PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Delta/Hang Gliders
 Top Right Short-Click Custom Key for PG/HG (DONE)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

eric.carden
Aquilotto

USA
220 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2011 :  19:51:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Could we PG/HG pilots have a short-click top right custom key, please? :-)

Currently, for us, the top right custom key is hard-coded (not customizable) such that a long-click here shows the current coordinates (or initiates a task restart when starting a task with start gates). However, a short-click here does nothing (except zoom in) – and can’t be programmed to do anything. In glider mode, however, this “key” (short-click only) can be customized.

I prefer short clicks where ever possible, as it’s harder to do a long click in flight (especially in turbulence) and requires more hands-off-the-bar/brakes time. So an extra short-click custom key would be nice.

Also, I fly more with LK in Condor (simulator) than in real life. My Condor flying is always in “glider” mode, and my real-life flying is (almost) always in PG/HG mode. In order for my simulator time to be as applicable to real life as possible, I’d like LK to be as alike for glider and PG/HG pilots as possible, saving any differences for things that are really significant. I don’t see enough of a glider-PG/HG difference here to warrant having a short-click top right custom key available to glider pilots but not to PG/HG pilots.

In summary, I recommend enabling the short-click top right custom key for PG/HG users, while at the same time preserving the current long-click functionality of this key for PG/HG users.

What do you think?

Eric

Edited by - Coolwind on 08/12/2011 23:50:59

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2011 :  23:05:07  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I must look in the source if we can do it without risking some problems.
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2011 :  23:50:33  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes it is possible and I have done it.

I had some doubts because the long click here is used also during time gates for task reset.
But really there is no problem to let it be configurable with a customkey.
Simply because: by default it is Disabled, which is exactly as it works now.
The difference is that it will be configurable like for gliders.

I think it is a good idea, and I have made it permanent already.
Go to Top of Page

eric.carden
Aquilotto

USA
220 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2011 :  16:44:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awesome! You rock! Thanks.

Eric
Go to Top of Page

eric.carden
Aquilotto

USA
220 Posts

Posted - 16/02/2012 :  21:47:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was just looking this over and noticed that the online help for this (top right) custom key still says that it's unavailable for PG/HG pilots. I suppose this help text needs revising to reflect this change. :-)

Eric

Edited by - eric.carden on 16/02/2012 21:48:17
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 17/02/2012 :  01:05:05  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ok thanks I have fixed it!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.18 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy