PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 General Support
 Bug: V 2.3b crashes on HTC HD2 (Win Mob 6.5)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Kai
Aquilotto

Germany
201 Posts

Posted - 25/06/2011 :  10:50:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi developers,
I flew a few hours yesterday. When I want to configure the system via "config" -> "config" -> "Setup System" the software crashes sometimes in flying mode and almost each time in simulation mode at the moment when I press "Setup System".
Best regards
Kai

Edited by - Kai on 25/06/2011 10:52:48

parapenT1sta
Pterodattilo

Portugal
1864 Posts

Posted - 25/06/2011 :  11:28:13  Show Profile  Visit parapenT1sta's Homepage  Click to see parapenT1sta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Are you using an SD Card? Sometimes the SD Card get corrupted. The best thing is to format it and re-install LK8000 or use another SD Card
Go to Top of Page

Kai
Aquilotto

Germany
201 Posts

Posted - 25/06/2011 :  12:50:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good idea!
I copied the complete LK8000 directory from sd-card to the internal drive of HD2 with the same result; it crashes. I also copied this directory to the pc. Running the LK8000-PC.exe does not result in a crash. My conclusion is that the problem is not the sd-card.

Edited by - Kai on 25/06/2011 16:19:55
Go to Top of Page

Marco from Hangar 5
Pterodattilo

Netherlands
886 Posts

Posted - 25/06/2011 :  16:20:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have also a HD2, but never experience this. Made 3 and 5 hour flights with 2.2C without a glitch. Do test at home several times with LK8000 running for hours as well and then extensively try several settings, so maybe half the time I am busy in System Setup.. no problems whatsoever. I made a 45 minute flight with 2.3B last week, no problem (LK was running for much longer before the flight started)

Tip: Go into task manager and close everything you do not need, certainly other navigation programs that might use the GPS or Bluetooth if you use Blue tooth for external GPS connection. Make sure ActiveSync is closed! its notorious for being intrusive and cause problems (not only with LK8000). When I want to run LK8000 for a flight, I simply close all other applications, so task manager is EMPTY before starting LK8000.

When flying, set the HD2 in flight mode, so the phone, wifi, data connectivity and Bluetooth are closed.. when all connections closed, start Bluetooth if you need that for external GPS connection. Side effect: This saves A LOT of energy so the HD2 can be used longer from the internal battery.

SD card should be of class 6 or better

Last but not least, make sure you have installed the latest ROM (kinda firmware/operating system specially compiled for the HD2), which you can download from the official HTC website. I have learned from other forums the older roms were buggy and caused crashes, the last one is very stable. (last ROM on the Dutch HTC website is dated 22-12-2010). Also install the Last software Updates.

I hope this helps!

Marco
BU (PH-588)
Mini Nimbus HS7, s/n 039
http://www.zweef.nl/
Zweefvliegcentrum Noordkop, NETHERLANDS

Edited by - Marco from Hangar 5 on 25/06/2011 16:25:20
Go to Top of Page

Marco from Hangar 5
Pterodattilo

Netherlands
886 Posts

Posted - 25/06/2011 :  16:35:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did you try delete the current installation, download and unpack the original LK8000 zipfile and copy th efresh files to the SD card? Reading your question again, it seems the system setup module is broken.

Before installing your own maps, airspace and waypoinst and configure for your own settings, try the original LK8000 installation demo.. if that works OK, maybe something is wrong with your files.

Did you check the runtime log? Maybe that tells you what is going wrong.

Marco
BU (PH-588)
Mini Nimbus HS7, s/n 039
http://www.zweef.nl/
Zweefvliegcentrum Noordkop, NETHERLANDS
Go to Top of Page

Kai
Aquilotto

Germany
201 Posts

Posted - 25/06/2011 :  18:31:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Marco,
I have the latest rom. I have the hd2 since 2 weeks and I checked it.
I just made your suggestions: I bought a new SD-card (13Euros for 4Gig), installed LK vom scratch, installed my files and configured the software (V 2.2). This version has basic directory name LK8000_no_upgrade. I copied this installation to basic directory LK8000 and on this one I made the 2.3b upgrade by unzipping the upgrade file onto the existing files. In V2.2 there is no problem with "config" -> "config" -> "Setup System" but 2.3b crashes.
Best regards
Kai

Edited by - Kai on 25/06/2011 18:34:01
Go to Top of Page

Kai
Aquilotto

Germany
201 Posts

Posted - 25/06/2011 :  20:45:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I found a dependency. I have a big waypoint (500kb) file and a big airspace file (900kb). My map files are GER_BLACK_FOREST_500.DEM (4mb) and GER_BLACK_FOREST.LKM (1,6mb)
If I change the map files to demo files It works. If I change it again I get an error like "not enough memory" and furthermore it is not possible to get into System config (but it is not neccessary to enforce the memory message before).
Can you imagine that there is an error with file or memory management?
Kai

Edited by - Kai on 26/06/2011 00:11:00
Go to Top of Page

rkalman
Falchetto

Hungary
175 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2011 :  20:34:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Kai,
could you make your waypoint and airspace file available for testing? I also have a hd2.
Best,
Kalman

Ps, I think this is related to some kind of memory problem, something do not able to load, as you noted.

Edited by - rkalman on 26/06/2011 20:35:53
Go to Top of Page

Kai
Aquilotto

Germany
201 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2011 :  21:27:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Kalman,
yes of course I'd like to make the files available. Here I don't find a button to upload them. Can you make me an offical way available? Otherwise I would define a way. But be aware of: I changed the files to black_forest.lkm and _500.dem what forced the problems (and all files together work with 2.2)
Best regards
Kai

Edited by - Kai on 26/06/2011 21:46:32
Go to Top of Page

rkalman
Falchetto

Hungary
175 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2011 :  21:42:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Use any file sharing portal (www.senduit.com), or send it to me by email.

Ok, I understand you have changed map files, but this is a memory problem, and I think it is related your big airsp&wp files. Big maps+big airspaces leads to no memory, i think.

Edited by - rkalman on 26/06/2011 21:54:14
Go to Top of Page

rkalman
Falchetto

Hungary
175 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2011 :  22:04:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kai,
Check the available memory before you run lk. You can find the resinfo.exe inside lk8000\_System\_CEUtilities.
On my hd2 it shows 198M free program memory space. I use 4.63M + 2.16M mapset, like yours without any problem.
Go to Top of Page

peclik
Pulcino

Czech Republic
63 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2011 :  22:51:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There's known memory allocation problem in LK8000 (and hard to investigate) - using one map, then choosing in config other map (big one) leads to memory allocation problem.
Usually, there is no problem if you set big map and then restart LK8000 (exit and start again), so try it.

(198 MB free system memory has no relevance, since programs under Win CE have limited available heap about 24MB, in LK's log there's real available amount logged.)
Go to Top of Page

Kai
Aquilotto

Germany
201 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2011 :  00:16:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi rklman and peclik,
here is the link to the used files (senduit.com does not work):

http://www.kl-development.de/download_temp/download_temp.htm

On my HD2 I can find enough memory (Data and programs). That is not the reason.
@peclik: This time there is a problem going your suggested way, thanks for advice. In my opinion we have to find the reason for this memory allocation or drive behaviour. Why are we limited to about 4MB map file size? I loaded 60MB on XCSoar without problems.

Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2011 :  13:34:20  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
500k cup waypoints mean around 15 thousands waypoint or more.
Too much, I can guess.
Go to Top of Page

Kai
Aquilotto

Germany
201 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2011 :  17:25:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Coolwind, what you can guess seems to be right. But why?

It is half of one MB and for any kind of hand held computer not a problem (And for those it is they can take smaller files). The advantage is that I always have the waypoints loaded I need and it cost less than 10 seconds to load. I would like to do that with maps like this so I would not need to take care if I fly in northen Germany or southern Alps.
At all it seems like if changing a map file something happens to the loaded waypoints (may be they get loaded twice?).

I'd like to know why LK is that restrictive with storage space.
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2011 :  18:28:35  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
First, windows CE has a limit of total 32M per process, including all of its threads.
So the real available memory is 32M even if you have 2G, on a CE device.
Second, each waypoint has a memory space dedicated internally, for calculations.
Third, we are storing text (waypoint name and comment) as unicode, thus it takes twice as much.
So it depends much on the waypoint file you are using. As suggested one week ago to another user, in config menu 1.1 use "exclude waypoint out of terrain" to reduce the number of waypoints loaded, excluding those that are not part of the current DEM map.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy