PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 General Support
 HP 31x Unlock LK8000 v2 Edition!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

parapenT1sta
Pterodattilo

Portugal
1864 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2010 :  02:20:04  Show Profile  Visit parapenT1sta's Homepage  Click to see parapenT1sta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm new HP310 owner and I just notice that I need to use the stylus pen or use the wheel to open LK8000 and because I use gloves to fly, I decide to make an unlock for HP31x with the help of Osprey (from GPSPassion forum) using one that was available on the internet.

LK8000, Navigator (HP Nav or iGO8), Bluetooth, File manager, Taskbar, Restart, Off
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7msmy13tq2q0swf/HP31x_Unlock.zip

You just need to un-zip it to the SD Card root:

You must have the LK8000 folder on the root of your SD Card because most of the buttons are linked to the \SDMMC\LK8000\_SYSTEM\_CEUTILITIES

FAQ:

Does it run iGo8?
Yes, You just need to have iGo8 on your SD Card on the folder iGo8, the unlock detects if you have iGo8 or not.

Why the Bluetooth button only work once?
Because after you open it and return to the unlock menu, you have to access to it using the bluetooth taskbar icon (Bluetooth Manager)

Edited by - parapenT1sta on 05/01/2014 17:43:05

Bastoune
Pulcino

31 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2010 :  04:33:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TiGuy82,

This is a great interface!!! It works very well and solves a annoying problem! The stylus pen with the high resolution of the 31X was indeed difficult to use. Thank you for taking the time to create such a great app. I saved the files in the root of the SD card and it worked the first time.

Quick question - Once you have launched the HP Car Navigtor from your interface, do you know by any chance if there is a way to "exit" the HP Carnav software to return to your interface menu? The only way so far that I have found to exit the HP car nav software is to reset the device.

Thanks,

Bastoune
Go to Top of Page

parapenT1sta
Pterodattilo

Portugal
1864 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2010 :  04:48:40  Show Profile  Visit parapenT1sta's Homepage  Click to see parapenT1sta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
MioPocket has an option to put minimize button on the top right corner to help close the Nav software using the taskbar but I didn't make on this unlock to try make it simple as possible. So by now the only way to get back to the menu is resetting your HP. Sorry for that. I'll try to improve it.

I uploaded a new version with LK8000 and HP nav software buttons only (no NDrive and iGO8)

Edited by - parapenT1sta on 29/08/2010 06:22:27
Go to Top of Page

davesalmon
Pterodattilo

United Kingdom
1620 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2010 :  09:41:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks brilliant, but I must have done something wrong. All the buttons work except the 2 LK8000. When I use one of the LK buttons the screen goes to the old desktop for a second, then back to the new screen with all the new buttons. My LK8000 folder is in the root. All I did was download and unzip directly to the card. If I use the Explorer(filing cabinet) button to browse, then LK opens normally, but that defeats the object. Any ideas?
Go to Top of Page

parapenT1sta
Pterodattilo

Portugal
1864 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2010 :  10:07:34  Show Profile  Visit parapenT1sta's Homepage  Click to see parapenT1sta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
What version of LK8000 do you have on your SD Card? If everything is working expect the LK8000 is maybe because you don't use the same LK8000 file I use.

LK8000FLY.mscr & LK8000SIM.mscr tells you what is the path for the Fly and Sim file (LaunchPad\Shortcuts\):

FLY file:

Kill("SystemInformation.exe")
RunWait("\SDMMC\LK8000\LK8000-PNA.exe")
Run("\SDMMC\Launchpad\SystemInformation.exe")

SIM File:

Kill("SystemInformation.exe")
RunWait("\SDMMC\LK8000\LK8000SIM-PNA.exe")
Run("\SDMMC\Launchpad\SystemInformation.exe")

Kill, closes the Unlock Menu
Runwait, opens the software
Run, re-opens the unlock menu after the Runwait software is closed

Edited by - parapenT1sta on 29/08/2010 10:08:51
Go to Top of Page

davesalmon
Pterodattilo

United Kingdom
1620 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2010 :  10:29:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am using 1.22b. I checked the paths, and they are exactly as above.
Go to Top of Page

parapenT1sta
Pterodattilo

Portugal
1864 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2010 :  10:39:19  Show Profile  Visit parapenT1sta's Homepage  Click to see parapenT1sta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I meant to ask if you were using LK8000's PNA, 2002 or 2003 version.

Try to reset the HP310
Go to Top of Page

davesalmon
Pterodattilo

United Kingdom
1620 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2010 :  10:57:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am using PNA version on my iPAq 314. I have re-set many times. However, after browsing from File Manager and opening LK8000 that way, the buttons worked, but after a re-set they didn't work again.
Go to Top of Page

parapenT1sta
Pterodattilo

Portugal
1864 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2010 :  14:08:33  Show Profile  Visit parapenT1sta's Homepage  Click to see parapenT1sta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I reset my HP310 several times and I don't have that problem :( Let's see if other people have the same problem.

Do you have any other files on the card root? Like ddl's files?

I tested on a clean installation, lk8000 and unlock only.

Edited by - parapenT1sta on 29/08/2010 16:58:12
Go to Top of Page

icenix
Pterodattilo

Switzerland
930 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2010 :  17:16:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It works perfect!

Great utility!

Now we can stop keep trying to start with the stylus.

Thanks

Roberto Nivini -- HB-1942 V1
ACAO Calcinate
Go to Top of Page

davesalmon
Pterodattilo

United Kingdom
1620 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2010 :  19:28:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes I'd wondered about that so I had already tried moving everything else out. However tried again so there was only the LK folder plus the download, still didn't work. After using file manager and browsing to the LK executables and opening, then closing again, the new buttons did work, but did not start Paolo's bluetooth preload which I use for my external gps. After a re-set the buttons didn't work again.
Pity, because starting up is the only downside of the 314, and it would be good to streamline it a bit.
Go to Top of Page

parapenT1sta
Pterodattilo

Portugal
1864 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2010 :  19:34:36  Show Profile  Visit parapenT1sta's Homepage  Click to see parapenT1sta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
After a reset if you open the LK8000 for the very first time it copies the shortcuts to the desktop and maybe is related with that.

Can you confirm that your SD CARD path is SDMMC on iPaq windows Explorer?

Try to edit the FLY script to this (only this line):
Run("\SDMMC\LK8000\LK8000-PNA.exe")

Edited by - parapenT1sta on 29/08/2010 20:29:19
Go to Top of Page

davesalmon
Pterodattilo

United Kingdom
1620 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2010 :  20:51:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I confirm that the SD path is SDMMC. Tried the edit of the run line, and when the Fly button is clicked, the screen just goes to the Windows CE desktop. Thanks for trying, I'm giving up, at least for now.
Go to Top of Page

a.durbin
Aquilotto

USA
203 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2010 :  21:57:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've always run my LK8000 exe files from the SD card root, but these scripts assume they should be found and run from the LK8000 sub directory.

Have I been doing it wrong all this time?

Andy

Andy (GY)
Go to Top of Page

a.durbin
Aquilotto

USA
203 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2010 :  22:19:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I changed the path specification for the LK8000 files to match where they were and it works fine for Fly and Sim. Also calls HP Nav fine too, but as others have noted, can't get back out without a reset.

I need to clean up the path specs for some of the other buttons but looks like a very useful interface.

Thanks for posting!

Andy (GY)
Go to Top of Page

parapenT1sta
Pterodattilo

Portugal
1864 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2010 :  01:38:04  Show Profile  Visit parapenT1sta's Homepage  Click to see parapenT1sta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It's suppose to have LK8000 folder created on the card root :) I always used it like that and I made the unlock to work OK with the SD Card Installation that's on the LK8000 Manual (Page 7):

quote:
SD CARD INSTALL
Choose a fast SD CARD. Do not choose a cheap and slow SD card. Performance will be greatly
degraded. For example, you may choose any of the Sandisk Ultra series.
Your device may or may not support SDHC cards, so be careful to choose an SD that your device can
really read and write.
Unzip the content of the 1.22 zip archive inside the main directory of the SD card.
If you have temporarily connected the SD card on your PC for installing LK, you may see the external
disk drive as E: for example.
In this case, after unzip you should see a directory called
E:\LK8000

Inside that directory, you find the executables, the dll libraries and all of the needed subdirectories.
For a first time install you must always install a complete stable version with the complete LK8000 folder.
Upgrade versions which may be distributed with executables only are installed over the complete stable
versions. When you request the LK8000 software the full version and latest upgrade version will be
clearly identified.

Edited by - parapenT1sta on 30/08/2010 01:51:42
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy