition edition' or the 'No Horizon' release of XCSoar. The technical ability required to compile the code is much higher than that required to independently construct the patch.

I see no reason why Max contributing to XCSoar should stop him from expressing his individual opinion, and I definitely don't think 'removing' him from the team would stop him :)

Feel free to move (ie copy and paste the text, or link back) this discussion to the XCSoar forum at http://www.xcsoar.org/forum/ - preferably not the mailing lists.
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2012 :  16:44:40  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It was an attack because it was subtly suggesting to the sport committee that the LK competition version was useless and anyone could fake it.
It was worthless because this assertion was just plain FALSE.
And it seems you dont even understand why, although you are supposed to be a developer in xcsoar team.
But I shall explain it once more to you, for the next time.
Your supposely faked version of LK Competition will not pass any test of checksums over the executable.
It is like printing money with a Canon printer.

I dont want to have anything to share with you guys. Have a nice time.

Go to Top of Page

ernst-dieter
Aquilotto

Germany
203 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2012 :  16:53:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Apart from the above discussion, Paolo, what do you think about the import possibility of the described seeyou-cup-task-files? Any chance?
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2012 :  17:05:56  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, task format will be textual in LK, but I cannot say if this will happen before or after summer.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy