PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Delta/Hang Gliders
 PNA/PDA
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

iwjones
New Entry

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2011 :  20:27:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I need your help. I'm not a software or hardware expert. I'm just a hang glider pilot that loves to fly and I'm real interested in acquiring a PNA/PDA that is compatable and will run LK8000.

Due to my age I need a larger screen than 4 inch. I found a PNA with internal GPS that seems like it should work. You can find it here: http://www.chinavasion.com/product_info.php/pName/7-inch-touch-screen-gps-navigator-wifi-direct-win-ce-access/

I would appreciate any feedback anyone would share with me regarding this specific device running LK8000.

Thanking you in advance,2 Isaac

zero9
Pulcino

15 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2011 :  23:13:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
frankly, I have no idea about that hardware - but following the link I saw that there is a pen foreseen as input. According to my experience, devices that need pen input on the touchscreen are difficult to be "clicked" with bare fingers (because they expect a dedicated sharp "tip" like the one on the pen), and almost impossible to be controlled with gloves....

I would recommend going to a shop and checking out touch screen and display brightness of a win CE navigation system, and if you like the "look and feel" (literally taken), give it a try...
Go to Top of Page

iwjones
New Entry

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2011 :  00:13:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I beleive your assessment of the China Vision device is accurate. I will take your advice and put my hand on other PNAs/PDAs. Isaac
Go to Top of Page

Alf
Aquilotto

Italy
210 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2011 :  23:07:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Check out this, which Paolo is working on:
http://www.postfrontal.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5318
A little small, but probably big enough for use on our hang gliders, in portrait mode, mounted on a lateral armclamp for HG.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.13 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy