PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Change requests and new features list
 Start Task issue
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

soarAK
Pulcino

USA
74 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2012 :  23:32:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
MPusz,

thank you that is exactly what I am asking for.
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2012 :  00:07:48  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Do the test yourself, Mat.
Arm advance set.
Load a task. Start , go back, and see that the start sector is still to be armed, like it is expected to be. Right?
Go to Top of Page

bushav
Falchetto

103 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2012 :  03:43:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just simulated exiting the start cylinder and then reentering it. I used the various options. I like the method where you arm the start and then the other cylinders auto advance. When you reenter the start cylinder LK8000 reminds you to rearm start. I can't think of anything more intuitive than what you guys already have.

With SoarPilot it would occasionally restart the task if you crossed the start cylinder later in the task. I disliked that feature and was unable to work around it. Manually arming the start such as in LK8000 prevents the computer from giving me a restart without my desiring it.

I vote that the cylinder advance options are left "just as they are". Maybe rename "Advance Start" to "Arm Start" and "Advance Restart" to "Arm Restart".

Lane

Edited by - bushav on 12/03/2012 03:45:17
Go to Top of Page

MPusz
Aquila imperiale

Poland
683 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2012 :  08:34:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are not talking about removing anything here. I bet that most of you are happy with either 'Arm Start' or 'Auto' and I pretty sure that most of you use 'Auto' because it is much easier to use for cross country flying or RT competition tasks. The problem is that for AAT task you have to use 'Arm' an that means that all task points have to be armed manually. As it has a lot of sense in case of AAT turnpoints there are a lot of pilots that would like to see 'Auto' like behavior on start and there is no such mode in LK for now. It is why soarAK suggests adding a new mode that may be vital for flying AAT tasks. And in fact he is not the first one requesting such a change.
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2012 :  10:27:25  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As far as I can understand: setting to Auto right now would need to do task restart (a couple of clicks). So all of this is about making the task restart manual, in practice.
Go to Top of Page

MPusz
Aquila imperiale

Poland
683 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2012 :  19:09:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
'Auto' mode starts/restarts the task each time you cross the start line and you do not have to bother about that at all. 'Arm' lacks that feature that may be really useful in crowded start sector of AAT task on competitions.
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2012 :  20:59:05  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
An Arm mode, with Auto only for start?
Go to Top of Page

MPusz
Aquila imperiale

Poland
683 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2012 :  21:32:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Exactly :-)
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2012 :  03:49:09  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OK I think this is a change request, so we must schedule it as a development enhancement not as a bug fix.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy