PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 General Support
 Final Glide Including a Turnpoint
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

alstonbk
Pulcino

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2011 :  00:21:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Apologies if this has been covered previously! I have been looking through forum posts and LK8000 manual for a reference to having LK8000 provide final glide information that includes a turnpoint.

Does LK8000 have the capability to do final glide calculations to include a turnpoint? For example, a final glide not directly to the finish point from current location but through an intermediate point then to finish point.

Brad Alston

davesalmon
Pterodattilo

United Kingdom
1620 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2011 :  07:52:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I(t's on p 5 of setup system. Also in Task menu
Go to Top of Page

alstonbk
Pulcino

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2011 :  05:54:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Checking my assumption then...the Auto Force Final Glide 'ON' would switch the display of information to final glide (like Req.E, NextETA, and glide bar indications) to my finish point whenever I am within final glide range (even around a turnpoint) given current Mc STF calculated L/D. Am I close?

Thank you for educating me as I figure out the software...which I happen to think is very well done.

Brad Alston
Go to Top of Page

davesalmon
Pterodattilo

United Kingdom
1620 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2011 :  09:09:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You will have 2 sets of information on the screen. Set Multitarget (top LH corner) to T. The glide bar on the L will show height needed to complete the whole task (after launch it will show the height needed to get to the start, go round 2 turnpoints and get to finish of a triangle say), and at centre R of screen will be shown height required for next turnpoint, which might be Start. This will change automatically to the next TP if you set Auto on p 14.
Go to Top of Page

smielek00
Pulcino

45 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2011 :  16:14:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Which font should one change to get bigger numbers on the left (for final)? It is a bit small (actually much smaller than the one on right side.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

alstonbk
Pulcino

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2011 :  21:26:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah...Thank you davesalmon! With your help, and playing with this is sim mode, I understand it much better! I need to play in real mode! ;)

Brad Alston
Go to Top of Page

wrogers
Pulcino

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2021 :  00:58:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After many years of using LK8000 I just noticed a VERY IMPORTANT SETTING to turn off when flying on contest tasks.

Turn off this:

FAI finish height: OFF

This is on the System Setup Menu 14 --> TASK RULES

If ON it makes sure your start altitude is not less than the FAI altitude loss of 1km (3281ft). Causes you to finish way too high... Ask me how I know this. It costs me points on a recent National competition.

Now final gliding around a turnpoint works as expected.

Walt Rogers WX

Walter Rogers
Palmdale, California
Discus 2a "WX"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy