PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
PF Home | International_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Development Updates
 Source code release of LK8000
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

JantarGt
Pulcino

Germany
28 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2010 :  10:27:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Max Kellermann, GO AWAY!!!

You have nothing to do with the development of LK8000 (Thank God!)

So stay out of this Forum!
Go to Top of Page

maxk
Pulcino

43 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2010 :  11:13:13  Show Profile  Visit maxk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JantarGt
You have nothing to do with the development of LK8000 (Thank God!)

Dear Thomas Gemmel, why do you think so? LK8000, being derived from XCSoar, contains some code written by me. You're just yet another grumbler basing his flames on false assumptions. Think before you post.

Given that Paolo himself posted some questions directed at me in this thread, don't you think it's ridiculous to ask me to leave?

Why does my presence bother you, anyway? Why does it make you wack out?

To all: please don't post more flames in this thread. This thread is about the LK8000 source code. Flaming me is off-topic. For flames, send email to max@duempel.org.
Go to Top of Page

cernauta
Pterodattilo

802 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2010 :  13:24:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am a friend of Paolo in the real life, and I know he's a very nice person.
I never met Max Kellerman out in the real world, but I am sure he's just as nice as Paolo.

I don't really like to see these aggressions by third persons over this lovely forum. I guess some problems have put these two gentlemen in disagreement, and something has been interpreted too personally by one or both of them.

I think the future is what matters, and it looks like the two are going to settle the argument. That would be very nice, and does justice to some people who have the development of soaring technology in the same, high consideration.

Please, stop writing and thinking about the past. Think about the future.

Aldo Cernezzi
Go to Top of Page

BigBird
Falchetto

Germany
133 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2010 :  14:09:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Agree with you, Aldo
bb
Go to Top of Page

kestrel19
Falchetto

United Kingdom
158 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2010 :  15:53:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Couldn't agree more with Aldo.

With all respect to Paolo, LK8000 wasn't created out of thin air, it was a fork of XCSoar, itself a very nice piece of software (even if no longer the first choice of most of us here). And anyone who puts in their own time to create free software for the benefit of the community deserves our gratitude.

One of the benefits of open source software is it encourages sharing and cross-fertilisation- let's hope this will survive the sort of flaming that's going on now.

Soar the big sky
Go to Top of Page

Tiberio
Falchetto

Italy
101 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2010 :  18:31:47  Show Profile  Visit Tiberio's Homepage  Click to see Tiberio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I agree with Aldo,
I think Paolo isn't a teenager so he can defend himself if he want.

Therefore Paolo ask for our "help" if he think he need "help".

I hope -and think too- Paolo and Max to meet (virtually or in real life) and to reach agreements. I'll be very happy if XCSoar developer team join to LK8000 one.

I think several forks forked-back in the i.t. history...

Ciao

Tiberio G.- sulparapendio.altervista.org
Go to Top of Page

davesalmon
Pterodattilo

United Kingdom
1583 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2010 :  19:04:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So pleased to see some common sense being talked, lets leave the stupidities to EASA, they have more than enough to go round (airspeed indicators on balloons etc). We are all pilots of paras, hangliders, or gliders, let's get on, we have enough people outside doing their best to ruin our sport. I'm very grateful to the developers of XCSoar and LK8000. They both work very well, each has it's strengths, and some will prefer one and some the other.That's life. Things have now been aired at length, now let's be friends.
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2010 :  20:35:56  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry guys just came back with no internet in the past 2 days.
First, I'd like to release the source code as tarball on sunday. Just the time to check it, set the copyrights, this kind of stuff (and I am doubtfull that it will be perfect for GPL, but hell I'll try to fix it as soon as I know what to fix).
The source has nothing to do with the DLLs, that's another issue I have to solve.

I am preparing 1.22b 1.22a 120b 118a all stable versions.
Max has asked for a lot of versions, some of them are a problem because I don't have them anymore. I mean all those weekly alphas, it is easier for me if someone want a special version to ... tell me the date.

While I think that stable versions are useful to track down problems, most of alphas are not. For example an "a" alpha versions may introduce a bug, and "f" fix it, and in the end it is very confusing studying mistakes that are then solved later.
In any case, so far only 3 persons have asked for the code, but I'd like to open a dev section here so at least we can avoid to disturb all users.

So the 1.22b source is going to be on the website for everybody on sunday evening, and hopefully also some other version.

PS
I'd like Max to tell me what source of him is inside LK8000.
There is nothing from him because I forked from a version he did not partecipate to. On monday he will be able to start checking, and tell us.

Edited by - Coolwind on 03/09/2010 21:11:49
Go to Top of Page

a.durbin
Aquilotto

USA
203 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2010 :  20:43:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I too would like access to the source but at the moment I'm only interested in 1.22b and any later releases.

thanks

[sources will be public in download, so I don't have to follow up requests by mail, Andy]

Andy (GY)

Edited by - Coolwind on 03/09/2010 21:12:56
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2010 :  15:52:35  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sources are now available! www.bware.it/listing/LKSOURCES

Versions from 118 to 122 are complete with all the stuff from the original CVS on xcsoar.
alfa9 and 116 have only the Common directory, with headers sources and data, because that's what I am usually backupping (makefile is not changing much). To compile them you may get 5.2.4 makefile and add missing files, if any, in it. I may do it if you have problems, and if anyone cares.
I made test of compilation on 118 120 122 versions, no problems.
You need mingw32 to compile it, under linux. I am told that Ubuntu has it ready to use.
I had to compile my own mingw32 version in 2008 because I am not using Ubuntu but a custom private distribution which is not commercially available.
Go to Top of Page

parapenT1sta
Pterodattilo

Portugal
1863 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2010 :  16:42:21  Show Profile  Visit parapenT1sta's Homepage  Click to see parapenT1sta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Great Paolo!!! We thank you for that!

When are you going to distribute the exe files?
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2010 :  16:46:25  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In an hour or so..
Go to Top of Page

staylo
Pulcino

49 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2010 :  18:38:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Paolo,

This is excellent news, thanks for resolving matters in this way!
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2010 :  18:47:21  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Download available right now.

Go to Top of Page

parapenT1sta
Pterodattilo

Portugal
1863 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2010 :  19:36:20  Show Profile  Visit parapenT1sta's Homepage  Click to see parapenT1sta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Where? ;)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.18 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Suggerimenti dello staff:

Note legali (italiano):
Privacy Policy Cookie Policy
Legal notice (english):
Privacy Policy Cookie Policy

PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - P.I. 05264240960