PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Development Updates
 VERSION 2.1D available
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2011 :  18:27:14  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This version is the last one before important changes in LK toward the next 2.2 version.

Some bug fixes are solving annoying but non critical problems.
A critical problem for me is a problem that appears during the flight, not in the hangar. We strive to deliver software that does not have any critical problem at the cost of slowing down development.

New things: font smoothing is now configurable, for those that want to control character antialiasing fonts.
New screen locking for paragliders and a new sim mode pan positioning very very very comfortable!
From this version paragliders do not have AAT anymore, and all of their tasks have turnpoints individually configurable for cylinder or sector size.

The LX saga may have got to an end with this version, hopefully: theorically LK should be able to declare a task on LX colibri, Nano, LX20, Posigraph, LX5000 and 7000. But since we do not have these devices, we shall test with your help.

I am also happy to announce that Mateusz (mpusz) has delivered the test engine for the new LK OLC realtime calculator. It is very fast, and 99% accurate already, in test version!
We should be able to provide the OLC calculator embedded in next version 2.1e. Mat did a wonderful and very difficult work, alone. But he shall be reporting and announcing the OLC functions when they will be ready in production version. This is only a "teaser".

Ok, here comes the usual list of stuff.
Download from www.bware.it/LK8000/LK8000-210D.ZIP

VERSION 2.1d 110309
======================================================================================

NEW

- New Setup Setting for Font Smoothing
System Page 11 choose from None, Default, Antialiasing and Cleartype.
On some devices/resolution/orientation sometimes one choice is better than the other.

- New SCREEN LOCKING system for paragliders.
This feature is available only in Para/Hang Gliding mode.
A new menu button is available in Config 1/3 page: LOCK SCREEN.
This feature is available only while not flying, and thus no takeoff was detected,
otherwise it is blanked and you cannot click on it.
Locking the screen will help paragliders not to have LK react to keypresses during the
takeoff , when the pilot is in a critical phase.
Screen will report "SCREEN IS LOCKED", and will remain locked until 10 SECONDS AFTER TAKEOFF.
After 10 seconds from takeoff detected, the screen will be AUTOMATICALLY unlocked.
If the pilot for any reason wants to unlock the screen, he can double-click on screen any
time to do it.
When the screen is locked, no function can be used on the touch screen, but hardware keys
are still operational.

- New SIM pan mode: you can now position the aircraft in pan mode during simulations in any point
of the screen, and not only in the sight-centered, with a long click on the map.
Example: start SIM mode, enter PAN mode, move the map where you want, choose a point on the map
where you want to position the aircraft, and press with your finger for a couple of seconds on that point.
Basically, earlier you could only long-click on the center, and it was complicated to position the
map center exactly on the point selected for the new aircraft desired reposition. Now it is very easy.

CHANGES

- AAT permanently ON for paragliders in configuration.
With non-AT looking settings, though.

- Outlined thermal circle also for paragliders

BUGFIX

- Bugfix Home Waypoint on multitarget not updated when unreachable
and not the same as a task point, or an alternate itself.

- Bugfix finish line or sector not appearing when a task had only 2 turnpoints including start.

- Bugfix Waypoint parser loading unusual CUP files may crash the software while loading configuration

- Bugfix task restart was advancing to second turnpoint after start, if previously had passed
first turnpoint after start! This problem was here since ever.

- Bugfix loading airspaces, with faulty files might crash the software

- Attempt to prevent possible problem with Battery Manager messages.

- (refix LX declaration for non standard ASCII waypoint names)

- (Infobox Title and description string terminations fixed)
The description _and_ title also displayed if description was too long,
because of description null termination missing.

- (Fix bug Target 4.x page with _@M1008 and 1002 values appearing)

VERSION 2.1c 110218
======================================================================================

NEW

- Task declaration for LX Nano, LX Colibri
- Transparent Variometer Bar (options selectable inside variometer bar color config)
- New custom device LK8EX1 for external instruments sending baro and vario to LK

CHANGES

- Heap space memory check (TO USE!)
- Center area for nearest pages selection is enlarged
- Startup sequence will issue more detailed messages if directories are missing,
pointing the user to the real problem and solution

BUGFIX
- 2.1b problem with tokens over 999
- 2.1b bug DSX coordinates in task declaration (not a Mat's bug! Specs were wrong).
- 2.1b bug Battery Level warnings would crash the software
- OAT Outside Air Temperature not shown below 1 C degree. Now valid from -50 to 99C

VERSION 2.1b

NEW

- Logger fields "Competition Class" and "Competition ID".
Class example> Standard ID Example> AG

- Airspace Class G

- Semi-transparent airspace area configuration. This will also fix problems on HTC D2 .
Using semitransparent will slow down a bit other devices, but only a bit.

- Transparent bottom bar, configurable inside system config menu 11 "Appearance".
Using 0% or 100% opacity will make no impact on drawing speed because alphablending will not
be used in these two cases, and by default 60% is used.
Help:
Defines how much transparent (->0%) / opaque (->100%) will be the bottom bar area on the map .
Normally the bar is black with white text, and can be reverted to white with black text on it.
Setting <30% opacity the bottom bar will be very transparent, and text color will be forced reversed.
Some combinations of opacity and reverse colors may not be suitable to navigation, but there are
infinite combinations to choose from.
Using 0% or 100% (full transparency or full opacity) will speed up the software a bit.
Another famous 8000 instrument is using 75% opacity.
Default is 60%.

- New device DSX supporting task declaration

- New device Flytec FLYSEN protocol, preliminar support

- New Com message "GPS data error " when using wrong baud rate on a com port

CHANGES

- Faster topology painting when huge topo maps were used.

- Waypoint Out of Terrain selection back in configuration page 1
Use "exclude" if you are loading big continental waypoint file databases

- McCready Overlay choice in Engineering menu 1 is now saved to profile

- NEW AUTO ZOOM

1. AutoZoom bugs:
- Changing zoom in Circling Zoom disables AutoZoom
- Changing zoom in PAN mode disables AutoZoom
- Enabling AutoZoom in PAN mode disables PAN mode
- Panorama Zoom not working when AutoZoom is enabled
- Enabling AutoZoom in Panorama Zoom destroys Panorama Zoom behavior
- AutoZoom corrupts circling and cruise zoom if waypoint switched during
circling mode

2. Other bugs:
- Changing ZOOM in PAN mode changes fly zoom
- Panorama Zoom corrupts fly zoom if fly mode (circling/cruise) change
in the meantime
- Panorama Zoom changes PAN zoom when expired
- Opening TargetPan during Panorama Zoom destroys Panorama Zoom
- Pan Mode while Panorama Zoom expiration destroys fly zoom level
- PANORAMA zoom does not remember its zoom value

New design:
1. Provides separate zoom levels for each of the following:
- CRUISE
- CIRCLING (if CirclingZoom is enabled in SystemSetup)
- PANORAMA
- AUTO_ZOOM
- PAN
- TARGET_PAN
2. Zoom is switched together with a switch of flight mode, and a zoom
for previous mode is always remembered and restored. Exception here is:
- AUTO_ZOOM - that when switched on will always calculate the best zoom
for the next waypoint (CRUISE zoom if a waypoint is far away
or calculated zoom if closer)
- PAN - that when switched on will init with the the zoom factor of
previous mode (current zoom factor)
- TARGET_PAN - that when switched on will always calculate the best zoom
for the presentation of the waypoint in subject
3. AutoZoom will be turned off on pilot's manual zoom change action only
if CRUISE_ZOOM is currently used. That means that a pilot can freely
adjust the zoom for circling, panorama or pan without worrying about
disabling and then a need to enable AutoZoom.
4. Advancing a waypoint to the next one when AutoZoom is enabled will
always adjust CRUISE_ZOOM only (even if not active at that moment)

. Very fast loading of big waypoint files at startup

. Faster response of user interface when using big waypoint files

. It is now possible to load over 8000 waypoints while still keeping good user interface
response

. Task declaration messages are more detailed
. Progress and error messages added for EW Microrecorder task declaration

. Automatic com port reset will apply after 30 seconds, previously 15 seconds, when no
nmea source feed is found.

. BestAlternate is back available also for Paragliders/Hang Gliders. Previously it was not
calculated any more, and disabled by rotary multitargets.
Para/Hang gliders disabling BestAlternate Warning inside safety config will also make it
disappear from rotary multitarget selection.

BUGFIX

- Altitude Required (AltReqD) flipping two different values, one correct and the other wrong

- Topology labels were not correctly printed using special character sets for some languages
They may result truncated.

- Volkslogger declaration possible problem

- Wrong polar for Ventus 2cT

- Some topology/terrain shapes may not be printed (expecially water areas such as small lakes)

- Choosing Waypoint Out of Terrain as "ask" would not save correctly the choice inside profile

- Lklanguage problem with incompatible language pack may crash the software on startup

- Waypoint distance overlay did not show on the first line, right corner, in half overlay mode

- Airspaces filtering too restrictive fixed
When an aircraft was inside airspace's boundary and the Anlysis dialog
airspaces draw line did not cross that boundary (because airspace is
too big) the airspace was not printed in the Analysis Airspace dialog.

- Various communication problems solved. Sometimes a device after disconnection was no more seen until a
port reset.

jwharington
New Entry

3 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  01:02:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I am also happy to announce that Mateusz (mpusz) has delivered the test engine for the new LK OLC realtime calculator. It is very fast, and 99% accurate already, in test version!
We should be able to provide the OLC calculator embedded in next version 2.1e. Mat did a wonderful and very difficult work, alone. But he shall be reporting and announcing the OLC functions when they will be ready in production version. This is only a "teaser".

Mateusz did the work alone? His code is heavily based on XCSoar's OLC engine that I wrote, with help from Max K, Tobias and others.
Please give credit where it is due.

[Actually this statement IS FALSE. We are waiting for some words from you in this thread. Take your time to verify the code of course - Paolo]

Edited by - Coolwind on 11/03/2011 01:12:44
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  01:38:31  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There has never been any problem in giving credits to people by my side, John, absolutely.
See http://www.lk8000.it/credits.html .
The OLC stuff we are talking about is not yet part of LK, first of all.
Second, I let Mateusz answer to you about the "heavily based" rework you mention.
Third, I am assuming you did read the code on github before writing such a statement
"His code is heavily based .. etc." . I confess I didn't, and have no idea of how the 6.0 is working.

Go to Top of Page

MPusz
Aquila imperiale

Poland
683 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  08:36:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi John. I am really sad that you think I violated your rights to your code that probably took a lot of time to develop. I must confess that I looked into your code. Moreover I was trying to reuse it in LK8000 and make Paolo give copyrights to all of you (even to Max :-)). I would be a fool if I did not try to do that before starting from a scratch. It is the right way to go with Open Sourced applications.

I spent a few days trying to isolate your code and test. Unfortunately I was not happy with what I ended with because:
1. I took 60 external files that would need to be merged to LK8000 (not counting KDTree)
2. I found your application really hard to understand and really complicated in design
3. I found that it does not work right (results are wrong in many cases) and I couldn't find easily how to fix it.
4. It was much too slow for my expectations

So I closed your sources and started mine without even referring to your files anymore (so you would not accuse me of copying anything). I worked a month on it. I ended up with the solution that is:
1. Shorter in terms of code lines and files - 17 files
2. Accurate - the results from all the contests are correct and affected with that much of error I assumed as acceptable (to gain performance)
3. Fast - my test application is 130x faster than yours for the same trace containing 4700 GPS fixes. Even after fixing some performance issues with your application I ended up still with 20x better performance.
4. Memory friendly - not much data stored in the application memory to make algorithm work (it may however change soon if we decide to gain even more performance)

I do not use KDTree or Dijkstra (which in fact is the most common algorithm for graphs searching all over the world) that, if I remember correctly, is a base of your solution. I think we store compressed trace in a similar way in a sorted container, but hey that is the right way to do it and most obvious decision to make if you only know STL a bit. If you accuse me only because of that than someone that invented Singleton design pattern would be a very rich guy today or Apple should accuse everyone that is using gestures in their GUI apps (LK8000 included).

Your are welcomed to look into my sources and take some ideas from it too. However if you would like to copy my solution as is to the XCSoar project please also remember about my credentials :-)
Go to Top of Page

MPusz
Aquila imperiale

Poland
683 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  09:34:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am happy to hear Max that you admit that my code is much different than yours (in your opinion simply speaking "worse"), so I assume that any accusations on violating your copyrights are not an issue anymore.
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  10:46:01  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry Mat, but I am sistematically removing any message from Max here.
Moreover, since now any message of Max will be removed here and reposted at my will on nabble list. Maybe he will stop then.

Now I'd like to hear what John has to say about your reply, and may be he can confirm that he was wrong.

Edited by - Coolwind on 10/03/2011 12:25:00
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  13:02:39  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It seems that my messages on Nabble are now "moderated".
Ok, then I remove Max access here. If he subscribes with another name, I shall do the same on Nabble.
No problems.
I shall also write an editorial on LK8000 website, currently accessed by 15 thousands users every months, when I have time.

Edited by - Coolwind on 10/03/2011 13:05:22
Go to Top of Page

cyclone
Pulcino

Ukraine
64 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  15:21:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On five different computers, we tried the PC-simulation. Does not work anywhere terrain file and the waypoints. In version "d" have the same problem. Perhaps there is some secret?

Now we make the Russian version. Files of the MENU and MSG has translated, are working on the HELP file.
Go to Top of Page

bo.
Pterodattilo

843 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  15:30:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If the demo maps and waypoints which are preconfigured in a fresh installation work ok, your map/waypoint files could be corrupted. Otherwise the installation must be messed up. Start from scratch, and be sure to put the files in the correct folders. There are no secrets..
Go to Top of Page

davesalmon
Pterodattilo

United Kingdom
1620 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  15:59:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Version D.
First font smoothing is on p. 22 not p. 11.
Tried the repositioning in SIM and couldn't make it work either on PC or 314. On 2 occasions though on the PC, after a long press only a few km away, I got a reposition message, and everything apart from the overlay disappeared. When I cycled the overlay to H, I was 3350 kms away.
Go to Top of Page

davesalmon
Pterodattilo

United Kingdom
1620 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  16:01:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Same thing has now happened on the 314.
Go to Top of Page

cyclone
Pulcino

Ukraine
64 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  16:51:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At PNA everything works, but on the PC the same files of maps and waypoints are not loaded. All the correct folders, file *. LKM loaded.
Go to Top of Page

modellbobby
Aquilotto

323 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  21:11:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@jwharington: Hi, i am really looking forward reading your answer. I hope its the real jwharington who posted :)
@Mat! Great work. Thank you very much
Go to Top of Page

cyclone
Pulcino

Ukraine
64 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  22:26:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The problem with the terrain and waypoint files are also available for ASUS Mypal 636. Today I installed the program my friend.

Font smoothing on my 7" PNA had previously worked better. Now any of the four options smoothing draws jagged letters in bottom bar. If possible, when choosing a Normal keep the old method of font smoothing.

Now does not read some of the older tracks. I checked on them to simulation mode. An example of a track in the link.
http://www.cyclone.kiev.ua/parafoto/2010-12-12-SA-Task1.IGC
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2011 :  00:26:37  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Cyclone, I have no idea of what is happening on your devices. But I can grant you that nothing has changed since 2.1c on maps loading, waypoints etc. You are experiencing a flash memory problem.
The font smoothing default is "ClearType".
I'll change None to Disabled in the next version..

Edited by - Coolwind on 11/03/2011 00:27:04
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2011 :  00:30:26  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Modelbobby, I too would like to receive an answer from John.
Meanwhile, I personally can no longer write to their forum.
Max Kellermann has attempted to write some more stupid messages here, I removed them and now he is banned.
The last message he posted was about an android device with a picture of infoboxes painted from xcsoar 6, which we can't care less.

Edited by - Coolwind on 11/03/2011 01:10:26
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.15 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy